Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

"A single run takes 40-60 minutes..." is a bald-faced lie. If you're not spending at least 40-60 minutes on the final year alone you're playing it wrong :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Duck and Cover posted:

I spent like an hour trying to figure out if I was hosed or if my run could be salvaged. Like if it told me "hey this is still possible" I certainly would have tried harder.

I had at least one game where I was convinced I was completely screwed and agonized trying to find a way to continue forward without going into total stagnation. And I finally found it. And by finding that one solution a number of other avenues of progress opened themselves and it was smooth sailing from there. It's certainly an immensely satisfying feeling salvaging what looked to certainly be lost.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Duck and Cover posted:

Not cool game. I wanted another mineral lab but apparently having two labs researching the same thing gets -2 penalty.

Yeah it's a bit troublesome, though it's worth noting that the tech that gives +2 and then +4 to labs does work with penalized labs, so they're still worth building in that situation even if you only have 1 or 2 sources to draw from.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Node posted:

Thanks. I found a way to get a few more established colonies, but the game was nearly over anyway.

What does it mean when a product has a red padlock icon on it? I've noticed this with energy, and when you invent that technology that lets you mine asteroids for minerals.

It just means that the import is required for the export to be usable. Normally you can always at minimum export the base resource of a planet/location even with no imports, but that isn't the case with padlocked exports. No import, no product.