Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

1glitch0 posted:

in full insane meltdown mode as of Friday might before he was called to DR.

Hail Satan. This week sounds awesome

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Yeah, the seemingly dominant majority alliance was completely blown up. Will the tatters coalesce back together or will something new form? Frenchie is also going to be playing out his martyr complex. He’s promised to use the veto on Britni if he wins. Kind of want to see that happen for either way that ends up playing out.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
Disaster weeks are the best weeks

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Derek X won veto again.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Teek posted:

Derek X won veto again.

drat, was hoping Frenchie would win and go back on his word to Britni.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
Remember, be the good.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Should be it for Whitney or Brent this week. Big play will be to get Whitney not to play the wild card comp.

SweetJahasus posted:

Remember, be the good.

Chenbot.exe has crashed.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Feeds back early after Live episode this week thankfully.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Was that psycho from the season before last a vet too? Cody?

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Cody from BB 19? Yeah, with a questionable backstory about what he did after coming back to the US.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop
I'm struggling to get into this season but I'm determined to try.

Who are you all rooting for? I want to do a couple contestant deep dives.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

In the biggest surprise ever apparently these days Cody is real big on COVID being a scam and the 2020 election being stolen.

I really gotta watch the premiere...

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Savahontas posted:

I'm struggling to get into this season but I'm determined to try.

Who are you all rooting for? I want to do a couple contestant deep dives.

This is the best season (so far) we've had in YEARS so definitely dig in and watch some feeds it since feed recaps on YouTube because it's been really good so far and actual likeable people are coalescing and winning.

Tiffany, Kyland, Claire, Xavier are all great imo and have been my rooting squad from the start and are all playing very well. Derek X started off poorly but has picked up his game a lot under Tiffany's tutelage and it's doing well now.

STAC after the suffering you've endured covering the bad seasons do yourself a solid and look into the actual good one we are having.

SweetJahasus fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Jul 23, 2021

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Same, this season has had a fairly stacked cast. And those of questionable gaming are basically already on the chopping block for the next month.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

In the biggest surprise ever apparently these days Cody is real big on COVID being a scam and the 2020 election being stolen.

I really gotta watch the premiere...

Don’t do it! My interest level depends on you and if you don’t watch it I get 3 hours a week back

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That's basically holding me back. Right now I'm pretty content and I know if I dive in then I'll become the crazy obsessed guy again and lose all other time. And I got a lot of distractions and stuff so I can just bail. But I think I'm gonna try to watch the episodes and just follow feeds casually on Twitter.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Appears that Tiffany won the Wild Card, but I'm not seeing anything yet about what the wrinkle with it was.

Also big ups to Tiffany, who continues to impress. She's a gamebot, but she's funny, personable and juggling a lot of balls in the air. She's playing like hell but doing so in a very calculated manner. This season has a lot of canny players though, so they're picking up on how dangerous she is.

Teek fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Jul 23, 2021

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I'm sure he's a really nice guy, but man Frenchie was a bad player. His "I accomplished what I wanted and my work here is done" exit interview was fittingly bizarre.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
I definitely feel like this season is a slow burn, which is jarring because the last like eight seasons have been all sizzle/no steak. It’s been hard to get into this cast because they’re smart enough to not go crazy (except Frenchie) and crazy is usually what piques interest early in the season. The good news is there seems to be two equal sides of the house at the moment, so we hopefully won’t see a steamroll.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

And it’s not even sides really, it’s a group playing the game and people who are kind of floundering and not being brought in because they continue to be/act clueless. The people most dialed in are Kyland, Claire, Tiffany and Derek X. Adjacent to that are the black houseguests in the Cook Out. But even Kyland and Tiffany aren’t clueing them into everything, and Derek F and Azah are not on the same page for a real alliance to benefit, and they aren’t big on Hannah or don’t even really treat as in the alliance, even though Hannah is much closer to Tiff and Ky than they are. There’s already been talk of Azah and Derek F potentially not being good jury members because of their emotional reactions and bizarre reads, even though they would probably benefit Ky and Tiff to keep them in.

I think Taran had a good take on his morning update today, while these early weeks are a bit obvious/plain for the target and eviction, there’s a ton of active ground work still being put in each week for the future by the people who will probably be around awhile. So like most of the work is future stuff while the present needs kind of just plays out. Having obvious boots can be boring, but it helps when the people running things are decent human beings and eliminating those who aren’t able to handle the scheming. I think it would be interesting to see a Britni/Azah/Derek win next week, if only to have them finally impact the game as a lead “character”.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Christian won veto.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
This has been a pretty good season so far mostly as it doesn’t have any fame whores.

Also be careful on clicking on things on BB Twitter unless you want to see the horror of what the Nolan twins are up too.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
You're right I love Tiffany.

I think if she's able to gracefully knife her way out of the cook out she's on Vanessa Rousso level.

If she wins she's probably the best female player since Danielle Reyes.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Am I understanding this right that Brent is engineering his own blindside?

Apparently he instructed a group of 8 or so players to plan to vote him out and lie about it as a test for Alyssa.

Alyssa was warned by Kyland so she "passed" the test. She warned Brent about the plot to vote him out which Brent thinks is fake and his idea. Which it very much is real and the whole houses idea.

He's apparently being very smug on the feeds about this masterstroke.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think that happens more often in modern BB than we think. Like off the top of my head Ovi was 100% convinced that he was secretly staying against the HOH's interests. He wasn't being smug about it or anything, he was just deeply grateful to all the Jackson and Jacks who were promising him their votes. which of course then led to Jack calling a house meeting minutes after Ovi's eviction to create a house rule that no one was allowed to talk game with him. And that's why Ovi was nice and how Jackson and Jack killed my love of Big Brother.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Come now. Cody Califore killed your love of big brother.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think I only came back last season because it was All Stars.

No, I came back for Kaysar and Janelle.

But yeah, sometimes I remember Cody won Big Brother and get sad.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Yeah. Fair.

Something I like about this season is that there are so many good players that I feel like I'll be able to respect who ever wins. The only real creep is Brent and he's toast.

I like that Derek x seems to have learned how to play the game on the fly and saved himself from week 1 targeting. I feel like that's unusual - after Brent (and maybe Whitney?) I think the targets become much murkier..

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, it sounds like they've at the very last managed to cut out the toxicity this season and put together a more diverse group where people are enjoying the game instead of just praying for a miracle. I just can't personally motivate myself to watch that first episode and I feel like its just too late for me. But I'm glad its not for others.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

For sure, this is easily the best cast they've had in years.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

I think I only came back last season because it was All Stars.

No, I came back for Kaysar and Janelle.

But yeah, sometimes I remember Cody won Big Brother and get sad.
Oh wow, I forgot that I never made it to the end of last season.

This is first I've discovered that Cody won last year.

I assumed Nicole won again and never sought to find out otherwise.

Holy Christ what a shitshow, I'm glad I parachuted out when I did.

Since we were still knuckle deep in The Vid I guess his Dad wasn't there to give him a full mouth congratulatory kiss?

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Jul 28, 2021

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

US BB has had a lot of horrible people on for years and BBCAD puts it to shame. I’m enjoying this season, though.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009

Professor Shark posted:

US BB has had a lot of horrible people on for years and BBCAD puts it to shame. I’m enjoying this season, though.

I only watch the tv broadcast (and usually, like a week behind), but this year feels like the US casting crew stole a template from the last BBCAN season. And I mean that in the best possible way.

Its very refreshing to see the most toxic/arrogant/privileged people being the ones marginalized, rather than being on top, for once. The clips they showed of Brent really make it seem like production has completely turned on him.

Not sure what to make of Britney. Didn't seem like she was too bad at first, but her response to being nominated last week has turned into a bit of a meltdown.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

The existing casting leader "stepped aside" and is no longer with the show as of this season. The gentleman who helped cast the streaming season Big Brother Over the Top is now leading the casting crew. So far I think it's been a big success.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, they had a major change at the top but I also thing the show clearly knew they had a problem. They devoted that entire BB21 finale to dressing down the assholes and making GBS threads all over Jackson's win, and then they hoped All Stars would rebound things and instead they had all the fan favorites get turned on each other early and ugly and picked off one by one first. So something had to change.

To their credit it sounds like they did a good job.

Ace Jameson
Feb 10, 2006
Brent got an absolutely savage edit on Sunday. I know the dude is full of himself but it was just a parade of derision for what felt like 10-15 minutes.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

Teek posted:

The existing casting leader "stepped aside" and is no longer with the show as of this season. The gentleman who helped cast the streaming season Big Brother Over the Top is now leading the casting crew. So far I think it's been a big success.

OTT, despite all of its flaws was a great season too.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

ew

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Holy poo poo this Brent edit is maybe one of the most savage I've seen from BB in years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I watched this episode - my first since the premier.

Is Brent really this stupid?