Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Bardeh posted:

I still can't quite picture in my head how a session of this game plays out. Is it more of a roguelike style where you'll do lots of quicker runs trying to optimise your loop? Or is it a level-based campaign? Or an open-world freeform style thing without time constraints? What if someone joins your game and you kill them really quickly? Doesn't that take out a lot of the tension because the main antagonist is now gone?

Yeah, if a given loop is supposed to last up to a full 24 hours in-universe time, then you can't exactly do it realtime. I could see them partitioning the island into several levels, with each level representing a few in-universe hours, and allowing players to go through levels in any order? That could also help sidestepping the issue that every single thing you do is governed by a giant clock ticking over your head, by keeping at least some of the time-sensitive bits independent of one another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

In case anybody else runs into this: If you've got an Nvidia card and run into performance trouble, try updating your drivers. Fixed the issue entirely for me.

Only just gotten done with the tutorial loop, but I already love how pulpy the tone is. Colt is such a lovable dumbass. :allears:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Have to agree that the invasions could do with some sort of hint as to where Colt currently is, even just as some sort of once-a-minute ping or something. And/or a live tracker where the visionaries currently are. I just spent a rather unsatisfying ten minutes just kinda walking back and forth between the jammer and the target area without ever having a clue where Colt actually was at any time since he went full stealth. He killed the Visionary when I wasn't nearby, so then I was stuck camping the jammer for another five minutes. And at that point it was basically a lost cause since I could pretty much just sprint right past me at max speed getting the hacking done on the way.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Bardeh posted:

Got invaded three times in a row this morning. Each time the Julianna camped the satellite dish and just waited for me - one of them for upwards of 20 minutes while I went around doing all my objectives, only to die immediately when I landed a headshot with the rapier once I was done and wanted to leave. People are goddamn weird.

In fairness, as Julianna you've got absolutely no indication where Colt actually is if he's playing stealthy. You kinda got the choice between camping the visionary, camping the jammer, and sorta aimlessly roaming around. The former might be for nothing if he decides to just book it, the latter is risky all around, only the jammer actually guarantees that you get at least one confrontation with him.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

If you're doing the whole disguise thing as Julianna, does your normal movement match the NPC's idle walk animation, or are doing an extremely conspicuous run animation?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

I've just ended up with on the receiving end of an invasion with things ending up as an open firefight near the spawn and I gotta say... it just doesn't seem to play very well? So far I've found the shooting to be only kinda serviceable against NPCs anyway, and against an actual player the weaknesses got much more apparent. Aiming feels weirdly sluggish and imprecise even with the sens cranked up, player models are visually kinda indistinct, and damage feedback is terrible.

Like, the whole sneaky cat-and-mouse gameplay where you're trying to find and ambush one another is cool and all, but the actual shooting part feels very much not great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Mr. Pardiggle posted:

This game makes me feel incredibly stupid and I dont know what just happened. I finished my first day and all my items/charm powers vanished? Each day is separated into 3 loops but my guns carry over each loop unless I die three times, but I still lose them at the end of each day?

Also that glowy random items that I cant interact with seem useful. Will I get that explained to me in the future?

Yeah, that'll be explained in the very next mission. There's a resource that allows you to keep stuff between loops, and those glowy things are a source of that resource.