Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

just want 2 remind everyone that the legend of mana promise arrangement album is magical
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfDgf6BVlgs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Zenithe posted:

Invented a town, met a pretty odd cat. Told a guy to stop harassing a woman, and then didn't let him join me.

Was told to get rid of bandits, but had to let my new cat friend be a prick to his cockney friend first before I could.

Then I beat up two children and then seemingly adopted them?

wow you actually met the peddler of smiles himself???

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

DNE posted:

The garbage you find in chests is fodder for an inscrutable and unnecessary crafting system, which matters as much as, say, where you place your artifacts on the map.

um acktually, artifact placement matters a lot because it determines if demihuman pets will spawn in certain locations

crafting though? you can ignore it. or just follow recipe guides that tell you which incredibly rare materials you need to use to make powerful weapons and armor. got six dragon blood laying around? probably not because i never saw a drop of across like four different playthroughs.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

real talk though i think crafting would be pretty straightforward if Mystic Cards had an in-game encyclopedia and equipment had a visible energy meter. and I guess maybe took out the invisible holding slot.

DNE posted:

I think its subsystems relate to that theme by being toys that can be fun to understand and tinker with, but aren't especially important to success in the game beyond that.

this is a cute and fun way of thinking about it

Casnorf posted:

I also like that poo poo's gotten real poo poo in this pretty and overwhelming world. Cheerful music and whimsical art and silly fruits and did Sandra just...ffff

please enjoy this unusually upbeat arrangement of city of flickering destruction from the Promise album
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o1gUYXH0xG0

TurnipFritter fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jun 25, 2021

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Baba Dubababa Dub

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Legend of Mana is getting an anime, because sure, why not.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

how will they even structure the plot

The anime's subtitle is "The Teardrop Crystal" so I'm guessing it'll focus on the Jumi arc, which is fine because that's obviously the main storyline

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

MonsieurChoc posted:

I unlocked the Golems.

I have no clue how to make a Golem.

good news and bad news on that front

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

I said come in! posted:

Thank you for the help! I was just stressing out about the order that I place locations on the map because that apparently matters a great deal and might lock you out of certain quests?

There are three quests you can get locked out of because of elemental levels, and if you want the actual deets on those actual requirements:
Domina needs 3 Shade for one, Domina needs 3 Wisp and 3 Salamander for another, and Dume Desert needs 3 Dryad

And if you want more spoilers on how to achieve this:
Leave an empty space next to Domina and much later in the game you'll get an artifact that will meet both those requirements.