Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah

Cubone posted:

Might I sugest agin, a head-canon for my skul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Been playing Mass Effect insanely for a month now and after seeing the ending again, I decided that every ending except the one where you destroy the reapers is just the AI lying to you out of self preservation.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

This may not be exactly what you meant but when I was super addicted to Morrowind in middle school I was constantly creating new characters and deleting old ones whenever I decided to try out a new build or something. But sometimes when I accomplished what I set out to do with one character I’d have gotten too attached to them to delete them, so instead they’d get “retired.” I’d bring them back to whatever house had been taken over as their home base, unequip their weapons and armor, put them and any other treasures they’d collected around the house as if they were on display, put on their finest civilian clothes, and leave them there. Save, sign out, and leave the save there instead of deleting it. In my mind they had gotten everything they wanted out of adventuring and settled down to enjoy the quiet life with their wealth.

I brought the tradition back a few years ago with The Witcher 3 where I did the same thing with Geralt at his vineyard after doing everything in the game.

this rules. god bless.

i definitely played around a lot in games and imagined stuff, especially Morrowind. it's just so perfectly suited for it. i remember in one of my favorite playthroughs being a vampire in a doomed world where i had severed the thread of prophesy. i had such high acrobatics i jumped between the rooftops in balmora so the guards couldn't get me. i could have killed them all easily, but i had taken over a residence in balmora and was pretending i couldn't get caught and be exposed.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

playing Black and White i also spent a lot of time imagining what the villagers thought of the god they worshipped, how they perceived the creature and its changes as its alignment shifted. as miracles good or bad would be enacted, or the accidental freak boulder soaring through the air crashing in the middle of town, i imagined how they would write it into their holy scriptures and how these events would be misconstrued through the ages.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Bolverkur posted:

playing Black and White i also spent a lot of time imagining what the villagers thought of the god they worshipped, how they perceived the creature and its changes as its alignment shifted. as miracles good or bad would be enacted, or the accidental freak boulder soaring through the air crashing in the middle of town, i imagined how they would write it into their holy scriptures and how these events would be misconstrued through the ages.

me too! I dreamt of a much deeper version of that game where your people’s religion & iconography would actually be built around your actions. I’m sure Peter Molyneux promised that at some point

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Sub-Actuality posted:

me too! I dreamt of a much deeper version of that game where your people’s religion & iconography would actually be built around your actions. I’m sure Peter Molyneux promised that at some point

everything he's ever said is true, if you just imagine

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

I want to play all of the games Peter Molyneux thinks he’s making

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Bolverkur posted:

Sub-Actuality posted:

this is why I'm actually totally fine with smoke & mirrors in game design

stuff that doesn't really change much in terms of purely mechanical outcomes, but helps with the fantasy
like the character stats in Until Dawn, or afaict most of the paragon/renegade stuff in Mass Effect

like, why not? outside of extremely abstract or challenge-focused games, you're either inhabiting a role or playing out a mythologized version of yourself. games should do whatever they want to help you conceptualize what's going on outside the borders
lie to me, Peter

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Real answer: Kiryu is a virgin.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Arrhythmia posted:

Absolutely.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

he has certainly been date raped

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Arrhythmia posted:

It’s canon that he fucks in love hotels.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
They beat the poo poo out of him. His health bar goes down.

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

Arrhythmia posted:

They beat the poo poo out of him. His health bar goes down.

his health bar is similar to duke ego, he gets drained when he undergoes a mentally or emotionally taxing journey

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

All Substories and All Hostesses is definitely canonical, which means that when kiryu repeatedly says directly to the player, through sweat, that he is very definitely NOT into what he's doing while he perfectly trains a dominatrix to be good at her job really happened.

Lmao Tzu
Sep 11, 2014

In Fallout 3 I pretended it had only been a year after the bombs dropped or something because the idea of there still being unfound food in a supermarket after 200 years is dumb as gently caress

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Arrhythmia posted:

I want Kiryu-Goromi to be real but I must acknowledge that this is correct

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

kiryu and sayama definitely had sex. topic locked.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Fungah! posted:

I'm not sure that they did honestly.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Not only is Kiryu a virgin but if he ever had sex he’d immediately lose all his strength, like when Sampson’s hair was cut.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Fungah! posted:

She gets the job in America on the helicopter ride to the graveyard. Simply no time.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

big boss is a virgin also

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Dongicus posted:

:hai:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

His son David "Solid" Snake may or may not have had sex, though.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Otacon is the one MGS character who has canonically had the most sex.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Dongicus posted:

definitely this

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy

Dongicus posted:

Gotta disagree because of the date with Kaz side mission in PW and also the Japanese radio play set in the Mother Base sauna. I see where you're coming from though

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

eva spENt an entire cutscene with her entire boobs and rear end pointing at him and he was losing it about a gun. big boss definitely a viegin and its pointless to deny it

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

solid snake has had sex or at lest knows what it is bit big boss has no time for anything but soldieri g. zero question.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Fungah! posted:

eva spENt an entire cutscene with her entire boobs and rear end pointing at him and he was losing it about a gun. big boss definitely a viegin and its pointless to deny it

not sure about this one. i think a virgin would be more flustered by the rear end and boobs compared to a sex veteran for whom they’d be nothing new. i’ll defer to the experts, however.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

b_d posted:

not sure about this one. i think a virgin would be more flustered by the rear end and boobs compared to a sex veteran for whom they’d be nothing new. i’ll defer to the experts, however.

gonna say this is incorrect. an expert would feel compelled to comment on the quality of the rear end, boobs, pussy, etc. just as a wine taster would be unable to pass by a vintage without noting things about its tone and body, so would a sexual connoisseur.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Let me just say that Big Boss is the greatest combat vet I’ve ever seen. A pure fighting machine with only a desire to win a war that someone else lost. And if winning means he has to get his dick wet, he’ll get it wet. No fear, no regrets. And one more thing; what you choose to call hell, he calls Outer Heaven.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

herculon posted:

Let me just say that Big Boss is the greatest combat vet I’ve ever seen. A pure fighting machine with only a desire to win a war that someone else lost. And if winning means he has to get his dick wet, he’ll get it wet. No fear, no regrets. And one more thing; what you choose to call hell, he calls Outer Heaven.

Kaz… I’m already a virgin.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

MeatwadIsGod posted:

I won't splatter your asses with my heartless seed. I will always be inside you

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

lmfao

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

lol

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Naked Snake: Adorable Maid Tuffy, huh? [Takes the figure from EVA with a certain amount of incredulity. Looks it over briefly and suddenly throws his fresh cigar to the ground, snuffing it out in a delighted hurry as his keen eye observes the small mouse maid.] Incredible. You can just barely tell, but the grooves on this show it was snipped by God Hand SPN-120 Ultimate Nippers [pauses to clarify] 5.0. This matte top-coat.. Mr. Super Clear Flat Spray? Garage kit supplement parts to customize the frills and skirt... The maid duster? It's molded exactly to fit right in her hands-- this isn't from another fig'. And not only that, every part of this model has been expertly molded and customized........ Where'd you get something like this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hizke posted:

Naked Snake: Adorable Maid Tuffy, huh? [Takes the figure from EVA with a certain amount of incredulity. Looks it over briefly and suddenly throws his fresh cigar to the ground, snuffing it out in a delighted hurry as his keen eye observes the small mouse maid.] Incredible. You can just barely tell, but the grooves on this show it was snipped by God Hand SPN-120 Ultimate Nippers [pauses to clarify] 5.0. This matte top-coat.. Mr. Super Clear Flat Spray? Garage kit supplement parts to customize the frills and skirt... The maid duster? It's molded exactly to fit right in her hands-- this isn't from another fig'. And not only that, every part of this model has been expertly molded and customized........ Where'd you get something like this?

Lol