Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I only made it to like level 20 in PvP, these invasion changes got me hankering to get in max out. You think we’ll see a big population boom around Christmas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

If you still want to troll Juliana, grab the Class Pass in the morning and go to Updam at noon and hide in the room underneath the mansion.

Come to think of it, this might also work with 2Bit's room. Can Juliana hack doors?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Lt. Lizard posted:

Yep, specifically:

Colt dropping the game now counts as a win for a player-controlled Julianna
AFK players are tagged
Colt players who linger in Colt’s tunnels for too long are automatically tagged and that causes the tunnel doors to open

solve like 90% of issues I had with multiplayer. It's time to spin Deathloop MP for another 10 hours or so, I guess. :v:

Yeah no kidding. Colts giving up goes from being a symbolic victory to an actual win or the Julianna is how it ought to have been from the start.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

KillHour posted:

If you still want to troll Juliana, grab the Class Pass in the morning and go to Updam at noon and hide in the room underneath the mansion.

Come to think of it, this might also work with 2Bit's room. Can Juliana hack doors?

Julianna can just go right through most doors that Colt needs to hack, but the shutters that deploy when 2Bit enters safe mode might be another matter. And it's even odds whether or not Colt's found the event that lets him designate the Invader.

Also, for whoever was wondering about how to stealth Condition Detachment, go around the outside. The right side of the mansion has a window into a room that directly faces one of 2Bit's access doors. It's pretty hard to access, and might even be easier to get to by going around the left and across the roof.

e: I just remembered, as I realized shortly after I read the post, that they were asking about Egor. First time, I was like, "Wait, that's a different console surrounded by enemies, I'm stupid." And here I am, being stupid in public.

Dareon fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Nov 19, 2021

Dyz
Dec 10, 2010
With the egor thing, I put the nullifier far enough away that it only overlapped the control panel and not me, then turned it on remotely. My invisibility still ran out while entering the code though.

Bizarre Echo
Jul 1, 2011

"I am pleased that we have differences. May we together become greater than the sum of both of us."
Broke the loop, started playing as Julianna. My initial loadout includes a rapier with the "miss and you're out of ammo" mod and a shotgun that does more damage to targets in the air.

Invasions haven't been going great, is what I'm saying.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
When in doubt, sneak up and stab Colt.

And remember, you can pick up weapons in the field, too.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Here's an interesting essay on Deathloop and formalism

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk

Basic Chunnel posted:

Here's an interesting essay on Deathloop and formalism

Don't read this if you want to avoid Outer Wilds spoilers. I've not played it yet (was planning to at some point) but what is spoiled seems like it might be a big deal.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Did it spoil the central premise of the game?

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo
It basically spoils one the very late game reveals (well, thematically, technically you can learn it early on if you're in the right place at the right time, but everything is set up so you should learn it near the end of your playthrough, or doubt the early source), one central to the story.

Chev fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Nov 22, 2021

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Booby trapping Colt bodies with proximity charges is both fun and effective since every Colt is trained to rush back to try to finish off fleeing Julianas.

E: I thought Colt disconnecting was supposed to count as a win for Juliana now? It doesn't break the chain I suppose and you get your points but still.

e2: Explosive Rapier or coiled-snake sepulchra?

e3: Aww, killing a Colt that put himself in a nullifier field for some reason doesn't give you the "looper" bonus. Oh well.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Nov 28, 2021

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

Finally got my 15 win streak ad julie last night. I Got up to 17 until I was aggressively perusing a colt who doubles back and went invis, downing me with 2 shotty blasts.

I got over 160k hunter points with Julie and over 300 hours played. Game good, fun to stream.

bsamu
Mar 11, 2006

Ravenfood posted:

e2: Explosive Rapier or coiled-snake sepulchra?

I haven't played in a bit but if that sepulchra is the one that charges up, the noise it makes is audible to the other player. in one of my last matches the other person had it and it was a great warning that they were aiming at me. I'd recommend the rapier.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

I finished the game yesterday. Like every other game Arkane has made it's pretty fun. Part of me wants to complain about weapon variety but I know that even if they tripled the number of guns in the game I'd still probably use the nail gun, that gold-tier machine pistol and really only vary up the third slot (sort of like how I was never getting rid of double jump or blink so really I was only ever going to change 3 trinkets and one slab.)

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I see a bunch of stuff online saying the silenced Tribunal pistol is OP but it just seems worse than the silenced LMP submachine gun. what am I missing? It seems like I can stealthily one-shot headshot guys from a reasonable range just as well with either one, but only one of them has the spray-n-pray backup mode for when you stumble into a group of eternalists and get seen.

Are there specific unique weapons worth going for? I got the big scoped Sepulchra rifle, but the extra range doesn't seem hugely useful in most situations as I can snipe more effectively with the silenced LMP at medium range with the right mods on it. I guess it would be good for sniping one specific target from halfway across the map but that situation hasn't really come up for me yet.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
I thought the silenced Limp was far and away the best all rounder gun for dealing with non-Juliannas. With the right trinkets it was basically a laser. It wasn't great at dealing with invaders but it wasn't bad either.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
For PvP, the 50-50 and the Verso are top tier, maybe also the fourpounder and heritage gun with the poison gas perks. Otherwise, just experiment which weapons suit you. I liked the explosive nail gun a lot.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Hannibal Rex posted:

For PvP, the 50-50 and the Verso are top tier, maybe also the fourpounder and heritage gun with the poison gas perks. Otherwise, just experiment which weapons suit you. I liked the explosive nail gun a lot.

I would carry a Verso or 50-50 with Snare and a Mind Leech trinket at all times if you can for PvP purposes, as well as general combat uses. Then a sneaking weapon and a longer range loud weapon. I liked the explosive rapier and a nail gun but most of the weapons are good. I never played much with a silenced LIMP but it probably would work fine. My nail gun had echolocation and I used nexus heavily so it was fine for mass stealth killing and spotting.

The two I named above were far and away the most useful PvP weapons I found though, the 50-50 for me was simply great. Bonus, Charlie always drops one with snare.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 01:19 on Dec 16, 2021

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

I just passed 200k hunter points with Julianna and I gotta say, the echolocation nailgun has earned a place in my loadout. Being able to find a ghosting Colt or getting his location when he's waiting in ambush on the other side of a wall is golden.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjneXxn2FZA

My man hasn’t been this down on a game since Godfall. He didn’t even hate Battlefield this much.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

I think everything he says is pretty much spot on. I "enjoyed" Deathloop insofar as I liked exploring the levels and piecing together worldbuilding and so forth but overall the experience was less than the sum of its parts.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Does anyone have any tips for getting the Judgement Day trophy on PS5?

I've tried every which way to kill Harriet with poison gas and it just isn't registering. I understand that this is a glitch that others have had, but does anyone know a way around it? It's the last trophy I need to get and it's bugging me.

KonvexKonkav
Mar 5, 2014

I played Deathloop for about 8 hours and didn't enjoy it very much without really being able to pinpoint what was bothering me except for the terrible AI. His review helped me realize what was bothering me more precisely.

It's a real bummer that you spend so much time in menus in what's supposed to be an immersive sim for example, that's probably the main thing that turned me off in the end. The other stuff about there being only a single enemy type and the puzzles being bith too convoluted and mindless thanks to the game always telling you the solution rang very true as well.

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Mind_Taker posted:

Does anyone have any tips for getting the Judgement Day trophy on PS5?

I've tried every which way to kill Harriet with poison gas and it just isn't registering. I understand that this is a glitch that others have had, but does anyone know a way around it? It's the last trophy I need to get and it's bugging me.

When I did this, I used her custom Fourpounder and tried shooting it at her feet. It's really obnoxiously difficult to get this trophy because it's very difficult and also incredibly tactically suboptimal to try and get the kill done by the gas instead of the bullets or the explosion, and also when you finally manage it the game can just decide not to give you the trophy. On my fifth attempt, I failed to miss one of my shots and killed her with a bullet, and then the game gave me the trophy.

Deathloop's trophies are very poorly thought out.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
TBH I never even really considered how much the menu impacted my game experience but ever since watching the review I’ve realized that menu is probably the single issue that preventing me from firing this up again.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Fedule posted:

When I did this, I used her custom Fourpounder and tried shooting it at her feet. It's really obnoxiously difficult to get this trophy because it's very difficult and also incredibly tactically suboptimal to try and get the kill done by the gas instead of the bullets or the explosion, and also when you finally manage it the game can just decide not to give you the trophy. On my fifth attempt, I failed to miss one of my shots and killed her with a bullet, and then the game gave me the trophy.

Deathloop's trophies are very poorly thought out.

I ended up getting the trophy after a few more tries. I watched a video of someone who shot Harriet in the legs with a shotgun which knocked her down, and then just spammed the area with the poison gas Fourpounder. That ended up working for me and I don't know why.

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

I just karnesised her into gas.

For multiplayer, can you only invade levels on specific times, i always seem to get the same times for each level

acksplode
May 17, 2004

You can only invade if there's a visionary present, and some map-times don't have one.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

acksplode posted:

You can only invade if there's a visionary present, and some map-times don't have one.
I'm actually not sure if you can invade Fristad Rock afternoon since Charlie and Fia can technically be there, or only can after the target made them available to be killed.

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010

Ravenfood posted:

I'm actually not sure if you can invade Fristad Rock afternoon since Charlie and Fia can technically be there, or only can after the target made them available to be killed.

Fristad Afternoon is off limits to Julianna under any circumstances. It's a special case.

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.
I've had a few false starts with this but am thoroughly enjoying it now that I'm properly in. Just wondering if anyone else on PC is having a weird issue where playing any three areas in a row will cause a lot of chugging, necessitating a reboot of the game?
I get a solid 90fps in my first area no matter the time or location. I'm also on a pretty high end system but with raytracing off, so I don't think I'm pushing the game too hard.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I got this now during the sales, it's really impressive and fun.

However, I killed my first visionary after a lot of work and got stuck on a menu (softlock) - apparently this has been a bug since launch. That was anti-fun.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Had a go as Julianna for the first time, the lag was so horrible that movement was sometimes impossible. I did finally manage to reach Colt as he seemed oblivious to me, I creeped up on him while he was standing still and managed to land six fourpounder bullets on his head (with mind leech) but he didn't die, and then he snapped around and killed me with a single shot of whatever gun he was using.

Cool experience, I wanna do this again!

Tenasscity
Jan 1, 2010

Colts have bad internet another reason to kill them.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Is there any info on how the game does matchmaking? Like is it at least regional? I’d originally intended to try multi but after a lot of people mentioned lag issues I didn’t even bother. I live in New Zealand and our small population plus geographic remoteness led to me assuming there was no way I’d get a decent matchup

Hannibal Rex
Feb 13, 2010
Your best bet is probably to post on various Deathloop forums, looking to friend local players.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Hell yeah, finished Deathloop tonight. It was amazing.

zokie
Feb 13, 2006

Out of many, Sweden
I do enjoy the game, but I don’t enjoy that when I try to play as Julianna I get stuck in endless waiting for matchmaking and when playing as Colt online ends up with meeting an endless stream of god mode players using Havoc and a shotgun to end me repeatedly.

I haven’t gotten to play as Julianna once so I don’t even know how close she spawns or anything. And the invasions are always really early so it’s not like I’ve had the time to get room to maneuver.

I’m just going to stick to Offline for now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I really hated invasions at first too, then I spent a few rounds playing as Julia, then I spent the two weeks after launch only invading as Julia, and never finished the game because the storyline wasn’t as fun as playing multiplayer and killing Cole over and over again.

Try a few rounds as Julia so you can at least better understand how invasions work.