Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

goddamn that was a good blindside. I love live television

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Holy poo poo what an eviction lol

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Chevy tuned up like a Nascar pitstop
Wowowowow. I am an X fan now. That was classic big brother.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Pillowpants posted:

I’m surprised X was able to contain himself, Christ

SweetJahasus posted:

That's the difference between an adult and a child.

X did a good job keeping it together while Kyland was trying to bait him imo. I couldn't believe how ugly that exit was.

Bucswabe
May 2, 2009
I'm about a week behind in watching this season, and I just saw the episode where Tiffany got voted out. I got a bit of a sinking feeling that maybe the whole Cookout alliance was a plotline manipulated by production.

I really want to believe that this was the most successful alliance in BB history. Can any of the feed watchers vouch for the legitimacy of the Cookout forming organically?

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Bucswabe posted:

I'm about a week behind in watching this season, and I just saw the episode where Tiffany got voted out. I got a bit of a sinking feeling that maybe the whole Cookout alliance was a plotline manipulated by production.

I really want to believe that this was the most successful alliance in BB history. Can any of the feed watchers vouch for the legitimacy of the Cookout forming organically?

It formed organically in the sense that they all decided to do it together, but it wasn't really organic in the sense that it was just a bunch of people who wanted to play and work together. They were black and that was that. No way Azah and Derek would have been safe that long in a normal alliance.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
Definitely not production. Tiffany chose this.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Savahontas posted:

Definitely not production. Tiffany chose this.

Loved Dereck tonight saying why/how he got the cookout together.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF
I think Ky may have screwed himself for being in an All Stars. Production almost completely glossed over his exit even though it was the most dramatic thing to happen all season.

Also lol at the their self-recap of how they got there with X having like a 25 point plan while Azah had "joined the Cookout" (was black) and "didn't get anyone angry" (didn't do anything all summer) and Big D was apparently day dreaming on the couch all summer about the game he wish he was playing.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Azah having the potential to steal the game from X is hilarious and I am here for it

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Azah and Derek final 2 would be great for the lols.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

If I were derek I'd be thrilled at the idea of getting 75 grand despite never winning a comp. Manages to slide rear end backward onto a pretty sick payday.

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Derek F has been such a condescending, antagonistic poo poo to Azah over the last week that she's now decided to take Xavier to final two if she wins. It would be a terrible move for her, but it would be nice to see Derek F screw himself out of 75k because he can't just be polite for one week.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
What is he doing

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD

pospysyl posted:

Derek F has been such a condescending, antagonistic poo poo to Azah over the last week that she's now decided to take Xavier to final two if she wins. It would be a terrible move for her, but it would be nice to see Derek F screw himself out of 75k because he can't just be polite for one second.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Right but are there examples? Has she straight up told him that?

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

https://bigbrothernetwork.com/big-brother-23-live-feeds-feud-between-derek-and-azah-escalates/

https://bigbrothernetwork.com/big-brother-23-live-feeds-highlights-2021-09-27/

pospysyl
Nov 10, 2012

Pillowpants posted:

Right but are there examples? Has she straight up told him that?

Azah told him yesterday and he predictably had a meltdown over it. Azah brought up that he refused to even consider bringing her to final 2 when asked and that he constantly complains that he carried her despite never winning anything. The edit on Thursday's episode was pretty good at laying this out.

They had another talk today that went better. Derek F brought up the correct point that whoever he's next to will win, but Azah didn't commit to reversing her decision. Azah's reasoning is very weird. She doesn't believe that Xavier "deserves to come in third", so she'd rather he win than her. Even Xavier was surprised that she didn't ask for a final two deal from him.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

X has convinced the house he should win. Even knows it and talked about it. Hell, even when Tiffany was in the house she was saying she'd vote for him.

The only people not voting for X are Ky and maybe SB.

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
I have never seen a cast with that kind of chemistry on finale! What an incredible casting job they did on 23.

As usual the AFP reveal was a highlight.

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

It was great to see Tiff win AFP after Ky said she wouldn't be a good representative of black people to be a winner.

Also lmao that the entire cast buried Big Derek. His answers were so delusional people kept laughing.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
He kept trying to give answers about why he should stay while talking about Xavier brought him to the end lol

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

Towards the end I wasn't sure if he was just out of his mind or if he was just doing a bit. Like the whole "...as I sent each of you out" to the jury. lol

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,
That was such a genuinely joyful finale too! Very unlike the last seasons.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Happy to see Tiff got her due.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm a little sad I skipped it since it sounds like it was a great season. Maybe I'll revisit the episodes some time just so I can put names to faces and get a general idea of it. I dunno. I feel sad I missed a good season after so many bad, but I still feel burnt out on the show. But I'm glad people's patience with the show was rewarded and that it took a necessary step forward.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

I'm a little sad I skipped it since it sounds like it was a great season. Maybe I'll revisit the episodes some time just so I can put names to faces and get a general idea of it. I dunno. I feel sad I missed a good season after so many bad, but I still feel burnt out on the show. But I'm glad people's patience with the show was rewarded and that it took a necessary step forward.

Part of my enjoyment of this season was a limited view of the houseguests - without your roundups I only had a general idea of what was going on.

I’m pretty sure I would have been unhappy with this season if I had you writing about Derek and Kyland regularly just based on the Kyland eviction episode and like…Derek

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That makes sense and I'm sorry for the negative impact that had in the past. I think that's probably a lot of my burnout. I enjoyed the hyper obsession on the game stuff and the way every day random interactions affect it, but the world's such a shithole these days that I just can't get up to hyper focus on a dozen people losing their minds and being assholes to each other. And I'm sorry I put that obsession on all of ya'll for years. There's definitely a healthier way to watch.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

That makes sense and I'm sorry for the negative impact that had in the past. I think that's probably a lot of my burnout. I enjoyed the hyper obsession on the game stuff and the way every day random interactions affect it, but the world's such a shithole these days that I just can't get up to hyper focus on a dozen people losing their minds and being assholes to each other. And I'm sorry I put that obsession on all of ya'll for years. There's definitely a healthier way to watch.

Don’t be sorry. I’d rather know who the people actually are than get a glorified TV view of them. I’m sorta sad that you didn’t watch the season because I wanted an excuse to ignore it, heh.

Stirdog
Oct 11, 2012

Apologies are absolutely unneeded. The world is a different place in recent times for sure. Your write ups brought a lot of joy and entertainment and lowered the barrier to entry for understanding the real game to let newbies like myself understand. Endless thanks and appreciation for what you shared in the past.

I found the season to be entertaining and the casting to be a huge improvement. I hope they find a good balance next year as well.

Watching everyone laugh at DF was a highlight for sure.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.

Savahontas posted:

That was such a genuinely joyful finale too! Very unlike the last seasons.

It really was, despite how anticlimactic Xavier's weeks long coronation was. It made BB22's look like a funeral in comparison. Tiffany winning AFP was genuinely surprising and rewarding too.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Derek’s post show interviews are the worst

Savahontas
Jun 13, 2005

I say..
Yea buddy!
Rolling like a big shot,

Pillowpants posted:

Part of my enjoyment of this season was a limited view of the houseguests - without your roundups I only had a general idea of what was going on.

I’m pretty sure I would have been unhappy with this season if I had you writing about Derek and Kyland regularly just based on the Kyland eviction episode and like…Derek

Nah I tried to fill the void with every single day listening to RHAP and I still loving loved this season.

Come back for 24, STAC! ESPECIALLY if there's any returnees.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
Apparently Derek X and Claire announced they were dating on instagram yesterday?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Pillowpants posted:

Apparently Derek X and Claire announced they were dating on instagram yesterday?

They definitely seemed to have a strong connection on the show - and definitely one a lot more likely to bloom into something more after the show than Derek X and Hannah, which felt very forced from the producers.

Maybe we will get them on The Amazing Race sometime.