Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

pillars of eternity 2. the first game grabbed me briefly but I grew to hate it, it was tedious bullshit and you spent almost the entirety of it in samey swamps and caves.

2 makes 1 feel like a tiny demo for the game they actually wanted to make. also had a turn based mode that made combat way better, tons of variety in enemies, areas, quests, dialogue, etc. everything was voiced and more concisely written unlike the first game that fully expected you to read an entire loving book every conversation.

anyway I completed it in 100 hours during lockdown and later I started another file and put another 100 hours into it, game owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

I remember thinking the new Prey was going to be more like Dead Space or Doom 3 where it’s leaning more into action-horror and ends up not doing either well, but then it ended up being a surprisingly good 0451 game

i hated quake 4 and doom 3 and thought Prey would suck too since it's on the same engine and very similar-feeling but it owns. the big shoot-outs where youre going between portals flipping the gravity 5 different ways are awesome

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

some plague rats posted:

Yeah I hated 2, just an absolute poo poo experience, so I didn't even bother with 3 until like last year when it was in sale for pennies and after playing it for a couple hours I called in sick to work for three days straight to keep playing it

lol hell yeah