Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
This game really needs a combat log (unless there is one and I'm somehow completely blind), because doing stuff on my PC while my Item World clearer is working towards 100,000 kills D-Merit and looking over and seeing it being dead is surprising. I have 300 billion in each stat vs the poo poo normal items NPCs with millions in stats at best and I'm immune to poison and damage from geo effects. I also regen 5% of my HP every turn, and nothing should even be capable doing anywhere near the amount of damage.

Like what the hell is killing me in the two or three turns anything is alive?

Overall thoughts so far.
  • I like having Auto-Battle; though obviously some things are really balanced around it like the kills d-merit and juice bar.
  • Performance has to be mentioned, especially since they decided to not release the PS4 version outside of JP for some reason.
  • The stat inflation really feels like big numbers for big numbers sake. And the lizard brain pleasing numbers goes up does not feel as good when you already start in the tens of thousands.
  • Karma farming is painful especially because you need to reincarnate to actually gain any meaningful amount. It is like 173m(?) Karma to go from 500 to 2000 in a single stat, so about 1.3 billion karma for all stats. And this is only the 3rd cap and not the 4th one (255, 500, 2000, 4000).
  • UI, this is an issue in most games because some things really are never given any thought. With how repetitive certain tasks are (reincarnating hundreds of times is one example) an option to just speed through with a set option would be nice. Just let me hit reincarnate and a preset that is essentially genius with no other changes, so I can get my karma and go back to farming. Also give me the option to default to Yes and not No. Mostly my issues with UI is the same I have in a lot of games in that there are just too many clicks required to do rather repetitive tasks.
  • D.I. is pretty much how good are you at if statements. If X then Y else Z.
  • UI again, but something positive this time. The radial menu from holding down L or R and being able to just select is much nicer than having to actually run to the NPC.
  • D6 really is rather bare bones compared to D5.

No PS4 version is really weird. Disgaea games may not be the best selling and are rather niche, but I can't imagine PS4 sales would be so bad as to not be financially worth it. They've already done the translation work, so that cost is covered regardless. I can't imagine Nintendo giving them any money for a timed exclusive in the west.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

wodin posted:

I usually have this happen when I run into Ally Damage geo symbols and all my team stand on it and blow each other up.

I run IW solo and have the geo reverse evility and that would actually be an easy thing to spot as the geo symbol would still be there, but when auto-battle breaks there is never any ally damage geo around. Geo symbols were actually the first thing I checked for, but there weren’t any either time my character died.

It isn’t like my character is dead all the time, but it has happened a couple times over thousands of floors.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I just wanna know how to get more Karma

I've hit 9,999 a number of times and getting only like 7k from super reincarnating. I'm not through the main story yet but still kinda shocking

Pretty much you don't do any real karma farming until post game when you get quickly hit like level 40m-50m and reincarnate for millions of karma. You get 120m? per reincarnation at 99m, but that takes too long as it takes way more XP to hit 99m than do 50m twice and get more karma.

If you want an easy 16m karma you can just repeatedly give yourself 1 mana at the juice bar 255 times for the d-merits.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

I said come in! posted:

For those that beat Carnage Dimension, what was your party? I am really struggling to make any progress on Carnage V.

A single galaxy mage that was overpowered from the demo.

You probably don’t want to play the recruit a ton of level 9999 characters and use their d-merits for juice bar usage in the normal game though.

Max level, capped base stats and you should be mostly there already; I think. If not you’ll probably want to get juice bar stats somehow. The trick using the level 9999 useless character bug with a witch and the hp to sp evility done a few times certainly wouldn’t hurt. Just compare your stats to the enemies to see how much you actually need to increase. Though it is tedious and if you can avoid it I would.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

If you make a “useless” character, the option that requires you to reduce stats to make it, and make it level 9999 during creation it only uses 1 mana to make. You must have the full amount that is actually required to make a level 9999 character. Though I only did this in the demo and people are saying you can still do it in the full game, but I haven’t personally checked.

This was an easy way to gain juice bar stats, because a level 9999 witch with the SP evility could reach the d-merit for 10m stats. I would create them in batches and complete their d-merits then delete them for millions of juice bar stats.

You will need the required HL to actually buy the stats via the juice bar, but that really isn’t that much of an issue.

Maguoob fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Jul 5, 2021

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Here is my character right now, they should be able to complete blow through it but instead they are getting wrecked on carnage dimension 5. So I have to be missing something very obvious.

While you do have the stats to kill everything there, but not if anything actually targets your Galaxy Mage. You could try using 9 other characters (with Zombie Revival) to lift or otherwise distract the enemy so your mage isn't getting hit.

If you're not killing everything in 1 hit with Elemental Burst then I don't know what to say. 8.8 billion INT plus an ability with 1B% power (at 9999) should easily kill anything there.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

The Moon Monster posted:

I figured this out right after posting here, naturally. What about item worlds? Do I just need to get carnage items to find enemies over 9999 in there or what?

Normal Item World enemies max out at 9999.
Carnage max out at 9,999,999.
Rakshasa max out at 99,999,999.

You probably shouldn't bother with non-rakshasa items. You can max out stats at 999,999,999,999 before you beat Rakshasa and this can be done with 2k base stats + elite 4.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Dershiva posted:

Can you only buy evilities from the Skill Shop one at a time or is there some bulk purchase option I am missing?

One at the time. Evilties overall are kinda a mess. You can't sort them by cost, you have to buy them individually and it defaults to no so you can't just spam a single button to buy everything. You can't rename your evility loadout like you can the D.I.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

lovely poker hand posted:

I'm trying to make D.I. use a Gency, but only single-use restorative items are available in the "use item" command in my D.I. menu. Is this a bug, or is there even MORE d.i. to unlock after the game is finished or something!

You have to scroll a bit through the single use items to find a Gency (or the Divers), but they are there.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Bloodly posted:

How are Monsters vs Humans? Or ARE there Monsters?

There are monsters, but they’re really not any different than humanoid characters. Each class has its skills locked to actually being that class, except most magic can be taught to everyone.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

zzMisc posted:

Yeah, but then you run into the problem of enemies not staying put from one round to the next. That's probably easily taken care of with the paralysis-causing innocent though, but I didn't have any or think of it when I was in that spot. Probably better to put them to sleep actually anyway, for the crits.

Well the easy HL damage handicap setup is the hero level. You can throw your galaxy mage and the enemy to the same spot as the geos and line them up so you hit all 3 for more HL per hour.

There is a far better one, but is also more complicated to setup so you’d probably want to watch the YouTube video on it.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
I wonder if we’ll get the PlayStation version in the west at the same time as the switch or if we’ll have to wait even longer for a version that won’t run like rear end.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

I said come in! posted:

Just please for the love of god no Switch only release in America. I'm not buying D7 on the Switch.

Switch only release it is! Seriously I’m expecting another switch only western launch and having to wait an undetermined amount of time for a version that doesn’t run like rear end.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Good Citizen posted:

Huh, I didn't expect a PC version this early. It looks like it's the only version without a demo, though?

Yeah no PC demo. They’re probably still afraid of loving it up like they did with the disgaea 5 “demo” that allowed people to modify it and play the full game for free before the actual release date.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Clarste posted:

That's true, but item reincarnation kind of sucks because you can't guarantee it'll be the same kind of item. Grats on your level 200 candy bar.

There is a way to guarantee that the item you reincarnate does end up as the same type. I believe you can also de-rank an item, but that is more of a conscious choice because you'd have to reincarnate the item without maxing out the level.

From the reviews I've watched the big thing with Item World is that you get to it later in the story than usual, and that there are a lower # of floors. Honestly a lower # of floors isn't all that bad to me, because previously it was just use my character with a billion movement to rush the exit to the next level.

Clarste posted:

Rank can randomly go up one tier, but I don't recall it ever going down. But either way you get three options to choose from so you probably just won't pick the bad one.

Edit: I should probably add that eventually you get a way to force it to reincarnate as exact same item it originally was, which is great if you're starting with a max rank item but less so if you were slowing climbing the ranks with an older item.

drat edits making my initial point, uh, pointless!

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

zzMisc posted:

Yes, at level 9999. :P

In seriousness, I was only able to handle those after getting a few class stars on my main and reincarnating, to boost stats while keeping level lower. Do that too much and the rest of the main game will be trivialized, though, if you're trying to maintain some challenge there.

Something just occurred to me - supposedly you can stick Gency's in the item research, reincarnate them back into Gency's again, and every time they reincarnate you get another use out of it. Maybe the same can be done with stealing hands?

Maybe you can get multiple uses out of the stealing items through item reincarnation, but at that point is it really worth it compared to the skill that attempts to steal from every opponent on the map?

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012
Yeah if you want to do class mastery, or more specifically the final star, you want to abuse the Juice Bar to get someone to 10 million stats and give them class proficiency evilities + damage/stat ones so they can 1 shot 2 star LoC Marital 5. You'll want to max out the damage of the sword or fist 3x3 skill and have Yeyasu and Suisen out too.

With like 800% class XP from the cheat shop and the proper stats you can fully master most classes in a single clear. I think only two classes take more than a single clear, but those fuckers are like 28 million XP for the last star.

Pirilika is probably the best person to use HP/SP Juice Bar on because she gets a bonus due to her unique evility. Yeyasu gives +20% stats to everyone on the map? Suisen is the always hit/crit unique evility for adjacent allies.

If you really need extra stats you could get every class to the last star required and then reincarnate and do Juice Bar. You just won't have the 10 million base stats, but you'll still gain a lot from nearly mastering every job.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

Huh, so is the pre-equipment stat cap 10,000,000? I said eff it and decided to max out every class on Fuji to steal Rank 40s (or I guess rank 80s?) but the [Stat] Guy evilties that boost your growths no longer work and give what they should, which feels exceedingly rude when Item Gods seem to require an item being level 300+ which gives them way higher stats than I could have reached.

Yes, in D7 base stats cap at 10 million and so do juice bar stats. Before any equipment you should have some # of HP/SP and 20 million in stats. With max classes, reincarnations, and the better stats from leveling squad the only growth evilties or item bonuses that matter are HP/SP.

Obviously you can the boost the 20 million in stats to a higher number with evilties and character specific unique evilties.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Last Celebration posted:

So for the juice bar do I just do the Carnage Ordeal 5 a whole lot more or is there a more efficient way? There aren’t a lot of extracts in there even after like four hundred clears…

hosed up for sure, I was so hype when I saw my base stats were at ~1000 after full class mastery and was thinking about how stupid high I could get them with 370% cumulative growth bonuses.

No, Juice bar was abusing evilties to increase HP/SP and then remove them in order to drop them to 1. You would do this on a bunch of characters then heal at the hospital. Next was just spamming the gacha for extracts.

I think this, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaeGYLh-9y8 was the guide on how it all works.