Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eppy37
Feb 20, 2016

Hooray~

Now I can get back to doing other stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Yo, this crowd sucks for how quiet they are.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
The Tormba Boy Light Guys.

Tochiazuma
Feb 16, 2007

Doltos posted:

End of the day the Habs got through a ton of bullshit to get met with more bullshit and still hung in plus they pissed off a ton of fanbases that's like a Stanley Cup

I like these thoughts

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

fartknocker posted:

Yo, this crowd sucks for how quiet they are.

It is entirely likely that the city of Tampa will wake up tomorrow and not even realize this occurred

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

fartknocker posted:

Yo, this crowd sucks

also
https://twitter.com/samizayn/status/1412967828064456707

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

Doltos posted:

End of the day the Habs got through a ton of bullshit to get met with more bullshit and still hung in plus they pissed off a ton of fanbases that's like a Stanley Cup

Hell yeah

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
At least Montreal managed a last second flurry to get up to 20 shots for the game.

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

Cooper is such a cool dude.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

AsInHowe posted:

A team Steve Yzerman built won back to back Stanley Cups.

Lot of very smart people are saying that Steve Yzerman is the greatest player-exec of all time. Something to think on.

sweet thursday
Sep 16, 2012

I don't think team pride has anything to do with Flrodia residents not wanting to stand for 6 minutes

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Hand Knit posted:

At least Montreal managed a last second flurry to get up to 20 shots for the game.

That was a truly pathetic final ten minutes by the Habs there

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

A man's man, wears a lot of denim, tells long stories and has oatmeal saved from this morning.

ThinkTank posted:

We don't need to restrict it to just ten minutes, do we?

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
Goodness victorious.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Giving Vasilevsky the Conn Smythe does not do justice to just how lovely the Habs played, imho.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Like, after how insane the Islanders crowds sounded in the last round, and even a reduced capacity in Montreal at times, the Tampa crowd is pretty poo poo right now. They’ll probably cheer Bettman.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Pleads posted:

Giving Vasilevsky the Conn Smythe does not do justice to just how lovely the Habs played, imho.
id go with kucherov

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

yes******

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?

fartknocker posted:

Like, after how insane the Islanders crowds sounded in the last round, and even a reduced capacity in Montreal at times, the Tampa crowd is pretty poo poo right now. They’ll probably cheer Bettman.

Lmao bro doing crowd work

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Pleads posted:

Joint Conn Smythe to Connor McDavid and Auston Matthews for truly world class chokes to somehow put the Habs on the route to the finals and allow Tampa to moon walk to another cup

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Wonderllama posted:

Goodness victorious.

Wonderllama, would you say that you love Steve Yzerman and would like to thank him for this moment?

Good Soldier Svejk
Jul 5, 2010

Fucker stole my joke

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
at least they booed

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Pleads posted:

I was starting to feel bad for the announcers when they had to pretend lovely deflections were legitimate opportunities on Vasilevsky.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Et le booooo

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

It is now time for my favorite post-Cup win tradition (clears throat):

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

goldrush posted:

at least they booed

There's enough habs fans in the building to get picked up on the mics

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

goldrush posted:

at least they booed

Barely :mediocre:

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

ThinkTank posted:

Every moment of Montreal mediocrity is redeemed by the knowledge that management is looking at this and thinking they're one piece away. This offseason is going to set the team back a decade at least.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.
God I hate Gary

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Boooooooooooooooo

fancy stats
Sep 9, 2009

Hand Knit posted:

Every moment of Montreal mediocrity is redeemed by the knowledge that management is looking at this and thinking they're one piece away. This offseason is going to set the team back a decade at least.

lol if you thought they would ever think otherwise

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Are they gonna do pyro again this year?

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

The Tampa fans cheered way too much for Bettman.

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

fartknocker posted:

Are they gonna do pyro again this year?

Nah, there's fans in the way now

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

How many broken ribs does Kucherov have? Two?

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

eXXon posted:

How many broken ribs does Kucherov have? Two?

he certainly had two removed i tell you what

e: its why he was out so long after surgery

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Hand Knit posted:

Jokes on you buddy they're being handed a Tatar signing on a silver platter so they can waste the other 5 mil on like Alec Martinez or something

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

OK, how many live "gently caress yeahs" do we get on live TV this year? I'm guessing three?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MononcQc
May 29, 2007

There hasn't been a cup lift as good as Ovi's in forever and it won't be this year.