Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Lead Psychiatry posted:

Interesting Julianna is a PVP invasion mechanic but guess not really worth getting excited for it since Doom Eternal claimed empowered demons would be the same thing. But nothing came of it until recently when it was finally, and officially, cancelled.

Except that was an extra mode to be added later while Julianna is in the main game that is coming out in 2 months. They’ve said you can play offline with an AI Julianna if you want.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

iGestalt posted:

I believe the embargo is meant to end today at some point - so I'm hoping we might see reviews popping up in a few hours. I've only heard this via second hand information / google though, so I could be entirely wrong.

Embargos are usually up at 8am EST so probably in ~20 minutes

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jack Trades posted:

They're attempting to dive into a genre they don't really have any experience in.

This part is wrong. From the reviews it sounds like this is very similar to Dishonored but with added roguelike/metroidvania and a multiplayer component(that isn't as important as the trailers imply)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jack Trades posted:

The roguelike genre is the one that they don't have any experience in (Mooncrash was clearly a test for it but it was very limited all things considered) and it's also a genre that's very difficult to get right.

My point was that the game is like 90% Dishonored and 10% Roguelike

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Blind Rasputin posted:

Does this run at 60fps on ps5? For some reason I thought I heard 30fps.

Is there in-game saving as well? I’d rather not have another Returnal type experience where turning the PS5 off wrong or my kids booting up a game wipes my hibernating progress.

30fps with Raytracing or 60fps without

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Do you get more stealth options? Because it feels pretty barebones. I'm still on the tutorial I think, next objective is to find some scientist lady and find out how to keep stuff between loops

Also the gunplay feels kinda bad

Setting and story are really cool though

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wait, does Havoc just make you straight up invincible for the duration? I thought it just gave damage resistance.

By the way, is there a silenced Pistol? I’ve got the silenced SMG but the accuracy on that isn’t great.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Think I've almost got everything set up to beat the game but I've still got some extra stuff to check out. Can you continue playing/looping after breaking it?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Uh Moxie is supposed to be bullshit hard without hacking it right? I'm not sure it's even possible without Shift

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Found a "fun" bug in Nighttime Karl's Bay: I can't leave. Meaning I have to kill myself to progress. And I have new trinkets I wanted to save...Possibly related to turning on the Haul-a-quinn or killing Frank by sabotaging the fireworks

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

CuddleCryptid posted:

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but do the visionary quest objectives that you do "stick"? If I Sabotage the fireworks or reprogram the computer for access do those things carry forward through all the rest of the loops? The quests deactivate after doing them once but it doesn't make sense for them to not reset, so I don't know if I need to be writing things down.

They do reset. You just know about them now so the quest objective isn't neccesary.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I found a purple Hacking range trinket and it’s super ridiculous. Basically if you can see it you’re probably close enough to hack it. Also I learned from that you can hack the radio enemies to stop them from calling reinforcements.

Wafflecopper posted:

You sure you didn’t get invaded and forgot to hack the antenna?

Yep, there’s no visionaries in that area so you can’t be invaded there. I had the menu for escaping come up, it would just kick me back out when I accepted the “Get out of here” option. From googling it I’m not the only one this has happened to and it does seem like it’s caused by killing Frank with the sabotaged fireworks.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
I really wish you could unlock the extra Colt outfits some other way. A lot of the time when I invade as Julianna the lag makes it unplayable

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Escobarbarian posted:

https://twitter.com/bownsgamepics/status/1441871317356134400?s=21

I love when mines suddenly decide to work differently from how they do every other time in the game just in time for me to lose an absolute shitload of upgrades and residuum after thoroughly exploring and clearing out the entire manor for the first time. Thanks, Deathloop

Are you sure you were crouched?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Had a Julianna invade me on Noon Updaam that just camped on the top floor of Charlie’s mansion the whole round. After 2 lost lives(and like 30 minutes) and her refusing to come down no matter what I just left(the area) since she wasn’t guarding the jammer at all.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 04:28 on Sep 27, 2021

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Finally found a silenced Tribunal. Yeah the SMG is better.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Wow the trophy list is more extensive than I was expecting. And thank god there's no trophy for getting the grand prize from Moxie

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So if I killed a Colt as Julianna but didn't even get the points screen does that means they disconnected at the last second?

EDIT: Actually I'm not getting the points screen from ANY invasion now. Are you not able to level up anymore after beating the singleplayer or something?

RatHat fucked around with this message at 16:32 on Sep 27, 2021

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Going for the plat now and I guess I'll turn off multiplayer for the harder trophies. How does AI Julianna behave?

Arist posted:

I didn't even realize I could do that, huh

Yeah you just have to crouch verrrry slowly up to them until you get the prompt. Seems to work best from the side rather than the front(if they're on a wall or something)

Palpek posted:

Fia's room has a window in the ceiling that you can open using a crank and get a drop on her from above without her ever having time to trigger anything.

Where is this?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Ok I've gotta try this to kill an invading Julianna(very minor spoilers?)

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Lt. Lizard posted:

It's absolutely impossible for me to imagine Colt bluffing his way into the party. The guy has many strengths, but smooth-talking is not one of them.

There’s a part in either Complex Morning or Noon with some Eternalists talking to Wenje over the radio. If you take them out before the conversation is over Colt can try to bluff that “Everything is Normal” and Wenje will immediately see through it. It’s pretty funny.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jerusalem posted:

I don't know how many got Egor to go to the party before they set up so Wenjie will always be there, but I love that if you do that, you find him in the attic trying to use Aether to do a bullshit seance and an Eternalist turns on a nullifier to reveal his trick, they all call him a dipshit and walk out on him laughing :lol:

You can probably still do this after the Wenje thing by just killing her before the party

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Speaking of Frank, originally I thought he launched the fireworks from Updaam but I guess not? Is he even physically anywhere after Fristaad Morning?

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

acksplode posted:

I don't think he's in Karl's Bay when he sets off the fireworks. That's just where they're stored. When you rig them to explode, the explosion is somewhere distant, well past Karl's Bay. Pretty sure it's just a nondescript spot on the island that you can't go to.

He might be launching them from a boat too

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Jolo posted:

What's with the rocket in Charlie's game? I figured it killed the people in the building but it didn't do that and the people outside were fine too. It's a pain to gather the 3 (4?) batteries to activate it at all and as far as I can tell it doesn't do anything. Am I doing it wrong?

Last time I shifted up into the upper floors and there were plenty of eternalists mulling around below but the rocket launch didn't kill any of them.

Yeah I never found it very useful because of how hard it is to gather 3-4 batteries while staying stealthy. I think it burns the UPPER floors though.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Well that Spy sidequest sure felt pointless. It gives you a bunch of useful codes but by the time you find and figure out the Spy hideouts you're probably almost done the game anyway.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Palpek posted:

Holy poo poo after all these loops I noticed an open window in a random building in Updaam at noon and it turned out to be the place where the group of snipers are plotting that surprise ambush (luring Colt with a gift) that happens later in the day. The place is only reachable through that single window, no doors or anything, nice.

Do you mean the room above the bakery? There is a door.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Sep 30, 2021

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Specifically when you hack them the gate dial will show the code for you. But yeah it’s easy to just go around/over that gate anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Ravenfood posted:

I was sad those didn't seem to be physics enabled so I couldn't use their hard work for my own enjoyment.

Yeah I did that and only the first line fell over, the 2nd was stuck. I tried kicking it and it just set off the mine in my face