Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzjq6myYALo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

the deluxe edition looks mediocre (just 2 weapons and 2 skins) so guess im grabbing the standard edition :)

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Loling at Microsoft seemingly getting a solid new IP at last, but being contractually obligated to release it exclusively on the PS5

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Unlucky7 posted:

I am a pleb with a 1070. Am I screwed? :(

EDIT: This is on a 1440p monitor. Prey gives me no trouble.

It's very different tech, Prey was Cryengine but Deathloop is using the in-house engine from Dishonored 2

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

The framepacing feels weird to me, apparently Dishonored 2 had an issue with poor pacing when not locked at exactly 60fps or 120fps so that issue might still be present here

If all else fails I can cap at 60fps but I'd rather go higher if possible

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

I capped the FPS at 60 using the Nvidia control panel and the frame pacing definitely feels way more consistent

60fps looks like doodooass compared to well paced >100 but you've gotta do what you've gotta do

CottonWolf posted:

I wonder how many people instinctively tried it on the first door. How many people even know?

There's an achievement for trying it, with 5% completion on Steam versus 45% for completing the first tutorial zone. About 1 in 9 then.

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Bardeh posted:

The game feels all jittery and 'off' on my computer. 8600k and a 1080ti at 1440p. Playing around with settings I can get 60-80fps at mostly high details, which should be fine, but it just feels sluggish and not very nice to play.

It seems to have the same framepacing bug as Dishonored 2, where it becomes jittery when not running at an exact multiple of 60fps

Try capping at 60fps using the Nvidia control panel

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

lol even the ps5 version has frame pacing issues when not running at 60fps, the raytracing mode switches to 30fps and its a mess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWH1f9TeW0I&t=859s

arkane please fix your engine

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

There's a semi-private beta branch for the PC version which supposedly improves performance/smoothness a lot

Go into the games Steam properties and use the password "juliannashotme" to get access

I haven't had chance to try it yet

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu_XHyO-6zY

the beta patch fixes jittering that occurs at 60fps/120fps, but the worse jittering that occurs at other framerates is still there, so you still need to cap your FPS

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

Well that was underwhelming overall. I didn't find the side content particularly engaging so just ended up plowing through the critical path in about 10 hours :geno:

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

I dropped the game originally due to the stutter and finished it off after the big patch, it feels fine to me now even with uncapped FPS

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

They patched in some AI

quote:

NPC Behavior
NPCs now react to bullets passing close by, such as headshots that miss
NPCs now react when another is assassinated close by
NPCs now hear better and react faster to nearby footfalls
NPCs under fire no longer move to take cover if the player is too close
NPCs can now deduce the direction from which a grenade was thrown
NPCs no longer stop trying to kill Colt if Julianna uses Nexus to link him to them
Interrupted aerial assassinations will no longer cause NPCs to become mostly invulnerable
Numerous other small fixes and improvements to NPC behavior, reactions, pathing, and placement
Charlie Montague no longer gets stuck in the floor or ground if he’s kicked while using Shift

Quality of Life/Accessibility
Added controller remapping and left/right stick inversion
UI buttons and text in options menu are now larger, as are their selectable areas

We continue to listen to community feedback and explore more quality of life and accessibility options for a future update.

Invasion
Colt dropping the game now counts as a win for a player-controlled Julianna
AI-controlled Julianna is now more reactive to Colt’s actions
The antenna that Colt must hack to escape now takes slightly longer to hack
AFK players are tagged
Colt players who linger in Colt’s tunnels for too long are automatically tagged and that causes the tunnel doors to open
Higher chance that you will invade players on your Friends list while they are playing in ‘Online mode’
Strelak Sapper Charges thrown by NPCs that Julianna has attacked will no longer create false Colt tags for Julianna
Players now properly hear audio reactions from the opposing player during melee
Strelak Sapper Charges will now stick to Julianna as they do to other NPCs

User Interface
The UI is now clearer regarding Residuum loss on death
The appearance of weapons and other items is improved within the Loadout UI
The UI HUD will now properly display updates made to key bindings and controls
The game will now pause fully during the Game Over splash screen
Melee will now be labeled correctly when in the weapon cycle on a controller (Y)
When aiming down sights, crosshairs will no longer disappear while the player is close enough to an NPC to perform an assassination
The Heritage Gun’s reticle will now indicate the increased scatter from the Scattergun perk
Players will no longer be asked to confirm changes to visual settings if nothing was changed
Fixed an issue in which mouse wheel sensitivity was overreduced when zooming in or out to view a weapon in the Loadout UI

Misc. Gameplay
Duplicate Slab upgrades are now converted to a harvestable Residuum object
In Karl’s Bay, Harriet and her cultists can no longer shoot at Colt through the closed security door to her office
Also in Karl’s Bay, a certain window in Hangar 2 has been restored to its intended functionality
Strelak Sapper Charges can no longer be thrown in a way that enables the player to clip through doors or other surfaces
Kicking a Strelak Sapper Charge while “cooking” it no longer causes the Charge to explode and no longer causes subsequent Charges to disappear when thrown
Turret placement can no longer be used as a way to enable the player to clip through doors or other surfaces
Hackable antennas now give clearer audiovisual feedback of their hacked status
Fixed an issue that could result in Colt having 2 guns in the same hand or one gun in the left hand instead of the right hand after a reprise
Fixed an issue that could prevent a weapon from being further reloaded if player switched to a same ammunition type while reloading then switched back to original weapon
Fixed an issue that could cause the Hackamajig not to be automatically equipped to an empty hand when first picked up
Fixed an issue that could lead to a player using the Shift Slab to reach a ledge, triggering the vaulting action, and getting stuck in the ledge instead of vaulting it
Fixed a case in which 2-Bit interactions were not working as intended
Fixed an issue that caused some hackable doors to become unopenable if kicked while hacking
More than one turret can no longer occupy the same space
Fixed an issue that could trap players if Fia’s large bunker doors close on them

Graphics/Audio
Fixed an issue in which the player could unequip the machete during an assassination animation
Corrected some issues with FSR integration and improved overall implementation.
Fixed in issue in which the player could unequip a jammed gun during the unjamming animation
Fixed bugs, including some that could cause crashes, related to the DLSS and ray tracing graphics options
Fixed numerous minor visual glitches, including some related to indirect lighting
Fixed or improved numerous audio details and timings, including some improved voiceover lines
Improved audio mixing across the board
Fixed an issue that could cause graphical glitching when a door is opened at the same time a sensor closes it
Turret indicator lights now no longer function if the turret’s battery is destroyed
The hostile/friendly indicator lights on Field Nullifiers are now consistent with those on turrets
Fixed an issue that caused deactivated turrets to sound as though they’re deployed when thrown or dropped
Fixed an issue that rarely caused closed doors to appear as though they’re open

Achievements/Trophies and Feats
Fixed an issue that enabled Julianna to be rewarded with duplicate trinkets
Fixed an issue that prevented the “Ensemble Tragedy” achievement from being rewarded properly
Fixed an issue that prevented Julianna from earning the Double Vision feat if killing Colt via assassination while Masquerading as a Visionary
Fixed an issue that enabled Julianna players to earn the Sorceress feat even if weapons were used
Fixed an issue that counted Colt’s own deaths to Julianna’s gunfire toward the “Don’t Mind Me” achievement

Stability
Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash while using the Strelak Verso
Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash if Colt dies just as a cinematic begins
Fixed an issue that could rarely cause the game to become unresponsive on exiting the Journal
Fixed an issue that could cause the game to become unresponsive while remapping controls from keyboard to controller or vice versa

Connection-Related
Fixed an issue that could cause the first weapon to be dropped when the Julianna player picks up multiple weapons at once
Fixed an issue that could cause the mission results screen and progression to be skipped for the Julianna player if that player goes straight to Invasion matchmaking after successfully breaking the loop as Colt and watching the game credits
Fixed an issue that could cause the “network connection to the server failed” message to remain on-screen after being resolved
Fixed an issue that could cause Julianna to spawn above the ground, having to briefly fall before being able to move
Fixed an issue that caused the visual effects of Karnesis, when used on an NPC, not to appear from Julianna’s point of view

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

it just wasn't that good

on the bright side Weird West, by the director of dishonored and prey, comes out in a few weeks

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

The PC version also got AMDs new FSR2 upscaler though that's more of a technical curiosity if you've already played the game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

repiv
Aug 13, 2009

woo, 4 minutes of filler that doesn't really add anything