Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tokin opposition

The dialectical struggle of history has always, essentially, been a question of how to apply justice to matter. Take away matter and what remains is justice.

Mormon Nailer posted:

I will when I get home from work, I'm underwater!!!!!

Are you a fish

Anyway I really enjoyed taking a course that went over a lot of alternate gender systems from around the world but it's been a few years and reading is hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity

~*4 LIFE*~

Mormon Nailer posted:

I will when I get home from work, I'm underwater!!!!!

Yeah I have this problem all the time

I'm a pretty pony! Sig credits: How Wonderful!, Heather Papps, MAP20 Gotcha, Plant MONSTER.

alexandriao

Mormon Nailer posted:

Hell yeah welcome

Do you enjoy discussion of historical reference to queer culture??? Because we're discussing that!

I'm reading some of the papers dad gave me that have reference to "third gender" folks in our tribe and it's cool as gently caress to see myself represented.

Oh!!!! do you have the names of them?

alexandriao

So, I stayed with my one trans friend over the weekend, and I experienced being drunk for the first time! It was really nice and it was a wonderfully safe space, he's honestly like a big brother to me. I also got to wear tights and just generally Exist as myself for a little bit, and that breathing room is incredibly necessary for me to exist in my current situation.

On the way out he handed me "Are You My Mother?", I'd already read through a bit of his copy of Dykes To Look Out For, and I'm planning on doing a proper read through of mother, plus Sterling's Sexing The Body (But like making notes so I don't just forget it all this time).

Doctor Dogballs

driving the fuck truck from hand land to pound town without stopping at suction station

where can I get some of thsoe sex arses

----------------
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HopefulSophisticatedIndianrhinoceros-mobile.webm
"The Bad Boy of Comics"

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

turn off your monitor

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

alexandriao posted:

Oh!!!! do you have the names of them?

These are literally handwritten in Mvskoke accounts from elders!!! They're not even published academic papers, I'm super pumped about them. My Mvskoke reading is good but the handwriting deciphering is taking me a bit; I may scan these to scribd and see if I can get help.

The gist I'm getting is that we don't have "two spirit" in my tribe, per se but we have third gender recognition culturally. Which is loving rad. I'm hoping to get a friend of mine who is a professor at Bacone to look at these with me soon because, between the Cherokee and Creek involvement in third gender recognition and the McGirt decision I may be able to force my home state to recognize me as a fuckin person finally.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

alexandriao posted:

So, I stayed with my one trans friend over the weekend, and I experienced being drunk for the first time! It was really nice and it was a wonderfully safe space, he's honestly like a big brother to me. I also got to wear tights and just generally Exist as myself for a little bit, and that breathing room is incredibly necessary for me to exist in my current situation.

On the way out he handed me "Are You My Mother?", I'd already read through a bit of his copy of Dykes To Look Out For, and I'm planning on doing a proper read through of mother, plus Sterling's Sexing The Body (But like making notes so I don't just forget it all this time).

I'm really, really happy you got some breathing room :glomp: How are you holding up? I always have ears to listen, I've been through it too.

My dad took me telling him I'm non-binary pretty well but we agreed not to tell mom yet. Hopefully he can remember long enough to not let it slip yet.

alnilam

alexandriao posted:

P. D. Eastman really branching out apparently?

Dr. Chainsaws PhD

i was about to use the little drop down menu to come to byob but i had the banner ad that said "byob is gay" so i just clicked that instead. thanks person who bought that ad :w2byob::gaysper:

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
sometimes I think it'd be neat to be a cute girl instead of a giant dude

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Achtane posted:

sometimes I think it'd be neat to be a cute girl instead of a giant dude

I would rather be a giant dude cause then I could reach things on shelves and nobody would grab my tiddy at the gas station. Think about it.

biosterous

i think it would be most rad to just have perfect at-will body morphing with no consequences via magic, can all the magic people get on that please

cishets can also have the power sometimes, but only if they are not jerks

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me

Mormon Nailer posted:

I would rather be a giant dude cause then I could reach things on shelves and nobody would grab my tiddy at the gas station. Think about it.

Yeah but I can't see anything on the bottom shelves AND finding clothes sucks AND I'm not cute AND driving every car feels like I'm sitting in a go kart

but nobody should grab tiddies without consent especially in a gas station

truly I think morphing would be the ideal scenario

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I would morph into a perfectly smooth grey, and be the alien I want to see in the world

cruft

I would probably enjoy grabbing a sexual dimorphic feature at a gas station, but the conversation and negotiation leading up to that would honestly make it not very exciting for anyone and also probably it'd just be easier to do that at someplace that isn't the gas station.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

What I'm saying is, if I do not know you really well you are not invited to grab my tiddy at a gas station

cruft

It never ceases to amaze me how people gotta be sometimes.

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
The first time I ever got groped by a stranger in public post-transition I apologized because I could not compute that it had happened on purpose. Like oh hey sorry dude I forgot that I had my whole rear end in that area you were reaching at. Lemme just get that out of the way for ya.

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

How Wonderful! posted:

The first time I ever got groped by a stranger in public post-transition I apologized because I could not compute that it had happened on purpose. Like oh hey sorry dude I forgot that I had my whole rear end in that area you were reaching at. Lemme just get that out of the way for ya.

"I was groping the air, as you do, and this lady shoved her rear end right into my groping area and ruined everything. At least she apologized."

cruft

What is a sex arse, actually, and how could I tell I was looking at one and not just a normal arse?

biosterous

:sexarse:

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Dr. Chainsaws PhD

:sexarse: 💨

more falafel please

forums poster

thanks Saoshyant and nesamdoom for the sigs!

cruft

I can relate to this.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

I'm the Galaxy Brain at the end.

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

When I was growing up my parents were convinced that I was gay. To the point where when I was a teenager my dad sat me down and said, "look, if you're gay, your mother and I love you no matter what. Just don't be all fruity." Please forgive him as he is a very old man and this was the 80s, and also because when all was said and done, I'm straight but fruity as hell.

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

It's okay to be fruity. Hell, I'm fruity as all get out.

alexandriao

This book is uuhhhh. It's really something. I just grabbed a copy of the "gifted child" book that she talks about and i started reading it last night. pretty much every single page of the first chapter (I only got halfway) is extremely relatable :stonklol:

Mormon Nailer posted:

I'm really, really happy you got some breathing room :glomp: How are you holding up? I always have ears to listen, I've been through it too.

My dad took me telling him I'm non-binary pretty well but we agreed not to tell mom yet. Hopefully he can remember long enough to not let it slip yet.

It's all pretty frustrating. I've known that I'm trans for the past 8 years, and known I wanted HRT, and I've had ample opportunities to transition, but I've always been too scared to actually hit the button for various reasons. It's always been "oh, next year I guess". Things have started gradually improving this year, although the glacial pace with which the government responds to my various forms for welfare, housing, etc. is frustrating as hell. I'm still waiting on one form that I filed back in February, the estimated waiting time was until April

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Drama of the Gifted Child helped me a lot when I was coming to terms with my own brain weasels.

bad guy

did anyone ever write the drama of the stupid ugly child because that's the one i need

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
the griefed child

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Stoner Sloth

How Wonderful! posted:

the griefed child

thursday's child is full of grief, friday's child has extra teeth;
saturday's child is :trashed: as hell, sunday's child probably as well;
monday's child likes to yeet, tuesday's child will BYOB delete
but wednesday's child will never sob, cause they'll bring us back the 'YOB!

Dr. Chainsaws PhD

but friday, i'm in love

cruft

Dr. Chainsaws PhD posted:

but friday, i'm in love

Bo-Pepper

Want some rye?
Course ya do!

what is the significance astrologically if someone was born two weeks early because their mother's doctor had a ski vacation planned and decided to induce because no way is that kid going to mess up some sweet stretches on that powder asking for a friend

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Bo-Pepper posted:

what is the significance astrologically if someone was born two weeks early because their mother's doctor had a ski vacation planned and decided to induce because no way is that kid going to mess up some sweet stretches on that powder asking for a friend

Scorpio Moon, Scorpio Rising, Scorpio Sun.

All houses in Scorpio.

It means the child is too powerful.

cruft

I was born under a bad sign.

I've been down since I began to crawl.

If it wasn't for bad luck, i wouldn't have no luck at all.

Queen-Of-Hearts

"I want to break your heart💔 and give you mine🫀"

*floats in on 2 cloud surfboards shaped like identical gay fish that smells suspiciously of maryjane*
What were we talking about again?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randy Travesty

PHANTOM QUEEN

Oh hey it's NON-BINARY AWARENESS WEEK

You are all now aware of me