Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Athanatos posted:

There seem to be a lot of not politics threads for a politics forum

CSPAM is supposed to be the political shitposting forum, and people are going to tend to go off-topic a lot.

When I posted the gaming thread I intended for it to have a left wing and explicitly political focus, and it's mostly kept to that. Even with as much as people digress about non-political topics it always swings back. It's good to have a lot of digression in a shitposting forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

docbeard posted:

What I like most about CSPAM is that it's a place where conversations are free to happen. What I mean is that if I say something stupid, or something that just goes against the grain of the thread, I might be argued with, ignored, told I'm an idiot or to go gently caress myself, but no one (or at least no one whose opinion matters) will tell me I'm talking about things the wrong way. And, particularly as I get older, there's no loving time for Roberts Rules of Bullshit.

I said before that CSPAM is a political shitposting forum but that's probably too flippant. The great thing about CSPAM is that shitposting and effort posting can go hand in hand, and there's no pressure for anybody to put too much effort into anything until the inspiration really strikes them.

Trying to set standards for the quality of posting is just an invitation for posting combat or debate styling, which I don't think anybody wants in here. I think posters have a good sense for what kind of posting should or shouldn't be allowed, whether that comes down to toxic behavior or insufferable banality.