Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Is the nailgun completely useless? It's apparently supposed to be the quiet gun but unlike every other gun it takes several headshots to kill even basic enemies by which time they've yelled and shot at me. Are there any actually good quiet ranged options in this game?

edit: As usual immediately after posting this I tried holding down the fire button

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

The Lone Badger posted:

How can I remove mines without detonating them? The red blinky ones, not the laser ones.
In addition to carefully sneaking up to them, there's a trinket that lets you hack them like other devices in Frank's fireworks container on the docks.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Volte posted:

Yeah, I misunderstood loop stress at first too, and thought it meant when you kill a visionary, the rest of the loop gets harder.
Weird, I thought it worked that way too. I could swear a tutorial pops up that says or at least implies it works this way.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
What happens if you wander into the gas death trap bunker with a gas immunity trinket equipped? I hope he just gets annoyed and lets you out eventually.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Hub Cat posted:

He doesn't have a response, unfortunately.
Doesn't that softlock the game? How do you get out or die?

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

Finding Fias paintings is one of the most garbage tier quests I have done in a game in a while.
I found it very funny that most "guides" for this that show up in google don't even realize it's randomized and there's actually at least a dozen of them.

Luckily there's at least one that lists them all if you truly get stuck.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
I finished the game. I think I would have enjoyed a Dishonored-style linear game more, since even though I didn't do most of the time consuming optional puzzles I was still getting tired of running through areas multiple times by the end of the game. I get that the "final level" is pretty much all of the last loop but I was still expecting at least a little but of actual gameplay in the stabilizer core.

Ravenfood posted:

If you don't sneak through everything it's easily possible to get 10+ people coming at you at once. Hitting the armory or Charlie's and moving fast through it is an easy way to get tons of people on you. There, Nexus is great, especially the upgrade that gives you lifesteal
Yeah, I used blink + nexus the entire game and whenever I inevitably failed to stealth things due to not having aether I would just nexus a group, shotgun/rapier one of them, regain full health, repeat. Havoc would have worked too I guess but unlike havoc nexus is also great for stealth.

I really wish there were more power slots so I could at least have used aether at times. Blink is nonnegotiable to reduce the tedium of running through the same areas over and over later in the game and nexus is too broadly useful to do without.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Samadhi posted:

Quick question RE: harvesting weapons: If I infuse a weapon, such as the purple Four Pounder from early in the game, and then on another loop I pick it up again (but it wasn't in my loadout), can I harvest the gun in the tunnels to get the Residium and not lose it from my kept arsenal?
Yep. You can have as many copies of each weapon in your tunnel inventory as you like. Of course there's no reason to keep more than 1 or 2 so you may as well harvest them.

Just remember that if you drop an infused weapon to take a different one home it won't reappear until the next loop.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Sep 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
Weird, that definitely didn't happen to me.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Sep 29, 2021