Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I hope everyone who plays the assassin remembers to wait until the other player is on the cusp of victory for their kill, so you can watch the hope die in their eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Yeah. It could really go either way. I still don’t fully understand how it works, so I guess it will be a find out on the day thing.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Dareon posted:

Now I just need to finish Death Stranding so I can uninstall it and make room for Deathloop. I'm not gonna hurry, it'll give time for early patches to come through. Downside, it'll give time for an absolutely toxic assassin culture to develop.

You can turn off multiplayer and have the assassin controlled by the AI if you want.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Arkane in "makes good game" shocker.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Jack Trades posted:

The roguelike genre is the one that they don't have any experience in (Mooncrash was clearly a test for it but it was very limited all things considered) and it's also a genre that's very difficult to get right.

It doesn't seem like it's really a roguelike. There's no randomisation, as far as I can tell. There's just a timeloop. It sounds more like a Majora's Mask situation. As you progress further, you keep more stuff on reset.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Mercrom posted:

Does anyone?

It's a game that contains a door that's opened by the code 0451.

i must compose posted:

The greatest immersive sim of all is life.

I'd give it a much better review if it wasn't enforced ironman, so I could explore the mechanics more.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Assuming it lets me, I'm going to go invade someone straight away. It's going to own.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Pwnstar posted:

The 0451 gag is pretty good.

I wonder how many people instinctively tried it on the first door. How many people even know?

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

It feels smooth as butter on PS5.

Has anyone managed to reset the loop with Juliana yet? I've managed to kill Colt twice, but I got taken out on the third respawn before I could reset the loop.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I swear I'm the only person who loved the Dishonoured games but found Prey did nothing for them.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Warbird posted:

Ah bummer. I suppose the intent there was to make it better/more practical to go loud but if they’re not even really pushing you even then that’s sort of a letdown. Still sounds interesting though.

It's fun to gun down crowds, but it is literally never challenging. I've not been invaded yet (though I've done a fair bit of invading myself), but I'm assuming that will be the source of the only real mechanical challenge the game offers. That's not really a criticism, I enjoy a mindless shooter with cool powers, fun characters and a well realised world, but I wouldn't go in expecting anything more than that.

CottonWolf fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Sep 14, 2021

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

DLC Inc posted:

tbh Dishonored also would have been kind of easy if you took away all pretense of a morality system and went hogwild with the insane powerset you are given, though I agree some of the enemies are a bit dumb thus far in the early game

The main problem with Dishonoured was the morality system meant I never actually used any of the cool powers. Now I'm mowing down chumps and it owns.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Pwnstar posted:

Also Dishonored doesn't have a morality system, it has a "how do you want to play the game" system.

Call it what you like. The game basically states that Chaos is the "bad end" system.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

poe meater posted:

How much trolling can you do as an invader?

A fair amount. I killed the visionary, let them hack the antenna and just waited for them at the exit and killed them with a shotgun repeatedly.