Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Home is where I want to be
Pick me up and turn me round
I feel numb, born with a weak heart
I guess I must be having fun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Some dude hit me up asking me about a band but he’s like “no drinking before or during a show”

ha ha ha ha ha ha you loving square

lmao just lmao *lights beefer, blows in face*

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Dara lick my balls

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Red Baron posted:

never too early to grill a burg or poof a beef

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

this is how I normally have to wear mine, sometimes I have to wrap it 3 times.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

jam room is taking shape, good soup! has been a no-show though.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

tenderjerk posted:

That's a good pedal lineup harton

needs a flanger tho

yeah and a phaser, I had swapped the big muff for one of my old bass players phasers but when I moved he wanted to switch back. Muff is alright, I get more mileage outta the ocd/tube screamer on at the same time though.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Plinkey posted:

Looks like a nice place for poofin

beefer corner

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

I’m gonna put in a bar and couch here eventually. Get a small tv mounted behind the bar and I’m not leaving the house.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Drunkboxer posted:

yeah I don’t need all this crap to hear music i can just switch on a little thing i like to call the friggen radio

lol it’s a bit much right? I don’t even play bass or piano really. I just have it in case someone comes over who does.

if you build it, they will come

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Shear Modulus posted:

do you have pics of the poofin room

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

please paint those walls that color is terrible

yeah I didn’t pick it out lol. I gotta power wash the deck and stain it first.

but yeah it’s not my favorite color

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

DoombatINC posted:

Hello sir I'm from the Council of People Whose Skin Itch Like they're Filled with Bugs whenever they See a Surround Sound System with Every Channel Directly Under the TV and I was wondering if you'd like to make a tax-deductible donation or maybe you could move your speakers to their correct positions :(

lol your not wrong but I got 2 operating as front highs and then these assholes built in 2 rear speakers in the back wall so I got those hooked up as the rears.

My sides are hosed though unless I run the wires through the ceiling and that sucks so I’m
probably gonna end up taking a shortcut somewhere.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Elephanthead posted:

None of that poo poo is gonna get done we know what you do.

lol I remodeled my entire house back in Indiana. Completely gutted, removed walls and replaced everything. hardwood floors ceiling drywall bathrooms tile. There isn’t a single room in that house that I didn’t rip out and redo. Made a ton of money off of it when I sold it too.

for the record I will not even operate a saw until I’ve smoked at least 3 bowls.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Shear Modulus posted:

just duct tape the wires to the ceiling

lol

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Asproigerosis posted:

That closet is offensive.

that was supposed to be good soup!’s bedroom

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

euphronius posted:

this would be a good room to do yoga in

beefers and yoga

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

I redid the whole cabin too, it’s still tiny but all the gross carpet is gone and we refinished the cabinets.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

emfive posted:

that looks pretty good but it's going to be a bitch to keep it quiet if you have pain-in-the-rear end neighbors

also should probably look into some foam or cheap black "blanket" things that furniture movers use

I’ve always gone overboard and never worried about it. I actually just met the neighbors yesterday, went over there and drank on their deck. They seem like they are gonna be cool as long as I’m not going at like 2am. Apparently all the neighbors get together and drink on each other’s decks and bullshit/listen to music. I may have a built in audience if I play it right. They were jamming little feat so I think I’m in.

I had a smaller house in Indiana and 2 drum sets in the basement and we never got the cops called on us. Hopefully we get lucky again, but you never know.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Zisky posted:

Harton are you planning on having karaoke nights?

yes, I used to do an open mic on my daughter’s birthday on the deck. Have bunch of people coming by and just playing music all day.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

lumpentroll posted:

harton do you own a jet ski

not yet

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Zisky posted:

Can I do an eagles song?

I’d be mad if you didn’t

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Pamela Springstein posted:

is this the place?

ahh haa I got plenty of time
Hii yaa you got light in your eyes
And you're standing here beside me
I love the passing of time
Never for money
Always for love
Cover up and say goodnight... say goodnight

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

emfive posted:

oh hey Harton here's a tip: set up an ebay search for Roland KC-150 or KC-350 keyboard amps. They're built like absolute tanks and you can find perfectly good used ones for way, way less than new (the new price is not unreasonable but they're expensive).

We've got 2 350s and 1 150 and they've survived years of abuse and spilled coke and stuff and they still work.

I will look out for one

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Bulgakov posted:

looks like a nice time, congrats

thanks! now someone has to come jam with me!

ARF YOU HAVE FORSAKEN ME!!!!

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

emfive posted:

The "moving blanket" idea was more for deadening the room by hanging them on walls than neighbors; windows are your main problem with sound getting outside.

yeah I need to get a bunch of studio foam but it too expensive for what it is. I
need floor monitors first lol. One of the guitar players in the old band had 2 monitors we used live and it was real nice. gonna miss them for sure.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

I’ll miss the monitors more than I’ll miss the guitar player lol!

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Justin Tyme posted:

Harton reminds me of a dude I knew who kept a minibike in his living room and would ride down the apartment complex hallway/common area hooting n hollaring while drinking, he was also underwater on a 6 cylinder ford mustang and liked to buy stuff like dj tables and guitars just to make noise with, he was a good dude but goofy as hell and his catchphrase was calling everything "mega tasty" similar to "poofing beefers"

sounds like a cool as dude

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

ex post facho posted:

let me know if you need someone to game on that TV, I'll beat That DICK!'s score in civ vi any day

I’m lonely lol come jam with me

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Mr. Sharps posted:

making some panels out of rock wool sandwiched between dense plywood and wrapped in a tight weave carpet will work better than straight up foam for keeping sound in the space. you want to mount them with a gap between the panel and the wall

:hmmyes:

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

DryGoods posted:

all those instruments, all that jam space, all that money, and you can't even keep a simple beat

you're out of the band, Harton

NOoOoOOo!!!!!

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

I sanded a wrist cutaway into my schecter to make it more comfortable to play.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

VideoKid posted:

let’s start a new band full of people who are cooler than Drygoods

hell yeah, I’ll add his head to the schecter

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

more band members more toodly doos and tweedly dees

that’s what’s up

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Plinkey posted:

harton, i've been practicing, what do you think?

https://i.imgur.com/Wpjxvfe.mp4

gently caress yes! I can solo over that

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

An Apple A Gay posted:

lets chug a beer to that badass last of the mohicans end scene

gently caress yes it’s so good

the music too!

*chugs bourbon, poofs beefer*

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

so that’s where SHM went

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Good soup! posted:

ill leave it until I get bored with it, maybe start doing my own seasonal ones

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Deceptive Thinker posted:

you could also just buy a modern loving grill that fixes these "problems" with a fan and a drip tray

fan? are you talking about an air fryer?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

Weed makes me better at life