Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Aquasnake posted:

What are the odds that makes it worth getting on PS5? I haven't found much that uses the controller features other than slight resistance during the energy puzzles in spiderman that made me think something was wrong with my controller.

Twelve

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Apparently it's hitting stores early (if you're in a place where they're open). I'm waiting for reviews in case one of the platforms is significantly better.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I just found the most annoying bug: if a gun runs out of ammo, you can't swap to it... which means you can't drop it for another gun. You basically lose an inventory slot until you find more ammo for it.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
I had an excellent invasion the other day. Updaam, at night, with Egor (but not Wenjie) in attendance. We had a scuffle around the signal jammer, which led to the invader running off. After a lot of sneaking around I became convinced she wasn't guarding the (now-unlocked) exits, so she had to be somewhere at the party, waiting. This led to this unbelievably tense, careful infiltration, including one part where I was creeping across those lights above the stage and then she opened a window right in front of me. Also another part where I ran right into Egor, killed him, and ran for my life-- this was the first time I'd redirected him to the party, so I didn't know where exactly he'd be. Eventually we had a showdown in one of the upstairs rooms; we both died to the same gas explosion, and then I went to finish off Aleksis.

Can you harvest Frank's body? If you use the firework method, I mean.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Frog Act posted:

So I'm a bit confused about a few things/hints that I just can't seem to make progress on

The hacker's hideout in Fristad Rock, under the radio tower, where the Eternalist hacker is trying to find new 2-bit commands. What am I supposed to do there? I can't seem to get a hang of it.

Oh I know this one. If you hack the machine, it'll set up these three satellite dishes over on the roof of Frank's place. Go up and interact with one of them (with the hacking tool I think?), and then defend them against a shitton of eternalists. I believe it's okay if one of them dies. Anyway, if you can keep one or two alive til the end of the sequence, it unlocks some new options for interacting with 2-Bit (which persist between loops).

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Bussamove posted:

Is the gear/weapons dropped by Visionaries fixed or random, outside of their slab of course? I’ve only killed a couple because life has been screwy and I just recently got time to play games again, but I’m tempted to do some hardcore loop farming to get slab upgrades for Shift at least and wanted to know what I could expect for drops.

Semi-random. Charlie drops Shift and its upgrades, but the order you get them is random (aside from getting the slab itself first). The various Gold Weapons are in fixed locations, but the special trait attached to each one is a die-roll, and if you don't like the one you get, you can just re-obtain another copy of that weapon in the next loop.

Except Julianna; her drops are based on whatever the other player had equipped (or fully random, if you're offline).

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Player-controlled Julianna is a lot easier if you've got a shottie, or even better an AoE weapon like the fart gun or an explosive rapier/nailgun.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
When I play Julianna, I usually camp on the transmitter or one of its approaches in order to kill Colt once, then relocate to wherever the visionary is and try and blend in with the mobs. If he wants to leave, he can leave, but if he wants to win then he needs to fight me.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Live fast and leave a buoyant corpse

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Frank's mansion is that 3-storey building in Fristad Rock, you can only access it in the morning.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Khanstant posted:

I feel like a lot of recent games had disgusting gently caress-zones built-in to their levels that would be logistically gnarly. Deus Ex Mankind Divided, Outer Worlds, Cyberpunk, now Deathloop.

I think the logistics of Dark Bramble can mostly be handwaved away by the weird fractal dimensional thing there.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Jerusalem posted:

Although now that I say that, it WOULD actually create the possibility of making Colt and Julianna the antagonists with somebody else in the loop - an eternalist, a Visionary, maybe Pick, perhaps a newcomer who has somehow broken in? - the protagonist trying to break the loop in a sequel which might be an interesting way of looking at things.

DEATH100P: one person plays as Colt, one person plays as Julianna, and the other 98 are Eternalists with like a 40 degree FoV.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Oh, great, I spawned as the guy in the Pact of Smoke room, might as well read a book for twenty minutes

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
There's a kitchen, too, with a bunch of butchered people hanging from the ceiling.

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

woodenchicken posted:

Do you keep your ClassPass(tm) if you exit the level with it?

Yep. There's a cheevo for wearing one all day, and a room in Charlie's sci-fi game, in Updaam at noon that you can only access if you're wearing one

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
If you progress that storyline a bit more, the other boxes will just automatically be open the next time you go there, and you can direct power to them like you did to the Complex room.

Kazzah fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Oct 20, 2021

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

Schneider Inside Her posted:

I just started playing this and I keep getting killed by the same Juliana's. Just again and again and again. It's beyond frustrating. It's a cool idea but Colt has so little health it's hard to win these fights when I don't know the maps or have any gear

Genuinely, put the game in single-player for a while. Once you've got a couple of nice permanent weapons and a slab or two, you can start beating her, or at least start surviving long enough to understand how she's beating you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf
Are you sure? I can't find it reported anywhere.