Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Ex Mods Poll Opinions (+current IK +current mod)
This poll is closed.
Relax or Die: i'll tell you what it is: posting theft 10 0.07%
ShallNoiseUpon: i have reported oddium for stealing posting valor i hope the moderators will sort this out post haste 14 0.09%
Cheetah7071: more like snoreson smells 18 0.12%
Oddium: no poll for solidarity with mobile users 36 0.24%
Metis: I promise never to interfere in poll results 15001 99.46%
Hmmmmmm. 4 0.03%
Total: 15083 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Monkey Fracas posted:

Might give it a shot- need something to play in short bursts coming up here while I'm busy with other stuff

Any better platform to get it on?

sharrrk posted:

if you arent going to locals get it on pc cuz it has the lowest input lag and a lot of players. theyre planning to add crossplay later on anyway

This, but because I don’t enjoy sitting at my computer to play games and it is a pain to hook the computer up to the TV, I am strongly considering double-dipping on PS5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo

Looper posted:

i don't remember 7r's trophies but sekiro's looked pretty easy, just a matter of having the patience to buy every skill. you can do it!

Excellent. Both games will be second playthoughs, and it was nice finding the rhythm for Sekiro from the onset.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
My bed frame keeps finding new ways to attack me. A piece of the metal broke off and started jutting out at the foot of the bed, reaching for me to try and scratch me when I get up out of bed. I'm gonna be very excited when I can finally trash this thing. One of the days I'm gonna wake up impaled on a support bar.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Sleep tight, don't let the bed frame bite

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
Anyone else gonna preorder one of those weird play date handhelds tomorrow?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cant wait to crank it

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Ometeotl posted:

Sleep tight, don't let the bed frame bite

Fatal Frame

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Stan Taylor posted:

homeless snail posted:

cant wait to crank it

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Stan Taylor posted:

I think the playdate looks cool but I’ve spent entirely too much money lately

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I still don’t get it

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
You crank it I think

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I was planning to get it but I've blown my gaming budget for the month on all the ports and remasters that game out.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

hatty posted:

You crank it I think

What does it do when you crank it? Serious answers only please

EightFlyingCars
Jun 30, 2008

Jay Rust posted:

early hardware impressions say that cranking it feels very good and is incredibly satisfying

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy
I’m a moron, and an absolute sucker for both handheld devices that play games and weird input methods for games (I have dk bongo controllers, etc) so I’m really lookin forward to it. The game they’ve shown a few times of a car drifting around a parking lot looks super fun, almost like Super Off Road. I bet it feels really nice to crank that thing.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Stan Taylor posted:

I’m a moron, and an absolute sucker for both handheld devices that play games and weird input methods for games (I have dk bongo controllers, etc) so I’m really lookin forward to it. The game they’ve shown a few times of a car drifting around a parking lot looks super fun, almost like Super Off Road. I bet it feels really nice to crank that thing.

your one of these steel battalion owners arn't you

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy

JollyBoyJohn posted:

your one of these steel battalion owners arn't you

I literally wish.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

They should make another Steel Battalion, but make an even more complicated controller.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
i want a controller thats a fully body pillow that will hug me and make me feel loved and whisper to me the locations of rare items in final fantasy

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Electric Phantasm posted:

They should make another Steel Battalion, but make an even more complicated controller.

The Kinect version used the most complicated controller imaginable - the human body.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Jay Rust posted:

I still don’t get it

Its a gameboy for indies

Ignore the crank

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Was steel battalion the game with the eject button and permadeath if you didn't eject?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Jay Rust posted:

Whatever a game dev wants. Its just another input. You could make a fishing game or a side scroller where you literally scroll the screen.

Its just something novel to inspire games to try new things that stand out.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Keita Takahashi (Katamari/Wattam) is making a game for it, which is cool.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

it doesn't have a backlight

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

I still don’t get it
it's a game boy for indies + a subscription for 24 bespoke games that only exist on this weird handheld. it's not very complicated

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

oddium posted:

it doesn't have a backlight

Neither do you!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

The Playdate dock with the Poolside FM app is primo, not gonna lie:

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

the hardware is by the same people that make these things, which imo puts it into at least some kind of context. bespoke hardware manufacturing for weirdos. not everyone is strong enough to handle the crank and thats okay
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFD9_8H7lPA

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

they should have put a bespoke backlight for weirdos in

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

now that i've actually listened to them, yo these are pro clicks. i wanna play defender of the future but the prospect of playing an ecco game without cheating is kinda scary...

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I like my games artisanal and hand cranked

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Yaaaaay I did it, I finished Lunar Silver Star Harmony.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

oddium posted:

they should have put a bespoke backlight for weirdos in
the games are just warmer under the glow of an incandescent lightbulb

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

It is inexcusable to make a handheld without a backlight imo

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Maero has gotta be one of the dumbest motherfuckers ever. Yeah remember the guy who a couple years back literally conquered and eradicated three gangs that had been fighting for decades. In like a week. And whose already broken out of prison and rescued someone from death row. Yeah I'll offer him twenty percent. At least the ronin and samedi are massive cartels. The brotherhood I'd just some guys.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

wuggles posted:

It is inexcusable to make a handheld without a backlight imo

What kind of so-called gamer doesn't have one of these on their person at all times?

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

FirstAidKite posted:

Was steel battalion the game with the eject button and permadeath if you didn't eject?

i believe it would delete your save and force you to start a new game if you didn't eject in time etc

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

stev posted:

What kind of so-called gamer doesn't have one of these on their person at all times?

I used to have an accessory for the OG Game Boy that would both light and magnify the screen...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stan Taylor
Oct 13, 2013

Touched Fuzzy, Got Dizzy