Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Disgaea 6 is kinda missing a lot, huh.

Noticed monster weapons were gone (which eh anyway but still). Monsters can't turn into stuff or fuse, and now everyone only gets 3 special attacks and that's it. oof

I wonder how much of this is because of the transition to 3D leaving less time to animate as much as they normally would.

I think the leveling slope could stand to start out a bit slower. At least give me a few chapters sub-100 instead of blowing past it within a few maps.

Overall I’m enjoying the game though. Still working my way through the campaign so haven’t really engaged to deeply with a lot of the mechanics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

The Moon Monster posted:

So how do I break 9999 anyway? I know you buy the ability with karma, but it's not appearing when I reincarnate, and I'm not seeing a Dark Assembly bill for it or anything after beating the game.

You need to unlock the Carnage dimension to unlock the ability to break the level cap.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

zzMisc posted:

Yeah, but then you run into the problem of enemies not staying put from one round to the next. That's probably easily taken care of with the paralysis-causing innocent though, but I didn't have any or think of it when I was in that spot. Probably better to put them to sleep actually anyway, for the crits.

There's an early map(2-3 I think) with just one enemy and they don't move around.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

AnonymouseNo5 posted:

I dunno. To me Disgaea's campaign/story mode is pretty easy to beat with minimal grinding. I don't know why people would suddenly drop it so fast.

It's not just Disgaea games. Plenty of other games have similar completion statistics.