Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

DLC Inc posted:

Harvey Smith

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

lol

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

no more delays, see y'all in sept

https://twitter.com/deathloop/status/1423297769524056064

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

MonsterEnvy posted:

You have to kill Juliana to win.

And the rest. It's going to happen and it's going to be beautiful.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Despite finishing Prey like 3 times, I never actually played Mooncrash for some reason. Well, I fixed that and just finished Mooncrash in preparation for this game. And man, I really hope Deathloop will be mechanically similar to Mooncrash, because Mooncrash was loving incredible. Bring it on. :getin:

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Lt. Lizard posted:

Despite finishing Prey like 3 times, I never actually played Mooncrash for some reason. Well, I fixed that and just finished Mooncrash in preparation for this game. And man, I really hope Deathloop will be mechanically similar to Mooncrash, because Mooncrash was loving incredible. Bring it on. :getin:

Man, I had the opposite experience. I loved Prey because I loved taking my time creeping through the station. The timer just ran opposite to the way I liked to play. Maybe I should give it another shot before Deathloop comes out.

Does Deathloop have a similar timer system? I probably won't mind one since it's a different kind of game.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
As far as I know the only timer-ish mechanism in Deathloop is that if you dawdle you may not be able to kill the targets you need to complete the game before the loop resets.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
The way Deathloop is structured is that the island has four zones, and you have four different times of day during a loop. So basically, each level has four variations, and different events will happen in each area at different times.

But there is no real time element, you decide when you're done, move on to the next time period and next (or same?) area.

Coming from Dishonored, I imagine it's going to be a bit like playing four out of sixteen possible missions, that are all built within the same four maps, with a lot of choice and consequence that snowball out from the order you choose to play them in.

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

Eason the Fifth posted:

Man, I had the opposite experience. I loved Prey because I loved taking my time creeping through the station. The timer just ran opposite to the way I liked to play. Maybe I should give it another shot before Deathloop comes out.

I know this is all down to preference; but I was the same as you with Prey, carefully oozing through the station, finding everything, looking at everything, taking it all in. Mooncrash really harshed my vibe the first couple times, but at some point I decided to try and engage with the DLC on its own terms - don't creep, don't hoard, just move fast and be efficient, and I loved it. I know it's a hard habit to break in an immersive sim, but if you haven't tried throwing caution to the wind and going fast and haphazard, I recommend giving it a try. I wasn't expecting the alternate way to play to be so much fun, and maybe it won't be for you, but I enjoyed it so much that I would be remiss to not recommend it.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013

Eason the Fifth posted:

There is an item that allows you to delay the timer and later, you will find a fabrication plan that allows you to craft it. This pretty much eliminates the timer as a factor, allowing you to take your time and creep around Prey-style with no issue, as long as you keep one eye on the metre. :ssh:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

just a couple weeks now until we find out what all the mystery is about. i wonder what game i should finish in the meantime

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Have been trying to find out if this is due on the PC Game Pass but no-one seems to know.

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

yeah the lack of news on this makes it seem like another delay is coming

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

tokenbrownguy posted:

yeah the lack of news on this makes it seem like another delay is coming

the game already went gold two weeks ago, impressions are all over the web if you feel like knowing more, but lots of people are saying go in blind

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005
Nah, It's already gone gold. Embargo just dropped yesterday and there's tons of previews out now. PC Gamer: https://www.pcgamer.com/deathloop-is-the-first-arkane-game-to-actually-click-with-me/

Sounds like the action oriented approach is viable, which is nice. I enjoy stealth games but sometimes I just want to shoot some stuff.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BsCivo9oR4U

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
What are the odds that makes it worth getting on PS5? I haven't found much that uses the controller features other than slight resistance during the energy puzzles in spiderman that made me think something was wrong with my controller.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Aquasnake posted:

What are the odds that makes it worth getting on PS5? I haven't found much that uses the controller features other than slight resistance during the energy puzzles in spiderman that made me think something was wrong with my controller.

Twelve

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Aquasnake posted:

Try the Astro Bot pack-in game

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Edit: This isn't the Stellaris thread.

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Carecat posted:

Have been trying to find out if this is due on the PC Game Pass but no-one seems to know.

iirc it's not immediately going to be on pc game pass due to the sony exclusivity deal, but will surely come to it eventually

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

okay, getting kinda hype now. sony 'E3' in 4 days and new game in 9 days let's do this

BeanpolePeckerwood fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Sep 6, 2021

bovis
Jan 30, 2007

I am very excited for this game :D

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

Super hyped. I wonder how the PVP invasion gameplay type will work? Will potential invaders be on a timer so as to reduce the real mena players from just farming newbies? How will they balance player experience? Will there be greater rewards for taking down Colts / Juliannas that are players over bots? Are you going to want to just... turn off the PvP when you go for your actual game-winning runs or will there be even greater cheevos for beating the game in live mode?

tokenbrownguy fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Sep 8, 2021

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.
Hope it doesn't run like dog poo poo on PC...looking at you Dishonored 2.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

This game comes out in five days.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Basic Chunnel posted:

This game comes out in five days.

:stoked:

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

i'm excited

tokenbrownguy
Apr 1, 2010

god i hope my new GPU gets here in time

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I hope everyone who plays the assassin remembers to wait until the other player is on the cusp of victory for their kill, so you can watch the hope die in their eyes.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
My opinion about the whole assassin system oscillates between "it will be absolutely rad, I can't wait to play as an assassin, loving around in other people games will last me long after I beat the campaign" and "ugh, it will be a total disaster, I guess I'll try it once and then turn it off forever" basically every time I think about it. :v:

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Yeah. It could really go either way. I still don’t fully understand how it works, so I guess it will be a find out on the day thing.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

One of the Total Wars has the option to let other players take control of opposing armies in the single player game but everyone just turned it off. I hope this isn’t the same.

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020
I'm definitely getting those "this is going to be incredibly great or incredibly terrible" vibes from that. I'm glad it's an option you can turn off and make AI. I bet that running into her will be like running into Daud in Dishonored 1, that same realization that he's a person you can't just instantly clown on.

Nea
Feb 28, 2014

Funny Little Guy Aficionado.
Was really looking forward to this, but holy poo poo even the minimum specs they dropped are way over my computer, let alone the reccomended. going to have to wait a month or two until i can afford to upgrade... most... of the parts of my computer. Still, can't wait to give it a look, previews seem good.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

Lt. Lizard posted:

My opinion about the whole assassin system oscillates between "it will be absolutely rad, I can't wait to play as an assassin, loving around in other people games will last me long after I beat the campaign" and "ugh, it will be a total disaster, I guess I'll try it once and then turn it off forever" basically every time I think about it. :v:

Part of what gives me hope that it will be cool and seamless is that it's only on PS5 SSDs so there won't be any issues waiting for PS4 players to load assets etc when merging sessions.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
Really hoping this will run on my 7700k - my 1080ti should handle it, but this is the first game where I'm legit worried a delidded 7700k might not be enough.

Welp, I'll probably buy and if it doesn't run look into upgrading.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Apparently it's hitting stores early (if you're in a place where they're open). I'm waiting for reviews in case one of the platforms is significantly better.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Likely getting this on PS5 as Dishonored 2 really ran like rear end on my high-end PC at launch. I can’t imagine the PS5 version having performance issues given how it’s a console exclusive and been massively pushed by Sony.

I still don’t quite understand how the game “works”, but every Arkane game has been gang-busters so if I had to buy it blind I can’t imagine it will be bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Game is now available for pre-loading :woop: