Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

btw you can get into frank's without the pass :ssh: the doors are hackable, there's also a duct in a cliffside that leads in iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

city lights

so far away

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
There’s also a quest where you wear the class pass into Charlie’s lab in Updaam and it gives you a code for deactivating the security system

Loving Deathloop, had a really nice session, lost my great Noon progress to a hard crash, had to force quit.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Wafflecopper posted:

btw you can get into frank's without the pass :ssh: the doors are hackable, there's also a duct in a cliffside that leads in iirc

this and a few other things in this game almost make me wonder if they had originally planned for you to get the hacking gadget later in the game instead of starting with it. couple areas just get real immediately trivialized with it

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Got credits loved it. Took me 13 hours, which is the perfect length for me. I never finished Aleksis' quest that seemed really hard. Which means I had to guess pretty much the route, I believe if you finish all quests you get a master quest (?) that shows you what order to do things?

Final loop question:

Is there a smoother way to finish the last 3 than just blasting everyone in sight in the party until you eventually find all three?

edit: final thoughts

PC no crashes, ran on lowest settings and it ran fine and looked good.

Power curve: Felt like I was constantly dying and losing residium so felt 'under' leveled, then I caught up, again the third time when the mooks level up I was starting to struggle but then I got extra health, damage resistance and upgraded Nexus and it became a lot easier. Then obviously, last loop you're blasting all of them and farming massive amounts of gear and stuff so it becomes trivial.

It's my game of the year but I haven't played many games this year. :)

algebra testes fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Sep 18, 2021

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I get a lot of julianna matches where I just wander around a map aimlessly as solid snake slowly or quickly does ??? for ten minutes and if you're lucky you'll just happen to catch a glimpse of their crab rear end. The worst is when you load into a world where all enemies have been cleared, so you basically have no cue of where to start looking if they're not antagonizing something broadcast or loud.

Matchmaking feels pretty slo, what triggers invasion-ability? Do lots of people just turn it off, I have mine on but haven't gotten a julia invasion npc or real since the introduction to it.

When you actually get into a match where there are guards to help lead you to an area and you get into a brief firefight, and then the struggle with extra lives if they have me, is fun. I wish you had more pings or tools as the hunter though, especially on dead maps.

I've also experienced a few times where I'll get someone twice... then when I'm poknig around for where they rewound last, they match disconnects. I guess they're turning off internet or toggling offline setting so they dont risk lose the progress?

30.5 Days
Nov 19, 2006

algebra testes posted:

Is there a smoother way to finish the last 3 than just blasting everyone in sight in the party until you eventually find all three?

Yeah you can definitely play it like a level of hitman. Aleksis has a very hitmanish "accident" way of killing him. Egon and Wenjie are on a relatively isolated stretch of roof with just a few other people around and have an interaction that gives you some fun options for quiet kills. You do have to do the party a time or two to case the place.

EDIT: I tried to nexus them and put some trip mines below the skylight but I timed it wrong so only egon died, I still don't know if that would work, anyone tried it?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

beat it, 16 hours for all the visionary quests + a few of the arsenal quests + a few other bonuses, though a lot of things stayed mysterious like the safe code under the mansion and how to get to the guy behind the glass. also never figured out the delivery box code, though i later looked it up and lmao why is it the only time in the game that you do not save a pin code to your notes?? i went into the room with the code too and just didnt see it ughhh

might go back in for a few bonuses but i think i'll just wait on lore explainers. i'm confused as gently caress about a lot of things!

i also hope someone clips a lot of the conversations for youtube. there's a lot that i missed, like (endgame) wenjie and egon on the roof, because i couldnt get close enough for the subtitles to kick in :(

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I'm like 27 hours in and I haven't visited every map during every time of day yet or killed Frank, Egor or Fia even once. Sure that some of it was invasions as Julianna but maybe 4 hours max. This game will take me forever.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Lol, second time now as Juliana that I've got my third kill on Colt, watched him turn into a rainbow ghost and got the 'See you tomorrow, captain :smuggo:' line to play, and then immediately fallen over dead and the game tells me 'no actually he killed u hahaha'.

Wonder if the Colt players get a victory screen or if we both lose.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

abraham linksys posted:

beat it, 16 hours for all the visionary quests + a few of the arsenal quests + a few other bonuses, though a lot of things stayed mysterious like the safe code under the mansion and how to get to the guy behind the glass. also never figured out the delivery box code, though i later looked it up and lmao why is it the only time in the game that you do not save a pin code to your notes?? i went into the room with the code too and just didnt see it ughhh

might go back in for a few bonuses but i think i'll just wait on lore explainers. i'm confused as gently caress about a lot of things!

i also hope someone clips a lot of the conversations for youtube. there's a lot that i missed, like (endgame) wenjie and egon on the roof, because i couldnt get close enough for the subtitles to kick in :(

How to get to the guy behind the glass: use the delivery box code in a prior area to order a crankwheel for Fristad Rock and then bring it to the execution chamber. There's a spot to plug it in BEFORE you go inside the gas chamber. Plug it, crank it, and then walk in.

Also re: the delivery boxes there's actually two ways to get the code. Either off the whiteboard (which requires you to personally memorize it) or from the spy archive in Fristad that you can only access once you figure out the numbers station puzzle.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Got a 0.1% achievement: Die, Die, and Die Again. Woulda thought an achievement you get just for dying would've been a little more common haha, especially since you can get it if you're just trying to quickly exit.

Apraxin posted:

Lol, second time now as Juliana that I've got my third kill on Colt, watched him turn into a rainbow ghost and got the 'See you tomorrow, captain :smuggo:' line to play, and then immediately fallen over dead and the game tells me 'no actually he killed u hahaha'.

Was it one of the ones where just walking around you're constantly just warped backwards a few steps, and when you try to blink jump over a rooftop actually you're just flopping on the ground or falling to your death? I haven't had the fake-out kill yet, but those matches make me wanna just leave. Had a couple like that where I think I got the drop on some Colt who looks distracted or AFK but then when I go to attack it turns out they're either already behind me for the backstab or they use their lag advantage to flee.

Wish you could queue up as Juliana while you played as Colt... that or make a mini-game or shooting range to fiddle with while waiting for matchmaking to connect.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Gadzuko posted:

How to get to the guy behind the glass: use the delivery box code in a prior area to order a crankwheel for Fristad Rock and then bring it to the execution chamber. There's a spot to plug it in BEFORE you go inside the gas chamber. Plug it, crank it, and then walk in.

thanks, I'll do this and then probably call it a day with this game. did go grab the spy archives, which I did not find on my own at all, not even the one that you sneak into to get the number station puzzle - whoof, all those hints would have been handy.

my big unanswered lore questions:

1. Why do only Colt and Julianna remember, and why does Colt sometimes forget entirely and wake up with amnesia? IIRC Wenjie has a thing about "loop amnesia" where she's the only one who knows about it. 2-Bit also remembers, and my friend mentioned there's another lore bit you can find implying another character remembers?

2. What are Egor and Wenjie researching? What's up with Egor's "message from the anomaly" broadcast?

3. What's up with Julianna disappearing at the end if you break the loop?

4. What's up with the rocket and Colt's relationship to it? Was he supposed to be the test pilot? I'm super fuzzy on the Project Horizon details in general.

5. If Colt had a 17-year loop on the island, as the spies theorize... how's that work? I thought the time loop happened because of AEON harnessing the anomaly.

6. What the hell is the general backstory of the island pre-Horizon, how's it have buildings and poo poo? I think this is one of the questions the quizbot asked and I had no idea how to answer.

7. I guess what's with all the alternate Colts? I think Wenjie's research indicates alternate universe things just appear around the anomaly and maybe that's as much explanation as we'll get, but they were very odd.

8. Oh yeah who is leaving all the messages I can read around in my brain???

oh man theres probably like 20 more of these questions if i just keep typing, its kind of wild how much "sense" this game makes moment to moment while the backstory is so incredibly opaque

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Sep 18, 2021

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wafflecopper posted:

It does though

I'm just a dumbass then. Must have skipped the pop up or something.

I feel like this game's structure addresses a lot of the issues I have generally have with immersive sims. The genre often feels at odds with my "explore everything" tendencies. Most of the time I find myself just looking around at the routes I didn't take after killing everything, and going "oh neat, I guess I could have taken that vent or hacked the computer instead of going through the door that was right in front of me, but a the same time going through the door wasn't hard and it was right in front of me. So it's sort of like "who cares?" Prey handled this better than most games with a lot of interesting approaches and cool stuff to find. better than Dishonored and way better than Deus Ex imo.

But Deathloop really makes that style of level design work a lot better imo. There's little pressure to explore everything since you will be back, and when you do find some cool route you didn't take, it becomes something cool to use in the future instead of a missed opportunity. At the same time exploring at your own leisure feels fun because there are valuable upgrades and information that can be found by going off the beaten path, and it's all amplified by things changing depending on the time of day. It's a pretty brilliant approach to the immerisve sim even if certain elements can feel just slightly clunky or repetitive once in a while (that's rare though)

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Re: lore and memory, Charlie and Fia’s bunker breakup suggests Fia has some awareness that they are currently inside a loop, but she is both a space case whose speech is cryptic enough for the notion to be lost on people she talks to, and a psychopath who finds it all vaguely amusing.

There are also a number of random Eternalistas who suspect or are certain that the loop has already started and they just can’t remember it. There’s an overheard conversation at the Residuum lab where one mook vainly tries to convince another that they’re not in the First Day anymore.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Basic Chunnel posted:

Re: lore and memory, Charlie and Fia’s bunker breakup suggests Fia has some awareness that they are currently inside a loop, but she is both a space case whose speech is cryptic enough for the notion to be lost on people she talks to, and a psychopath who finds it all vaguely amusing.

There are also a number of random Eternalistas who suspect or are certain that the loop has already started and they just can’t remember it. There’s an overheard conversation at the Residuum lab where one mook vainly tries to convince another that they’re not in the First Day anymore.

Harriet invited Fia specifically because while she's clearly unstable she has incredible intuition. So I think that tracks.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Nearing the end and I’m curious whether they’ll expand on one of the tunnel chats in which Julianna essentially posits the benefits of the loop in a way that strongly resembles the ultimate conceit of Fallout New Vegas’s Old World Blues DLC, with Julianna as the Mobius figure keeping all the other psychotics captive.

Also will say that they got me with the fileal reveal, jerked the implications of the story in whole new directions.

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

deep dish peat moss posted:

It also gives you a big warning popup if you try to leave the zone with the class pass still injected like I did because I didn't even know you could remove it :kiddo: But that doesn't help if you die while inside, of course.

That's because there's something else you can do with it. namely there's a class pass door in Charlie's area at noon time.

I feel like I've kind of hit my stride with the game now. I've got like 4 slabs and a bunch of infused poo poo now including a number of purple upgrades. I feel like I'm pretty sure things are coming together with how to do the 8/8 run, there's just some things I need to figure out like the combo to get to Charlie and Fia.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
The 0.1% achievement thing is a bug with the steam client. If you click through your achievements to compare your own achievements to the global achievements, you'll see the actual numbers. It happens with several games near release and seems to shake off after a week or so.

Re: avoiding class pass: There's also a way into the building near the bar section outside - you have to briefly go into the water and up the sewer and you'll find yourself in the building's toilets. I wouldn't be surprised if there's several other ways in.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

abraham linksys posted:

thanks, I'll do this and then probably call it a day with this game. did go grab the spy archives, which I did not find on my own at all, not even the one that you sneak into to get the number station puzzle - whoof, all those hints would have been handy.

my big unanswered lore questions:

1. Why do only Colt and Julianna remember, and why does Colt sometimes forget entirely and wake up with amnesia? IIRC Wenjie has a thing about "loop amnesia" where she's the only one who knows about it. 2-Bit also remembers, and my friend mentioned there's another lore bit you can find implying another character remembers?

2. What are Egor and Wenjie researching? What's up with Egor's "message from the anomaly" broadcast?

3. What's up with Julianna disappearing at the end if you break the loop?

4. What's up with the rocket and Colt's relationship to it? Was he supposed to be the test pilot? I'm super fuzzy on the Project Horizon details in general.

5. If Colt had a 17-year loop on the island, as the spies theorize... how's that work? I thought the time loop happened because of AEON harnessing the anomaly.

6. What the hell is the general backstory of the island pre-Horizon, how's it have buildings and poo poo? I think this is one of the questions the quizbot asked and I had no idea how to answer.

7. I guess what's with all the alternate Colts? I think Wenjie's research indicates alternate universe things just appear around the anomaly and maybe that's as much explanation as we'll get, but they were very odd.

8. Oh yeah who is leaving all the messages I can read around in my brain???

oh man theres probably like 20 more of these questions if i just keep typing, its kind of wild how much "sense" this game makes moment to moment while the backstory is so incredibly opaque

Lore spoilers/discussion ahoy!

1. Never explained as far as I can tell. The other npc who remembers is a random eternalist in Karl's Bay, which is confusing as hell. She is the only npc you can actually converse with. Find an open window in the road up on the ridge in the western part of Karl's Bay to start her thing.

2. Never explained

3. I think she's using the Aether slab? So I guess those still work outside the anomaly? No idea really.

4 5 6. These are all linked: the anomaly is a naturally occurring phenomenon on the island. There was a fishing colony that was abandoned at some point in the early 1900s (I think). Horizon shows up after "the war" maybe some WW1 equivalent and does official research into the anomaly. They build the complex, bunkers and RAK. Colt is the test pilot for the rocket (Rakyetoplan) and blasts off into the anomaly, never to return. 17 years pass. He shows back up flying an old seaplane into a coastal village. Gets shoved into a mental asylum because he insists he was in a time loop for 17 years. Gets out thanks to Egor, goes to the island, starts a new loop with Aeon which leads to the events of the game.

7. Never explained. Visitors from other loops? Somehow? No idea how this works

8. Hallucinations from your memories of hundreds/thousands of years of experience in the loop. You forgot it, but it's like muscle memory. Still there in the subconscious.

shrike82
Jun 11, 2005

OT but thought the noclip video on how arkane designed prey was a good watch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXLxaKrcFZ0

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I got Havoc from a Julianna before actually fighting the Visionary who gives it, and I think the Julianna was using it because it took like 5-6 shotgun blasts from point-blank range to down her and I barely survived.

How useful is Aether? At least without any modifications, it seems to not last very long. Does it prevent sensors from detecting you? Hard to justify taking it when I only have two power slots (and I definitely want one to be Shift, and Nexus is actually more useful than I expected; it's useful to just throw it out when fighting a lot of guys).

Palpek posted:

I'm like 27 hours in and I haven't visited every map during every time of day yet or killed Frank, Egor or Fia even once. Sure that some of it was invasions as Julianna but maybe 4 hours max. This game will take me forever.

I just finished my first full post-tutorial day (so the first one where you can go wherever you want all day) and killed Egor, so it's interesting that the gameplay can differ than much.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 09:55 on Sep 18, 2021

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
You can use Aether to skip camera without triggering them but then you might as well hack them.
It has an upgrade that make it not use energy if you don't move so it open up some ambush options.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Upgraded Aether is OP during invasions for both sides.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

When you have the mission to trick Alexis into revealing himself, is that something you have to do to advance to more leads or is it an endgame thing? My first couple of attempts I drained the beer tanks which got him yelling but I didn't have line of sight or anything and got spotted soon after, before finding him, which changed the mission to "loop and return" which I thought meant I messed it up. On my latest attempt, after draining the tanks I managed to sneak around and assassinate a bunch of mooks without getting caught and eventually got Alexis himself although the mission was still on tricking him. The alarm triggered and I think I heard him yelling to find me despite being dead, I got the "loop and return" mission again and then the game hung and I had to close it with task manager. First crash I've had, at quite an annoying time. I've found the plane in the bunker and figured out how to get Egor to the party so I'm assuming you're meant to kill those two last (and get Frank to blow himself up) and escape on the plane so based on that I'm guessing the lead doesn't go any further but I wanted to check just in case.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

veni veni veni posted:

I'm just a dumbass then. Must have skipped the pop up or something.

You’re not a dumb rear end but the Class Pass machines literally tell you that they deactivate your slabs every single time you activate it, it’s little white text across the bottom of your screen, not a pop-up, and again when you try to leave the level without deactivating it, and also it frames your screen with the Nullified Field effect.

Palpek posted:

Same, I can’t imagine finishing this game in under 15 hours and feeing done, I feel like at 10-15 hours I’m just getting the hang of it. I feel extremely committed to not looking anything up, I want to unravel this game using only my mind.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Havoc Juliana showed up in the middle of my loop breaking run last night and we had a crazy battle on the roof of the party which ended when I ran out of ammo, kicked her over and crushed her head with my boot :black101:

By that point I'd blown my cover and had to kill almost everyone at the party but it all worked out in the end.

e: this was the first game in a long time to have me oopsing until 2am every night trying to do 1 more thing. probably since disco elysium

poverty goat fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Sep 18, 2021

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Wafflecopper posted:

When you have the mission to trick Alexis into revealing himself, is that something you have to do to advance to more leads or is it an endgame thing?
That is the final link in that line and it doesn't lead to any new clues but most likely you need to do it to get the final chain to show up in the log.You can probably run the final loop without doing it if you know all the pieces though.

It takes longer than it probably should. After you turn off the tap you can hang out in the taproom and he'll show up eventually, once he gets highlighted you'll get credit.

There is another trigger to reveal him that I prefer if you poke around the rest of the mansion

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Sep 18, 2021

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Alright done with the story, now to start a new game without mission markers and really sniff through the entirety of maps.

God I love the way Arkane pepper their games with stuff to discover, read and listen to.

Also, discovering how to reveal Alexis was just :allears:

Kor
Feb 15, 2012

Chard posted:

city lights

so far away

this song isn’t on the soundtrack and it legit makes me mad

Chopstick Dystopia
Jun 16, 2010

lowest high and highest low loser of: WEED WEE
k

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Got the credits just a few minutes ago. Game was fun but honestly maybe I just didn't have the right mindset for it but the fact that the game is actually fairly linear and there's only one real way of winning kind of took the wind out of my sails, yeah there's some freedom for how you do those kills but you still have to kill them at very specific points after doing all of their questlines. I dunno. I thought the ending was pretty unfulfilling too and the lack of answers to some stuff annoyed me as well. Ah well..

I feel the same way. It also started to feel a bit tedious in the last third of the game after I'd figured out the necessary ending sequence but still had to do several loops to set everything up. This is probably just due to what I was doing in my mornings on the first few loops though and the order I discovered some stuff in.

From a plot perspective I wasn't particularly satisfied with the explanation that people are bored, except Julianna, and Colt is not bored anymore because of some reason. But that at least has an in-story explanation, unlike the visitors, which okay they're from other loops, but all of the loops are the same day, are there alternate dimensions where there are also loops and the anomaly is also allowing travel between these dimensions as well as doing a time loop thing where bored people lose all memory? Maybe there's an in-story answer tucked away somewhere and I missed it. I never did go through the doorbell door, I think I got everything else.

At least there's a decent explanation for why Colt and Julianna are doing this. Colt thinks it's hosed up to keep people in a repeating day where they just do the same thing over and over, and Julianna doesn't want to lose the life she has with her father even it's a hosed up one. I can dig it. As for the other characters they're all kind of one note assholes. Except Wenji, who I didn't get much of an rear end in a top hat vibe from but still came across as a one note obsessed scientist. I guess it's so you don't mind killing them over and over, but then also why give a poo poo about saving them from their loop fate? I suppose Colt is doing it to free himself and Julianna, which it seems like he succeeds at, but as to what happens after he thinks he breaks the loop? That, like so much else, seems to be left unanswered.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
I just got credits, but, uh, this doesn't feel like the true ending. Or an ending at all, really, just a quick cutscene waking up on the beach again and Julianna walking away. I have no idea what else there is I'm supposed to do to get another ending, though, it feels like I hit all the major plot points. Or is that it..?

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Just did my first invasion at the complex at night and it's suuuuper useful knowing the routines and objectives having played as Colt. I feel like I got really lucky with the level because all I did was guard Egor and mine the spots I use as Colt to take him out Was a pretty good back and forth, too. Good first impression of the multiplayer but I can see how it needs a lot of luck to feel like a good match up.

Edit: Also, as with most Arkane games, I've had a much better time with no objective marker.

Tirranek fucked around with this message at 16:39 on Sep 18, 2021

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
They could remove all the guns and I don't think I would notice. This is very much a machete game.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
The Legendary Sniper Rifle you get from foiling the The Bakery Sniper Ambush is exactly the gun I was hoping for, I feel like I have total map control now.

Hyper Crab Tank
Feb 10, 2014

The 16-bit retro-future of crustacean-based transportation
I think I've done more sniping with nailguns, just because they're silent. It's very satisfying to Nexus up a crowd and pop all of them with a single well-aimed nail completely without anyone noticing.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

I just got the breaking the loop ending and the sky looked all messed up so I assume the world is hosed, but I don't really understand how Julianna is still able to disappear away like she's still in the loop, or from an alternative loop? Shouldn't we both be stuck here now?

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Khanstant posted:

They could remove all the guns and I don't think I would notice. This is very much a machete game.

Does the machete do actual damage in terms of numbers or is it just an instant kill? Same with headshots, because I'm imagining ways to take advantage of the Stone Wall trinkets.

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

for my very basic flailing with the machete it seems like it works two ways: from the front it does large chunks of damage and the hit that would kill an enemy triggers a special kill animation. I've noticed this when attacking Eternalists and Julianna/Colts alike both the former of which takes a couple of hits and the latter feels like 4 or 5 hits sometimes. The latter may also be an issue with latency.

Then there's when you attack from the back, which is always an instant kill it seems. No way to really know unless you could invade a friend multiple times with the goal of testing out the various things though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.
Embarking on the final loop you really do get the yips trying to do simple things you've done a dozen times before. One big annoyance though is you don't get to infuse any upgrades you pick up on that mission.

Wenji kill weirdness spoiler for final mission:

I cleared out the party carefully with hit and run attacks and turret traps. Wenji was based on top of the roof so I used the sniper to take a few pot shots at her guards from across the courtyard. When I was fleeing the scene I suddenly got her death notification popup. One of she or one of her guards must have caused an explosion.

Final thoughts. Loved it. Can wait to see the speedruns of the game. One critism, I understand what they were going for with the loadout limits but I think they could have done with one extra slab slot because shift was so useful there was never any reason to not use it so some of the slabs got little to use from me as a result.