Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

items you pin to the "enhanced" clipboard get stuck on the bottom of the list, so you have to scroll all the way down past whatever bullshit you copied most recently to get to the things you marked as frequently used

so, at the moment, it's like the complete opposite of this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zam Wesell
Mar 22, 2009

[Zam is suddenly shot in the neck by a toxic dart; Anakin and Obi-Wan see a "rocket-man" take off and fly away, and Zam dies]

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

between that and the new task bar offering no new features while not being possible to move from the bottom of the screen it is all pretty much comically dumb.

wait, you can't even drag the taskbar to the right/left side of the screen anymore?
that's gonna look cool on my 5120x1440 monitor........................

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

Zam Wesell posted:

wait, you can't even drag the taskbar to the right/left side of the screen anymore?
that's gonna look cool on my 5120x1440 monitor........................

well, not unless i've just missed some trick. might also be something that'll change before release, but already not a good sign

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

yeah im gonna dump a ton of money on pc gaming to play through an unstable Windows emulation layer

Fiedler
Jun 29, 2002

I, for one, welcome our new mouse overlords.

akadajet posted:

yeah im gonna dump a ton of money on pc gaming to play through an unstable Windows emulation layer

reasons_why_msft_canceled_10x.txt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

ended up on windows 11 as i was on insider slow (to try out wsl gpu, very good for cuda as i don't get along with the windows tooling at all), which again suggests that this is a tiny update.

much as i roll my eyes at people complaining loudly about old interfaces here and there in settings, the right-click menu in explorer is now an oversized list of like six (mostly useless, e.g. "copy") items, the last being "more options" which pops up the *old* right-click menu, which has a strict superset of choices, including e.g. the often useful 7zip shortcuts. between that and the new task bar offering no new features while not being possible to move from the bottom of the screen it is all pretty much comically dumb.

i doubt it is worse in any really *substantial* way, but it sure doesn't offer anything to offset these kinds of dumb changes.

microsoft is really beyond the pale lol, just absolute madness in the windows division