Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

God, this game is gonna have a wild loving speedrun, isn't it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

Although I'm not far does it allow for slabs to be kept across loops?

Once you get the ability to infuse weapons to keep them across loops you can do the same thing with slabs.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

veni veni veni posted:

You mean after the first area? I think I'm in the third or 4th hard checkpoint, so I was able to make a loadout for the last 2 areas.

Unless you mean something else.

You can set your loadout whenever you move to a new time of day, but eventually you'll also get the ability to carry over certain items to the next loop after the day resets (because normally you just lose it all). I also recommend trying to do that before getting too into exploration.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Countblanc posted:

After unlocking the ability to infuse things, how do you actually do it?

In your loadout screen between outings there's a big button that says INFUSE iirc that shows your current Residuum.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

explosivo posted:

I'm pretty sure I didn't infuse the purple double jump ability but I still had it when the day reset, what's up with that? Is that a special one or something? If so it's confused the hell out of me.

You get that one when you wake up on the beach, so you don't need to infuse it

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

redreader posted:

I assualted the library 'where all the weapons are' and was VERY surprised to find nothing there. and no people either. Probably they stock it up later or something.

That's what's so cool about it. When you visit Updaam during the tutorial in the morning I checked it out and grabbed an amazing rifle. I visited during a later time period and the place had been completely turned over and all the guns were gone.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Evil Kit posted:

double post but heck it

there are some conditions to being invaded:

1) Julieanna can only invade a map if there is a Visionary alive on the map that Colt has access to killing.

2) Furthermore, an invade can only occur within the first 3 minutes of the map. After that you're safe.

3) this one is a bit more loose but I'm pretty sure you can't be invaded by human controlled Julieanna till after you've picked up Infusion. That's pretty much the end of the extended tutorial.

#1 and #2 are definitely not true for AI Julianna, I went to kill Egon at The Complex and once I'd done it, right before I got to the tunnels to leave after probably 20 minutes in the level, Julianna invaded.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Pwnstar posted:

Next complaint: the powers are too good, how am I supposed to pick only two? Well, one. I'm not going to pass up on Blink.

I got Aether, went "this seems pretty good," then got Nexus and went "HOLY poo poo THIS RULES," Nexus is so loving good

Shift/Nexus 4 lyfe

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

You haven't played the game

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I hacked the mines around the generator in The Complex but when the battery ejected it blew up the mines anyway, how should I deal with this?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

acksplode posted:

Disarm them, don't hack them

I didn't even realize I could do that, huh

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Talorat posted:

His body helpfully lands in Karl's Bay though.

If you go to Karl's Bay at night, can you find his body and take the Residuum from it? That's really cool if so.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Really annoyed. The game just softlocked on me after I completed a really annoying objective, getting The Runt to 2-Bit. Paused the game and can't unpause now, ugh.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yeah, those get rid of the smoke effect that lingers on the ground for a bit after someone dies.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

andrew smash posted:

Wow I never found this. Where should I look?

In Karl's Bay in the evening or afternoon (but there's less backtracking if you get there in the evening), there's an open window in an area you can get to by going through a facade to the left of the leftmost tunnel exit. You'll know it instantly because there's a tripwire in front of a door right as you go through the window. That's how you start that story.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

BigglesSWE posted:

Three random things:

1: I just realized that Prey literally starts with a time-loop. Took me long enough.

2: The trailers to this game is so loving good, my god.

3: Anyone knows the name of the song in this trailer? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jziktWnfJcA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5y3ggvD4EI

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

KillHour posted:

Wait you can nuke fristad and keep going? I thought it immediately reset you.

This game missed out on so many opportunities for cool alternate solutions.

You die if you're on Fristad when the reactor blows... but it's possible, if you're quick, to leave before that happens.