Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
Really hoping this will run on my 7700k - my 1080ti should handle it, but this is the first game where I'm legit worried a delidded 7700k might not be enough.

Welp, I'll probably buy and if it doesn't run look into upgrading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
I’m going to be an idiot and buy this even though my processor isn’t technically supported I think. Maybe it’s finally time for an upgrade.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

Wafflecopper posted:

My processor is below minimum spec but it seems to run okay so far. Only just finished the tutorial though so I guess I'll see what happens when the action heats up

What are you running? I’m on a 7700k which seems like it beats the i5-8400 on everything but physical core count. Which could be a big deal, but who knows

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
I’m running with a 1080ti and 7700k at 1440p, and it’s been running really well surprisingly. Haven’t noticed stutter but wasn’t really looking for it - maybe the Gsync took care of it?

Seems awesome so far, can’t wait to get back into it tomorrow

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
I don't like the invasion aspect for my personal gameplay unfortunately. I find I have more fun playing Arkane games with the objective marker off, and it loving blows having no idea where the antenna is on my first few runthroughs of an area when I get invaded. So it's either play the game at a disadvantage, or play the game in a way that makes the whole first runthrough less fun.

I wish they'd make an option to only show antennas on the HUD.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
Is there something up with the Deathloop PC servers? It's only starting in offline mode :(

And Mooncrash is pretty great.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN
I played 25 hours before getting shift, AMA

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

veni veni veni posted:

I agree that it feels less replayable than DH or Prey. Which is weird because of its nature. Although I think it’s wide open to be rejiggered in a bunch of ways to make it highly replayable, so I really hope there is DLC that not only adds content but changes the current content to be more replayable.

Honestly I would pay good money for a DLC that shuffles around the routines or creates a new solution in the same set of levels, or even could add a fifth time and location. Too bad a randomizer that would build a new loop would be too difficult to pull off - it may work, but it'd lose the handcrafted feel a lot of the game has.

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

IMJack posted:

Well that was fun.

A thought on the ending: I was half-expecting another gotcha like the end of Arkane's Prey. If Prey didn't explicitly take place in an alternate-history of Earth and this explicitly did not, it would be fun to tie the two together, or would that be too contrived? The Arkane universe?

well, the dueling guns were the same ones from Dishonored, and additionally some of the furniture is exactly the same, so it’s implied it’s the Dishonored universe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dramatika
Aug 1, 2002

THE BANK IS OPEN

Oldstench posted:

Well, I've tried lowering every setting, turning on and off every adaptive resolution setting, changing AO settings, etc., etc. and still getting random CTDs. It's so weird. I haven't had a game CTD on me since, like, Win98 days.

Dumb question, but I assume you've already updated video drivers?