Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

This may not be exactly what you meant but when I was super addicted to Morrowind in middle school I was constantly creating new characters and deleting old ones whenever I decided to try out a new build or something. But sometimes when I accomplished what I set out to do with one character I’d have gotten too attached to them to delete them, so instead they’d get “retired.” I’d bring them back to whatever house had been taken over as their home base, unequip their weapons and armor, put them and any other treasures they’d collected around the house as if they were on display, put on their finest civilian clothes, and leave them there. Save, sign out, and leave the save there instead of deleting it. In my mind they had gotten everything they wanted out of adventuring and settled down to enjoy the quiet life with their wealth.

I brought the tradition back a few years ago with The Witcher 3 where I did the same thing with Geralt at his vineyard after doing everything in the game.
Morrowind's the best for this, you even get a retirement estate out in the country if you do one of the House questlines.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU