Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012
Reasonable I will be.

Profile (Belgium)
Wishlist! Sorted, please ignore anything below the huge rear end list of unreleased games

edit: Gloria Victis: Siege Survival sent up
edit: Xander fired back with Contradiction, thanks mate!
Edit: Sklurb got me good with dual gear, rogue state revolution and dark side of the moon. Got my FMV fix today lol Thanks!

SA_Avenger fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jun 24, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012
Well...I said I'd. Not going to let the chance go when it's there to grab.
Gotcha

Profile (Belgium)
Wishlist! Sorted, please ignore anything below the huge rear end list of unreleased games

Edit: I tried to empty sklurb's wishlist but he is already busy filling it back up
Edit: And O_O Cpunch is a madman, he hit me with Baldur's Gate III...how ...can I thank you enough lol thx

SA_Avenger fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Jun 24, 2021

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012
I said I'd be reasonable, not that I'd let the train fall on page 3

Profile (Belgium)

edit: Last Epoch sent up
edit: gschmidl got me Tainted Grail thanks!

SA_Avenger fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Jun 25, 2021

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012
welp I wanted to run after the other guy but I end up running after that guy, save me!

Profile (Belgium)

edit: sent Roguebook up
And got Farm Manager from Pennfalath

SA_Avenger fucked around with this message at 08:30 on Jun 26, 2021

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012
Morning training run

Profile (Belgium)

edit: friend invite sent
edit: Wildermyth sent up
edit: Sklurb got me Tungunska the visitation. Thanks as always :D

SA_Avenger fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Jun 27, 2021

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012
Time to spread the luv

Profile (Belgium)

edit: This Land is My Land sent up
edit: The horrible person below got me King Arthur: Knight's Tale ! Thanks a ton !!!

SA_Avenger fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jun 27, 2021

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012
drat you.

Profile (Belgium)

edit: Payback with Resident Evil Village
edit: Thanks Saoshyant for Hunie Pop 2 and Faulty Apprentice!

SA_Avenger fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Jun 27, 2021

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012
Btw philihp your profile link links to BadNewsPanda's...

And now I'll have to ride >_<

Profile (Belgium)

edit: friend invite sent
edit: Thanks a lot Strix for Eiyiu Senki Gold ! now I can conquer anime world but in gold
edit: Crusader Kings III sent up

SA_Avenger fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Jun 29, 2021

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012
CHOO CHOO INSANITY

Profile (Belgium)

edit: X4: Foundation sent up
Cpunch got me Mass Effect Legendery edition to not forget he is a legend.

SA_Avenger fucked around with this message at 08:07 on Jun 30, 2021

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012
What is sanity?

Profile (Belgium)

edit: sent Wreckfest and Walking Dead: Saints and Siinners up
edit: And Flatulance a lot returned with Maneater and Fabled Land ! Thanks !

SA_Avenger fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Jun 30, 2021

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012
Not a ride!

Wanderer posted:

Edit: Sent Anchorhead to Saoshyant via itch.io.

At the risk of sounding petty this is below the minimum to ride the train both in USD and €. Please fix this. (edit: Soashyant has a varied enough wishlist for you to find something cheap to add ;) )

SA_Avenger fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Jul 2, 2021

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012
Steam regional pricing can be an issue indeed sometimes when the difference is about 10%, one needs to try them one after the other or look the price difference on steamdb and the like sometimes, also sites like https://gg.deals/wishlist/ and https://isthereanydeal.com/ may help tremendously to find other places to get steam keys. But I just want to make sure noone feels shafted by the experience.

edit: thanks for going over ;)

edit: still not a ride. I'm holding O_O

SA_Avenger fucked around with this message at 08:31 on Jul 2, 2021

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012
*grumbles* weekend, surely it means I can ride again

Profile (Belgium)

edit: After messing up a little because I'm too tired to read, I managed to send Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster up to Bad News Panda who only delivered good news during trains
and KuuleHain sent me Roguebook and act II of Walkerman. Thanks ! :D

SA_Avenger fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Jul 2, 2021

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012
Making up for the day I did not ride I guess

Profile (Belgium)

edit: Necromunda Hired Gun sent up
edit2: off to bed, will check in the morning
edit: Eeek Sklurb did sklurb again and gifted me Carnal Instinct, Out of the Park Baseball and Waiting for the raven !! Thanks a bunch

SA_Avenger fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Jul 3, 2021

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012
And I thought the famine was over, righting some wrongs

Profile (Belgium)

edit: Sent Roguebook and Crusader King III Northern Lords up
edit: Got the Fermi Paradox from Ferrosol, thanks.
edit3: Cpunch fired back with Summer Memories ! Thanks!

SA_Avenger fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Jul 3, 2021

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012
Gotcha, happy 4th !

Profile (Belgium)

edit: King Arthur: Knight's Tale sent up
edit: Received Necromunda: Hired Gun from Bad News Panda, thanks a lot!

SA_Avenger fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jul 4, 2021

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012
That guy seems like a newcomer, surely I must ride behind him

Profile (Belgium)

edit: Sent Wasteland 3 up

edit: Thanks Deformed Church for Gladiator Manager and Avorion !

SA_Avenger fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Jul 5, 2021

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012
Train must go on

Profile (Belgium)

edit: sent Detroit Become Human and the Room 4 Old sins up
edit: Got Combined Arms: Operations Serie from Aumanor, thanks.

SA_Avenger fucked around with this message at 16:58 on Jul 5, 2021

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012
And payback

Profile (Belgium)

edit: sent the Outer Worlds up
edit: off to bed will check in the morning
edit: Thanks Cpunch for Evenicle !

SA_Avenger fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Jul 6, 2021

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012
Birthday Run!

Profile (Belgium)

edit: Hesitated a long time, ended up sending theTenants and Banner of the Maid up, and strix is faster at updating than me :D Thanks! ;)
edit: Thanks a ton Kuule Hain for Grounded and congrats on shot 2! (2 more weeks for me)

SA_Avenger fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Jul 6, 2021

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012
Birthday day means crazy day so hey, here I am again (maybe last though :P) Sao shot first by sending me Car Trader Simulator, thanks ;)

Profile (Belgium)

edit: Sent Ys VIII Lacrimosa of Dana up
edit: Thanks Ningyou for Evil Genius 2 !!

SA_Avenger fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Jul 6, 2021

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012
Welp, bundled keys are not that great indeed. Unblocking the train

Profile (Belgium)

edit: sent Geneforge I and Star Control I&II up
edit: Definitely no mercy Cpunch hit me with everything lewd he could find on my wishlist at the same time (third crisis,2 faulty apprentice dlc, fashion business and seek girl fog I ) and Surmount (which is supposed to be translated soon) Thanks a ton as usual.

SA_Avenger fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Jul 7, 2021

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012
Revenge of some sort

Profile (Belgium)

edit: Persona 5 strikers sent up
edit: Cpunch just beat me down with Humankind, thanks a lot crazy person

SA_Avenger fucked around with this message at 22:08 on Jul 7, 2021

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012
Last day, last ride?

Profile (Belgium)

edit: Crusader Kings 3 sent up
edit: Got DOOM Eternal Deluxe Edition from Zetsubou-San, Thanks!

SA_Avenger fucked around with this message at 10:33 on Jul 8, 2021

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012
I think I never rode behind Cuntpunch, gotta right that wrong

Profile (Belgium)

edit: Sent Necromunda Hired Gun and Frozenheim up
edit: and got Creatura from Bad News Panda, thanks!

SA_Avenger fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Jul 8, 2021

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012
And official last O_O (or is it)

Profile (Belgium)

edit: Sent Mundaun and Unavowed up

edit: Thanks Nettle for the wheel of trash, it was fun and a bit scary !
edit: Strix just got me Transport Fever 2, thanks !

SA_Avenger fucked around with this message at 16:11 on Jul 8, 2021

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012
Amazing train with lovely people as always. Some great newcomers as well which is nice to see.

The high average seems to suggest we could raise the minimum to 15$ without issue if all aggree.

Either way, thanks a ton to Nettle for hosting us as usual and thanks to all of you for the amazing event. (and making me forget what reasonable means)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SA_Avenger
Oct 22, 2012
I'm not sure I should chime in as most has already been said but I guess as one of those who actually called out a few people the last few train and try to keep an eye on things (far from the most efficient one), it's fair . I'm not looking for anyone to be in trouble but I agree that this community event that is quite the highlight of the year is better when everybody tries their best to join in the spirit.

The main issue for me is not an occasional low gifting by a newcomer but when newcomers or very generous gifters are preyed upon by people who can afford several rides yet never really gift much higher than minimum. Not only it can make newcomers run away but worse it spoils the mood for those who actually have been insanely generous.

As an old timer, I believe that it's not fair to gift low to someone who has just gifted big and if I can't afford it I just won't. Although it's not always possible to gift back in kind, it's important to remember that the train is all about generosity and most of us know when we have been spoiled and try to keep track of who have been so good to us, keeping some names for when we can finally pay it back. I believe I have been insanely lucky and met tremendously generous people, some I'm still trying to pay back (but they struggle the monsters), some maybe I never will be able to because they don't ride anymore but the point is "reciprocity" is important and I'm glad to see when people who could not afford to ride higher in the past, now come back in force and pay in kind. A big element of the pleasure we have riding come from the surprise, and I believe it's best if it can be a "good" surprise :)

Although it may seem fair that if it's "on the wishlist then it's fine" as someone with an extra long wishlist I can say that not everything has the same value to my eyes (which is why I order it and point a limit) because some is there for steamgifts, because I didn't have time to look up a video, because of memory, want to gift it to someone else or even wouldn't mind trying if it ever gets free but whatever the reason is (and how silly one may think it is) the point Cuntpunch made is quite fair, gifting old, already bundled games does not have the same flavor as gifting something recent.

I don't think game keys are the issue, we are many at trying to avoid pricing issues by going to other sites like isthereanydeal or gg.deals and that's fine if it allows you to gift someone you'd have trouble gifting otherwise but at this point I'd not be against banning games that have already been free or already bundled several times from the gift train (unless someone says it's ok ) , it's easy to look up on sites like https://barter.vg/browse/ to see if a game has already been bundled or not. EGS (as some prefer to have everything on steam )and humblebundle (higher tier bundle) could be an exception of course but the idea would be to avoid games that often go on sale at 1$ to be gifted under a current value of 10$. Also raising the minimum really helped make the train smoother the last couple time imho and stats seem to indicate we can raise it some more.

Overall, I hope people understand (and I believe most do) that the important is the spirit and we only hope for such talk to not occur again and again. The point is for all to have fun and feel the spirit (esp for next one, it's going to be Christmas :P)

SA_Avenger fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Jul 10, 2021