Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

pictured: Big Cum's Most Monstrous Ambassador
Picked this up yesterday and I'm already kinda obsessed. Game owns, I'm real bad though. Had a chance at a four star rating on normal ruined by a few bad plays draining happiness on the last year or so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

Node posted:

I'm well into my first run and have 36 planets on Reasonable, but I've become stuck. I've scanned everything I can, but I just can't see any connection I can make to expand my empire. Is it possible to become stuck in this game, or am I just not seeing it?

Also, does anyone have any tips regarding research stations? I can never seem to find a place that has a surplus of a finished product.

Well, you gotta intentionally set up your planets to have that surplus. Not particularly hard to arrange for two planets producing the research good and one producing population in an area.

I haven't gotten completely stuck before, but I have given up on a few games that might have become so, after a poor start. You could always just skip forward time and end it.

Eschatos
Apr 10, 2013

Managed to finally get a five star win on normal:

Realized I was one month of the game ending and just shy of five stars, spent the next 15 minutes scrolling through every planet looking for a way to eke out a few more points. Ended up realizing I could connect two planets to make em both prosperous.

What perks do yall like? I've come to really rely on the +10 research at start of game one, but whenever I don't also take one that generates money I run out early on. Some of the others seem super powerful, though, like causing forge worlds to produce both robots and chips.