Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Throwing being free range instead of directional isn’t a new to Disgaea 6. It was added in DD2 and present in D5.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm also not sure how weapon skills work on some characters. I've been normal attacking with Zed for a good while and he still refuses to learn any fist special attacks. My thief has her unique talents (two of em anyway) but hasn't learned a single gun skill despite shooting the hell out of everyone.

I wanna like this game as I love the series but boy is it rough :smith:

Weapon skills are gone. There are only class and magic skills.

Each non-magic class unlocks four skills via leveling at used to be weapon skills at the following levels:

Skill 1 Level 1
Skill 2 Level 200
Skill 3 Level 1200
Skill 4 Level 6000

If you wish to have fist and gun skills you need to have a monk and gunner.

Edit: If you're wondering what the point of Weapon Mastery is since Weapon Skills are gone. Each level of Mastery boosts the stats said weapon gives by 5%.

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Jul 1, 2021

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

pixaal posted:

Weapon proficiency is a thing (it's in the juice bar). Or are you just saying it's not tied to learning new skills and just some multiplier in a formula? I haven't had enough time to do any kind of dive into how the mechanics work yet myself and information is still really thin online. I was learning towards you don't learn skills this way in 6 from my experience so far.

Sorry I was slow with my edit.

It's a multiplier now for weapon stats.

Good Citizen posted:

Also has anyone figured out if there is a max to the item world? I think I stopped just short of 300 on my tetra cause I got my statisticians and wanted to move on to carnage gear

The item world is infinite now, but the floor counter stops at 9999.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

If you reincarnate a gunner into a thief will it still be able to use gun skills it learned?

No. Change the class and lose the class skills. Only spells are movable in this way.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

kloa posted:

Any word on it coming to PS4 (or heck, PC :lol:)? Really don't want to play this at 15 fps

pixaal posted:

I honestly would expect them to skip that entirely in the west and jump right into an ultimate edition in a year or two that bundles the DLC into the base game and is released for PS5 and PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gz4RBG9Kmoo

Congrats on being right pixaal. D6 comes to PC, P4&PS5 this summer.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cMt71Z2w-s

Disgaea 7 has been announced and releases in Japan on January 23rd, 2023.

Instead of the stratospheric numbers of 6 characters can become Godzilla sized.

The generics cut from 6 are back. In fact at 45 this is the largest roster in a Disgaea game.

Weapon mastery is back and weapons can also be reincarnated to increase their power.

The setting here is basically Shogunate Japan.

edit: The main cast.

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 08:34 on Aug 23, 2022

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Hunter Noventa posted:

Huh, is this one of the faster turnarounds before another sequel? I still haven't touched 6 myself but it doesn't seem that old.

I thought it seemed pretty soon too at first, but it is the same amount of time (two years) as between 2&3, 4&D2, and D2&5. The six year gap between 5&6 is probably shewing our perception.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

New information about the game

Dodeka MAX is limited to a total of four characters. Two of yours and two enemies. Becoming a giant lets you hit enemies anywhere on the map. The transformation has its own special abilities too.

Auto-batting will require a resource called Masoline that is earned through clearing stages. A stage you have already cleared through auto-battling will auto-complete on subsequent attempts. Again for Masoline.

Two new classes:

Maiko

A dancer type.

Thief (Male)

Male thief returns with a new design.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Thanks for the heads up zzMisc.

I've been meaning to give the non-Disgaea srpgs from NIS a try. I hear they're pretty good.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Disgaea 7 details ‘Seven Weapons of Origin,’ characters, Netherworlds, more classes.

quote:

-Unleash the Power of Legendary Weapons in “Shinuchi Mode”

The wielder chosen by a Seven Weapons of Origin will accumulate a “Shinuchi Gauge,” which can be used to enter “Shinuchi Mode” and unleash the power of the sacred treasure.

The character who enters this mode will gain stat boost and be able to unleash unique special skills and techniques.

Utilize the legendary power passed down for generations in Hinomoto Netherworld Cluster to defeat the formidable foes that block your path forward!

So this sounds like the return of Revenge Mode and Overload Skills from Disgaea 5. The weapons are probably a gameplay mechanic and not actual equippable weapons because that would undercut the whole weapon reincarnation system they're also doing.

They revealed another story character, an antagonist, and showed off some locations. Along with two new monster classes.

Death Princess. Who powers up or comes back from the dead when her allies die.

Giant Eye. When attacking, it randomly changes the enemy’s defense status.

OhFunny fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Oct 29, 2022

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

kirbysuperstar posted:

Giant Eye

Confusingly, Evil Eye is the three eyed titty cowgirl monster that was in 6

Ah my mistake.

You'd think they would have made a cow pun for the cow monster.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqboPfcIO6M

New six minute long trailer for Disgaea 7 going over characters, systems, and other things.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DuBTU8_MEiA

Samples of the OST. Takeshi Matsumoto is credited as the composer for Disgaea 7 instead of series mainstay Tenpei Sato.

Takeshi Matsumoto has composed for other Nippon Ichi games like Lapis x Labyrinth. I think the music for D7 sounds really good from the samples previewed.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

D6 was released in Japan in January and then worldwide in June. It will probably be the same for D7.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Disgaea 7 details Netherworld Tourism, mini-games, more classes

Interesting new feature. Revisiting old stages in noncombat tours to chat with NPCs to recruit them and get quests.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

The initial comments from people who are trying the demo say that performance is much better on Switch than D6.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

AnonymouseNo5 posted:

Funny enough, I started 6 the same day that 7 apparently released in Japan on consoles. I had no idea 7 was announced since NIS is in the poor house, literally.

Anyway, 6 on Steams' completion stats start to collapse around Chapter 3, which is kind of insane. I'm at Chapter 7 now, but the folks beating that is like 43% of owners, which seems crazy for what is part-1 of 2 of 10 chapters. Is 6 REALLY that much of a turn-off for folks? Like, yeah: The cap going from 9,999 levels to 99,999,999 and giving out levels like candy is a little weird, but given the inflated cap, it's no wonder you're going to level pretty fast.

I think D4 has the biggest fall off in trackable achievements.

It's first one, for starting a New Game, sits at 89%. The second one, for completing Episode 1, sits at 44%.

But like other goons have said. People play games, but the majority don't finish games.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Huh. Looks like NISA dropped the regular price for D6 down to $59.99 on Steam.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

I said come in! posted:

For some reason I thought it had always been that price.

They priced the Complete edition for $69.99 when it came to Steam/PS4/PS5.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCWjdX2GRwM

New English trailer. Launch date on PS5, PS4, Switch, and PC is October 3rd for North America, 6th for Europe, and the 13th for Oceania.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GEHB4eWVT4g

The demo is out now. I don't see one on Steam, but it is available for download on Switch.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

I also noticed how tight the HL is early on compared to earlier games. Where it was gear that drained your bank quickly.

The game is much better performance wise than 6 on Switch, but it is still missing things from the earlier games.

Team attacks still don't have animations. Even simple skills like Heal transition us away from the map to a different screen to perform the action. I find it harder to know which character I'm looking at with the more zoomed out camera setting since we're looking down at the top of their heads now due to the switch to 3D.

Hopefully, these are things that will return with the next game along with an animated opening.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

I'm kinda shellshocked at the price for the ultimate bundle.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

Last Celebration posted:

This is the closest to a general Disgaea/NIS thread we have. Idk what D1 Complete has that’s meaningfully different than the PC version though, besides a halfassed implementation of the HD sprites.

A lot of quality of life stuff from the later games.

Like being able to reposition a unit without moving it back to its starting location.

Units being free to re-target if the initial unit they were going to attack is killed before they act.

The third camera zoom position and Statistician cap raised to 900 from 300.

Animation skips, being able to quit out back to base instead of the title screen, and autosaves.

Prism Red, Prism Yellow, Prism Blue, and Asagi are unlockable.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

tithin posted:

yeah that's the one

did they remove autobattle for disgaea 5? I remember that was in an older one? (vaguely remember disgaea psp had it)

You might be thinking of 1 and 4. Their mobile ports have autobattle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

https://www.gematsu.com/2024/04/disgaea-7-complete-announced-for-ps5-ps4-and-switch

Disgaea 7 Complete has been announced for a July 25 release in Japan. No word on a global release yet.

Besides bundling all the game plus DLC together into one purchase. It will have an additional story campaign and add Asagi. Both are purchasable as DLC for owners of the current edition.

The following additions in Complete will be added as a free update to the current edition:

Hell Mode can be unlocked for all characters, max stats unlocked, and Rakshasa Baal as a new superboss.