Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

This isn't a roguelike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

The 0451 gag is pretty good.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Jack Trades posted:

If you have actually read any of my posts, instead of just noticing that someone criticizing the thing you like, then you would've known that I'm bringing up specific qualities that are a deal breaker to me.
Feel free to refute any of them if you disagree with me.

Even if the game is bad, please don't do this loving debate me poo poo. It's good btw.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Cowcaster posted:

wait what was that about a lot of downvotes because of sjw stuff

The two main characters are black.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

My only real complaint at this stage: it takes a while before I can bully or get bullied by Colt when I want to do PvP.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I dont know if the game gets progressively harder through loops but if you don't gently caress up and reset the loop early by dying too many times, the levels get harder as the day progresses. So the level you visit in the morning will be easy peasy but at night there will be laser tripwires everywhere etc etc. Also eventually to break the loop you will be trying to fight 2 (or more?) boss enemies at the same time.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

You unlock outfits for Colt

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Re: Difficulty

Also Dishonored doesn't have a morality system, it has a "how do you want to play the game" system.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Palpek posted:

I think what the problem with the difficulty boils down to me is that the game features a robust weapons system complete with colored loot and gun mods, then on top of that it adds special powers which serve as rewards for exploration and killing important enemies - all the while the combat is so easy that you can roll the entire game with the starting gun and a powerless protagonist. So all of it is kinda useless. I don't know if I'd need some complex behavior AI because that's really hard to pull off - but games often managed to create a satisfying difficulty curve with other means like with ramping enemy types and attacks - Arkane did a decent job with that in Prey. Just any sort of challange would be nice. Alternatively combat could be more of a side thing to the narrative without what ammounts to much ado about nothing. I still can imagine them adding harder difficulties to the game in some future patch.

I did the party mansion level just now and there were like 100 NPCs in an enclosed space, you probably can't do that with the starter gun. So there are challenges to find. Also fighting human invaders can be tough - though you get 3 lives and they only get 1 so you can't get bullied too hard by crazy pvp dudes.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Legendary/Gold weapons have randomized special effects on them as I have learned.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

veni veni veni posted:

I can't really get a read on how much I should be going off the beaten path. the objectives are very point a to b, but there's a bunch of other places to go, that mostly feel like they will come in play later, so I haven't been very thorough. But I'm not sure if that's the right thing to do or if I should be checking the whole area out as much as the game will let me.

I would say wait until you unlock the ability to keep items through loops before you go crazy exploring. It's worth rushing a bit to get to that point.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

I wish there were more gold weapons because my gamer brain won't let me use items that aren't the top rarity level.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Bardeh posted:

But you can only hold three weapons and there are four gold weapons, all of which you can infuse?

Ya but I need more options to obsess over.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Next complaint: the powers are too good, how am I supposed to pick only two? Well, one. I'm not going to pass up on Blink.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

If this game isn't an immersive sim then there hasn't been an immersive sim game in like 20 years.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

This may be confirmation bias but I was doing a couple of speed runs and NPC Juliana seemed to trigger when I first got spotted and triggered a combat alert but not while stealthed and enemies were unaware.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

Btw you can get the gold guns from Juliana invaders also.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

The multiplayer incorporation also means both players need to be "balanced" so you can't get an insane fully loaded character like in Dishonored to play with in single player.