Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

You search through the heaps of trash in the alley, finding a piece of wood about as long as your forearm and as thick as a baseball bat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Armauk posted:

You search through the heaps of trash in the alley, finding a piece of wood about as long as your forearm and as thick as a baseball bat.

John takes the stick, positions it under his cloth so that it looks like he is hiding a gun, walks over the the steakhouse, kicks open the door and starts yelling:

"This is a robbery, hand me all your cash and nobody gets hurt!"

e X fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Jul 16, 2021

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

The restaurant is nearly empty. The few patrons in the dining area raise their heads and eye the entrance. Some shrug their shoulders and continue eating.

The maitre d' eyes you suspiciously.

"Sir, do you have a reservation?"

The guy from across the street bursts through the door and grabs you by the collar.

"What the gently caress are you doing?" he hisses into your ear.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Armauk posted:

"Sir, do you have a reservation?"

John leaps forward and punches the maitre d' in the face!

I use my "Muscles like circus strongman" skill and roll normally

Punch waiter in face: 1d6 6

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

The stranger you met across the street grabs your arm, but you wiggle it free. You then leap forward and punch the matire d' straight in the face, knocking him out cold. The guests in the dining room stop eating. A few people stand up. Someone screams. Another yells, "Call 911!"

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
John grabs the nearest employee and yells:
"Gimme money!"

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

You rush to the nearest guest, a slim-looking businessman, and grab his collar. You shake him frantically, screaming into his face:

"Gimme money!"
"Gimme money!"
"Gimme money!"
"Gimme money!"

The businessman is at a loss for words. He finally squeaks out, "Okay! Okay! You can take what's in my wallet."

He pulls out a black wallet and tosses it onto the table.

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

*Random voice in the back of John's overcrowded mind*
that's actually a nice restaurant, I wonder what their dessert menu is like
*an old rock and roll tune John can never identify gradually dissolving into a bug spray commercial*

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Armauk posted:

You rush to the nearest guest, a slim-looking businessman, and grab his collar. You shake him frantically, screaming into his face:

"Gimme money!"
"Gimme money!"
"Gimme money!"
"Gimme money!"

The businessman is at a loss for words. He finally squeaks out, "Okay! Okay! You can take what's in my wallet."

He pulls out a black wallet and tosses it onto the table.

John grabs the wallet, pulls out the cash, drops it into the strangers hand.

"Here's the cash, give the meth now"

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

e X posted:

John grabs the wallet, pulls out the cash, drops it into the strangers hand.

"Here's the cash, give the meth now"

You hear the sound of sirens approaching. The stranger takes your arm and pulls you out of the restaurant and down the alley where you first met. He leads you up a fire escape. You climb several stories up. You look down and see the flashing of police cars surround the restaurant. The stranger opens a side window and beckons you in.

You are now inside a decrepit apartment. You climb down the window into what appears to be a living room. There's a recliner filled chip crumbs and a sofa ripped apart from what you suspect to be a cat. A small TV is playing the news, with a male reporter standing outside the restaurant, telling viewers about an attempted rovvery.

The stranger moves into the back kitchen and pulls out a can of beer from the kitchen. He pops it open and turns to you.

"You are one crazy motherfucker, dude."

He pulls your cash from his pocket and counts the bills.

"Unfortunately, you only have $15 in singles and fives here, and a good bump of my crystal will run you about $50. That's me being nice after the stupid stunt you just pulled down there."

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Armauk posted:

"Unfortunately, you only have $15 in singles and fives here, and a good bump of my crystal will run you about $50. That's me being nice after the stupid stunt you just pulled down there."

"Eh, I do what I must", John says while shrugging.
"Now by a pal and give me a discount, I am a new customer after all!"

I'll use my "Charm of a used car salesman" skill again to convince him and spent an additional willpower
Charm of a used car salesman: 1d6+1 6
Willpower: 1

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

Sorry for the delay.

Your smooth-talking and suave persona wins over the stranger.

"You know what, man," the stranger says, "I'll cut you a break. You've already given me quite a wild ride this morning, more interesting than most days, so I'll cut you a deal: How's a decent bump for $15? Hell, I'll do one with you. I ain't got poo poo to do. And, you can pay for food later. I see you have a debit card in your wallet."

He gives you a wink and takes the $15 you're holding in your hand. He returns to the kitchen and squats below the sink. He pulls out a silver briefcase, clicks it open and pulls out a small bag of what you see to be white crystal. His hands disappear behind the open case for a moment. He snaps the case shut and returns it below the sink. He slinks back to the couch, pipe and lighter in hand.

"Ready to blast off?"

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude

Armauk posted:

"Ready to blast off?"

You know I am!

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

Please roll a 1d6

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Meth Roll: 1d6 4
Willpower: 1

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

You place your lips on the pipe an dlight the bowl. You hold the lighter for a bit as the smoke furls in the bowl. You light it for longer. At this point, the once-transparent bowl is now milky white. You put the lighter down and inhale the smoke. You easily take it in and blow it out, like a dragon awakening from a long slumber.

"Oh, poo poo!" the stranger exclaims.

You feel the meth coursing through your body. You try to get up, but you immediately fall down. The high is too good. You close your eyes, and behind your eyelids you see a rainbow road stretch before you. Then... black.

John blacks out from the huge hit of meth. This means players can now control him.

Retro Futurist, Shellception, Fuzz and e X: Time to roll for control of John. Everyone, please post your dice rolls -- 1d6 + willpower (optional)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

https://orokos.com/roll/907478: 1d6 5

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
https://orokos.com/roll/907479 Also 5.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
Controll Rol: 1d6 4

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

Shellception and Retro Futurist, please roll 1d6 again for tiebreaker.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

"I'm made up of the memories of my parents and my grandparents, all my ancestors. They're in the way I look, in the colour of my hair. And I'm made up of everyone I've ever met who's changed the way I think"
https://orokos.com/roll/907579 1d6 6

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

https://orokos.com/roll/907584: 1d6 4

Curses, foiled again

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

Shellception gains control of John.

You slowly open your eyes. The lights above you pierce into your retinas. You look around and realize you're in a moving train. You no longer have your suit. Instead, you're wearing an oversized I <3 NY, black pants, and flip-flops. The only thing you remember was taking the big hit of meth at the stranger's apartment, seeing a rainbow road, and everything turning to black.

You raise your head and see you're one of only a few people in the car. You sit back down. Your stomach is turning. You look out the window and see dark trees flying back. You discern it might be the evening.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

(Sorry for lateness!)

John looks lazily out of the window, then decides to try and guess where the train is headed. He checks the wagon for any signs. He also checks his pockets for any loose change or anything else that might have escaped his attention before.

Shellception fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Aug 18, 2021

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

Shellception posted:

John looks lazily out of the window, then decides to try and guess where the train is headed. He checks the wagon for any signs. He also checks his pockets for any loose change or anything else that might have escaped his attention before.

You look out the window again and can't immediately figure out which direction you're headed. You look around the wagon and see a barely filled car. Some passengers are fiddling on their phones, others are sound asleep. You reach into your pocket and find a scrunched up piece of paper. You unroll it and see a stamped train ticket with the following symbol: NYC (3 p.m.) -> WAS (9 p.m.)

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Relizing the train may be about to reach its destination, John decides to pass the time by checking out some of the other passengers. He looks around and tries to find someone who looks like they'd be easy to convince or con out of a few coins.

Shellception fucked around with this message at 09:53 on Aug 24, 2021

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

Shellception posted:

Relizing the train may be about to reach its destination, John decides to pass the time by checking out some of the other passengers. He looks around and tries to find someone who looks like they'd be easy to convince or con out of a few coins.

You walk up and down the car, even moving to other cars to check on people. The train is mostly empty, and the few people you see are fast asleep. One woman you find is leaning her head against the window, snoring softly. She seems lights out. You notice her purse sitting in the chair next to her.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

(There's just one thing to do here, isn't it?)

John tries to gently wake up the sleeping lady.

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

Shellception posted:

(There's just one thing to do here, isn't it?)

There are multiple things to do ;)

quote:

John tries to gently wake up the sleeping lady.

The woman opens her eyes slowly and stretches her upper body. Her eyes are still
glassy from a long nap. She wipes her eyes and stares at you with a slightly confused look.

"Have we arrived?"

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

(I know, I know, I was joking)

John: We seem to be about to, yes. But that's not why I woke you up. I just saw a suspicious dude looking at your seat, there, he seemed mighty interested in something. I chased him out and then I saw your purse lying there. You may want to check you have everything still in there?

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

"Well... thanks for that." The woman rummages through her bag. "Seems like everything is here." She looks up and starts to feel a little suspicious. "Is there something I can help you with?"

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

John tries to make smalltalk with the lady.

(Sorry I was slow in this, but I am not sure how I should approach this. I do intend for John to approach the lady and talk for a bit. Should I write the specific dialog lines, or is this a roll?)

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

Shellception posted:

John tries to make smalltalk with the lady.

(Sorry I was slow in this, but I am not sure how I should approach this. I do intend for John to approach the lady and talk for a bit. Should I write the specific dialog lines, or is this a roll?)

No problem. What kind of information do you hope to extract from this woman? Something to think about : Does talking to her get you closer to your obsession?

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Right. I do intend to try and earn her confidence, probably exaggerate myself a bit, see if I can get her to give me anything of value.

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

Shellception posted:

Right. I do intend to try and earn her confidence, probably exaggerate myself a bit, see if I can get her to give me anything of value.

OK go ahead and roll 1d6.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

Armauk posted:

OK go ahead and roll 1d6.

https://orokos.com/roll/910964 1d6 6 (drat nice rolls lately, lol)

John tries to regain his confidence and not look totally psycho, clears his throat a bit, then starts talking.

"Actually, yeah. I am bored to death of watching the trees outside. Care for a bit of a chat? Mind if I sit there?"

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

Shellception posted:

https://orokos.com/roll/910964 1d6 6 (drat nice rolls lately, lol)

John tries to regain his confidence and not look totally psycho, clears his throat a bit, then starts talking.

"Actually, yeah. I am bored to death of watching the trees outside. Care for a bit of a chat? Mind if I sit there?"

The woman removes the purse and gestures you to sit.

You both engage in fun conversation for the rest of the trip. You learn her name's Jackie; she's a doctorate student at Georgetown University, studying international economics; she's returning to Washington after visiting her boyfriend in Boston; she has a dog named Terry; her parents died during 9/11; and her favorite cuisine is Indian.

You keep the conversation going but don't reveal too much about yourself because, frankly, there's not much to tell. You can't remember anything before waking up in the middle of Time Square, the assault of the steakhouse guest for methamphetamine money and the events leading up to you smoking said drugs with the mysterious stranger.

The PA crackles with the sound of the conductor.

"Washington Penn Station coming up. This the final stop."

The woman starts packing up her belongings.

"Well, thank you for the conversation. That made this long trip fly."

You smile and search for any last-minute thing you want to talk with her.

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

John smiles again, trying not to appear too deranged. poo poo, there was something he wanted to say to her, wasn't there? But she was so nice and open, he'd forgotten all about his swindling plans. Now it just feels wrong to tell her a pity tale for money.

He stays still for a moment, his train of thought long ago derailed. After that, he blurts out...

"There's something I havent told you. I, uh, I actually am... well, I am the CEO of Google. On a special mission. Market analysis, international spionage. The Chinese. Very secret. So please don't tell anyone you saw me or talked with me. And thank you for the chatter, you are nice"

Armauk
Jun 23, 2021

Shellception posted:

John smiles again, trying not to appear too deranged. poo poo, there was something he wanted to say to her, wasn't there? But she was so nice and open, he'd forgotten all about his swindling plans. Now it just feels wrong to tell her a pity tale for money.

He stays still for a moment, his train of thought long ago derailed. After that, he blurts out...

"There's something I havent told you. I, uh, I actually am... well, I am the CEO of Google. On a special mission. Market analysis, international spionage. The Chinese. Very secret. So please don't tell anyone you saw me or talked with me. And thank you for the chatter, you are nice"

Please roll 1d6 to see if you've convinced the woman that you are, in fact, the CEO of Google.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shellception
Oct 12, 2016

https://orokos.com/roll/913328 1d6 3.

Can I spend 3 willpower on this to make that a 6?