Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I'm honestly surprised how little I've been turning off encounters. I'm enjoying the combat a lot more than I used to, even if it's still pretty simple, and I'm enjoying grinding up the various STs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Failed to save the world from a fireworks show, and all I got was this lousy chunk of gold

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Ace Transmuter posted:

Failed to save the world from a fireworks show, and all I got was this lousy chunk of gold

Eh, far too much drama. I prefer helping out a lampmaker by going around as a lamp sales woman.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Libluini posted:

Eh, far too much drama. I prefer helping out a lampmaker by going around as a lamp sales woman.

My current day-job is truancy officer.

Nobody likes a narc, it turns out.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Ace Transmuter posted:

How hard r u rn

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

Ace Transmuter posted:

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
I have that same pet, who’s name is big baby, a default name I think? My other pet I accidentally named beast egg because I think I clicked the wrong thing

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Holy poo poo Lisa wrecks shop

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Not sure who installed that centaur statue at the front gates of Geo but it sure is looking hard.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
Decision paralysis strikes again. I can't decide what weapon to use this run :sigh: I used hammers as a kid and gloves in college, I'm wondering if I should change it up.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

All of them.

If you don't care about level-up stats (and you shouldn't) then go with whatever looks the coolest.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

I constantly changed weapons so I could learn a variety of attack skills and shake things up.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I named my girl Aisha and gave her a big Axe as a Romancing SaGa ref.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Gotta go with the bow and arrow. I believe that it is the only weapon not repped by one of the companions.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

oh jay posted:

Gotta go with the bow and arrow. I believe that it is the only weapon not repped by one of the companions.

Spear too, I believe.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

gloves are fun as gently caress and the combos are cool, especially with a lot of grappling.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
Playing this as a kid I remember abilities being largely useless except for Moonjump for repositioning. Getting some halfway decent use out of things like grapple just to grab and pull a mob out of a pile so they don’t spam attacks together.

Also finding the short range weapons like gloves and knife real dangerous against monsters that can huddle up. Thank goodness the special attacks charge up VERY fast.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Spear is where it's at.

Never. Stop. Poking.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Blind Duke posted:

Playing this as a kid I remember abilities being largely useless except for Moonjump for repositioning. Getting some halfway decent use out of things like grapple just to grab and pull a mob out of a pile so they don’t spam attacks together.

Also finding the short range weapons like gloves and knife real dangerous against monsters that can huddle up. Thank goodness the special attacks charge up VERY fast.

A lot of abilities open up ways to just gently caress with the enemies: There are abilities to instantly move forwards to get into weapon range (pairs very well if back-flips or jumps), there are counters to retaliate with heavy damage, and my favorite, the flip kick: Just constantly kick the poo poo out of everything, like you're trying to replace Chun Li in Street Fighter. It's the best. :allears:

Also, the more abilities you learn, the more weapon techs you unlock: Another reason to wildly try out all manners of configurations to see what you can get.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Flip-kick and Counterstrike are both extremely good.

I need to look at a guide to figure out how to get all the abilities I missed in my blind run.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I’m partial to Evade, as you can dodge a lot of attacks and don’t really need good timing to pull it off.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Flip-Kick and Spin (+ strong attack) can actually hit multiple enemies at once. I got to have at least one of those at all times.

Grevlek
Jan 11, 2004

Ace Transmuter posted:

Spear is where it's at.

Never. Stop. Poking.

I like the spear as well. Twister is a good aoe since the monsters always surround me. The side up jumping attack is good too and has some knockback

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

I like the insanity of the item crafting system, its a nice difference from crafting as it is in games now. it just needs some way to more easily see how you hosed up your weapon.

So this reply is super late, but good news-ish! I found a site with a forging calculator so that you can experiment with the outcomes of base materials and addons.

https://forge.grendel.fr/

Now you can see what a sword with like 20 Apricats stuffed into it would look like before you grind them up and actually shove them in.

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Just finished Rachel's quest.

What the gently caress?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Sounds about right.

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

Just did the snowfields fairy quest and fairies suck, I hate that quest. Awful. An hour of running around having my fairy level go up and down and running back and raising it again to have some other rear end in a top hat fairy reduce it because I forgot how to do the quest and the laST FAIRY

hate the fairies

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal

FelicityGS posted:

hate the fairies

to be fair, I think you're supposed to

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Yeah they seem to be uniformly terrible.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

FelicityGS posted:

Just did the snowfields fairy quest and fairies suck, I hate that quest. Awful. An hour of running around having my fairy level go up and down and running back and raising it again to have some other rear end in a top hat fairy reduce it because I forgot how to do the quest and the laST FAIRY

hate the fairies

Yo, you can save anywhere now.

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

oh jay posted:

Yo, you can save anywhere now.

You can, and I saved before the last fairy, but turning encounters off and just running back and forth is less tedious than saving, talking to fairy, and reloading if needed.

Still tedious though. Awful quest.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Best part of saving everywhere is I finally crushed all the crabs.

Barreft
Jul 21, 2014

Whoever said this game is basically a fairy tale story book is so right.

I guess I didn't really understand it when I first played it at 16!

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

ZZT the Fifth posted:

So this reply is super late, but good news-ish! I found a site with a forging calculator so that you can experiment with the outcomes of base materials and addons.

Now you can see what a sword with like 20 Apricats stuffed into it would look like before you grind them up and actually shove them in.

Used this to create this axe out of what I had on hand:

Axe
Jacobini Rock
Mush In A Box
Mush In A Box
Honey Onion
Wad Of Wool
Honey Onion

It's got the Princess and Wanderer cards.

Edit: Lol I'm using 2H Axe not 1H ones. Oh well it's should sell for 19k lucre.

night slime
May 14, 2014

ZZT the Fifth posted:

https://legendofmana.info/ Someone posted this in the Switch thread, should pop these in the OP since the 2000-era gamefaqs guides are barely readable.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

FelicityGS posted:

hate the fairies

lol I guessed the final faerie on my first try

Mega64 posted:

Best part of saving everywhere is I finally crushed all the crabs.

Is this required for a quest? I think there’s a trophy but I’m on the Switch so

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

lol I guessed the final faerie on my first try

Is this required for a quest? I think there’s a trophy but I’m on the Switch so

There’s one quest that requires stomping at least 20 crabs, and an easter egg if you stomp 29/32 crabs.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Update from Vivienne's Wild Adventure:

I've tried Golem building and immediately went mad and poured most of my money, equipment and materials into making two of them.

One is green and called Jäger, some kind of hovercraft abomination armed with a shotgun, the other is purple, named Mr. Punch and... punches.

Oh, and then I tested them out in a jungle nearby. Turns out I'm poo poo at Tetris programming. But progress! After helping out some Looney Toons characters and getting cursed by fairies every other step, I eventually noticed that I need to use weapons of the corresponding Golem-type if I want logic pieces with corresponding attack powers.

But I think the most stupidest thing I did last session was never getting this awful, awful pun until that loving monster ape nearly killed me. *gets head bashed in by a hail of giant nuts* "oh, that's what it meant!" *dies of heavy internal bleeding*

at least I learned the ultimate lesson: badly programmed robots are the worst

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
So did she like... ascend to a higher plane of existence? Or did she get Katamari'd?