Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

KitConstantine posted:

Anything with flipacoin? Flipacoin.now

theres flipastamp.com for those bitch rear end pussy philatelists

but for real theres pullacoin.com

AND...blowacoin.com!!!! anyone wanna fellate a bit pf physical currency? Maybe that's how the epsilon variant can get its wings. Some dumb gently caress sucking off a spanish flu era morgan dollar

who else is drinking and shitposting about apps?

EDIT: Yes this is a good post for a new page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"
Flipacoin actually hits for me.

Dumb name dump from my flight today:

FaceDime
Baycoin
Coindr
Unicoin
Upcoin
Whatisthiscoin.ai
Current-See

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

"You don't understand his pain. Everywhere he goes he sees women working, wearing pants, speaking in gatherings, voting. Surely they will burn in the white hot flames of Hell"

CarForumPoster posted:

who else is drinking and shitposting about apps?

Yes

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Xguard86 posted:

Flipacoin actually hits for me.

Dumb name dump from my flight today:

FaceDime
Baycoin

well good news gently caress boy because facedimebaycoin.com IS AVAILABLE

coindr is taken but coendr.com is ALSO AVAILABLE

unicoin.com, sadly taken by probably some jerk but!!! unicoinusa.com....IS ALSO TAKEN? WHAT THE gently caress

whatisthiscoin.com is somehow actually available. The only one you put a not .com TLD suggestion on and I can buy the .com on that one.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
I got version 0.0.0.0.0.0.1 (alpha) working.

Its an actual icon on the home screen of my iphone that can take two pictures and spit out some results.

Though...
...My crappy iPhone 7 camera can't focus well enough and close enough to get a good picture of this small object.
...I'm still having annoying issues deploying the models due to the size of the app with PyTorch and related items. I have a temporary solution for now.
...There are some random errors happening.
...I'm using Zapier for fetching the results leaving me with three different places to look for failures
...I havent added estimating the values yet

All that said, it is quite fast at taking photos. The core use case of take a photo, send it for processing, come back later and list on eBay seems to be very promising.

Here it is with some real world testing:

And being hilariously wrong (except maybe for grade)

CarForumPoster fucked around with this message at 21:30 on Jul 23, 2021

Dominoes
Sep 20, 2007

Love it. Thoughts on launching it while in a rough state, with a few forum posts in the right places? Get feedback etc.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Dominoes posted:

Love it. Thoughts on launching it while in a rough state, with a few forum posts in the right places? Get feedback etc.

I am definitely in the "launch as soon as it provides one valuable use to 2 people" camp. You never know what the market really wants.

This isn't quite useful yet as currently all coins photo'd get added for just me, no other users have been added.

Also ~50% of the time something breaks and it doesn't work.

I'm mostly just happy I got SOMETHING working and I am actually on schedule.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
Work got busy and consumed the free time I was using for this project but I havent abandoned it.

Progress since last 2 weeks:
- I found a probably better way to do the date recognition. This OCR library also uses pytorch: https://github.com/JaidedAI/EasyOCR and giving it a little test had better results than I've had.
- I though of a better way to do the value estimates.
- Made some minor UI improvements.

eBay has announced they're depricating their legacy listing API which is what I had integrated so I get to rewrite how I do the actual coin listings

Xguard86
Nov 22, 2004

They heard you were coming and had to get the house in order.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
I should have some time this week to work on the coin app!

The value estimate part now works, was using placeholders and dummy data before. These are real values:

Also the user can now change the inputs and the value estimates will update:
Edit menu:

Auto updated value estimate:

Also the API was so unreliable as to be unusable but thats fixed for now with the band aid of "pay more money, get better server".

EDIT: And more good news. My very-rough-prototype legacy eBay listing API code is still working. I guess whatever eBay deprecated it wasn't the listing API. I need to figure out the auth workflow and how I want to store credentials securely, but it looks like I should be able to get the version that works for me up and running soon.

CarForumPoster fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Aug 16, 2021