Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

nvrgrls posted:

Firefox is definitely the best browser to use

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
edge is perfectly adequate

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i use ff to watch utubs op

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I have to use ff to log into a particular service for my job maybe once every two weeks and half the time I do it opens a new tab telling about some new bullshit

it never feels good OP it never feels good

git apologist
Jun 4, 2003

nvrgrls posted:

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Here are the firefox addins I use to make the best browser even more powerful:

what do you use?

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
reading this thread in safari

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

nvrgrls posted:

what do you use?

we have a plugin thread OP

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

safari is unquestionably the best browser for browsin' but for webdev I was using firefox, except less and less websites started to work with it. now i'm using vivaldi for dev, which is a pretty good alternative to chrome imo

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

nvrgrls posted:

what do you use?

I don’t use Firefox.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
firefox is the least bad browser.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

I use awful.application

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Moo Cowabunga posted:

I use awful.application

thats great!

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

rotor posted:

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

echinopsis posted:

I have to use ff to log into a particular service for my job maybe once every two weeks and half the time I do it opens a new tab telling about some new bullshit

it never feels good OP it never feels good

echi literally the one person on earth who needs firefox to log into some work webapp

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress I didn't code it,

maybe it works on edge idk, it just doesn't wrk on chrome and does on firefox so.. don't touch it if you ask me.

I hate the way its always asking me to change password again. too much security forces bad security

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
i misread

firefox still is a fine browser

Canine Blues Arooo
Jan 7, 2008

when you think about it...i'm the first girl you ever spent the night with

Grimey Drawer

rotor posted:

ErrorInvalidUser
Aug 23, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
it would be nice to see a browser move beyond chrome

qsvui
Aug 23, 2003
some crazy thing

Moo Cowabunga posted:

I don’t use Firefox.

:getout:

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

another update. is it good?

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

i assume they made the UI slightly uglier and broke another must-have add-on

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
post itt every time firefox sucks

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

echinopsis posted:

post itt every time firefox sucks

it does and thats why i use vivaldi

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

SO DEMANDING posted:

it does and thats why i use vivaldi

vivaldi sucks too. mouse gestures are nice tho

Qtotonibudinibudet
Nov 7, 2011

Omich poluyobok, skazhi ty narkoman? ya prosto tozhe gde to tam zhivu, mogli by vmeste uyobyvat' narkotiki

echinopsis posted:

I hate the way its always asking me to change password again. too much security forces bad security

an (incompetent) ex-manager was incredibly proud about adding password complexity and rotation requirements to our customer support portal. p sure that's still there though the manager is long gone. the flexibility afforded by salesforce really should not be granted to the people that receive it, but those people have purchasing authority, soooooooo

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Empty Pockets
Jun 11, 2008
I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Firefox on iOS, is in fact, Webkit/Firefox, or as I've recently taken to calling it, Webkit plus Firefox. Firefox on iOS is not a web browser unto itself, but rather another component of a functioning mobile web browser system made useful by the Webkit core library.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

lol

CMYK BLYAT! posted:

an (incompetent) ex-manager was incredibly proud about adding password complexity and rotation requirements to our customer support portal. p sure that's still there though the manager is long gone. the flexibility afforded by salesforce really should not be granted to the people that receive it, but those people have purchasing authority, soooooooo

ug

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

lol

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

rotor posted:

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

lol

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Lmao

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

lol

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

having made all that money from their excellent web browser mozilla has now decided to get into the hottest business of late 2022, tech vc: https://blog.mozilla.org/en/mozilla/mozilla-launches-first-of-its-kind-venture-fund-to-fuel-responsible-tech-companies-products/

Sweevo
Nov 8, 2007

i sometimes throw cables away

i mean straight into the bin without spending 10+ years in the box of might-come-in-handy-someday first

im a fucking monster

how about they make a browser that doesn't break your add ons and redesign the UI every 18 months?

Dans Macabre
Apr 24, 2004

Sweevo posted:

how about they make a browser that doesn't break your add ons and redesign the UI every 18 months?

I haven't had any add-ons break as far back as I can remember and the UI changes, yeah I wish they'd stop doing that lol

still worth dealing with that than using some other garbage

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

it loving sucks that firefox couldn't just make money naturally by supplying a valuable service to the world, because a lot of the nonsense are down to the complete decoupling of the product (which *would* be a usable browser with a stable ui and addon api) and the way they make money (beg for it and get paid indirectly for ad exposures). rotor save us please.

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

nvrgrls posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

it loving sucks that firefox couldn't just make money naturally by supplying a valuable service to the world, because a lot of the nonsense are down to the complete decoupling of the product (which *would* be a usable browser with a stable ui and addon api) and the way they make money (beg for it and get paid indirectly for ad exposures). rotor save us please.

its kind of ironic because netscape was one of the first applications that was free like that. Up until then, people were more or less used to paying for software.

I mean its lovely, dont get me wrong. Firefox as it is now is a long way away from netscape, but its just a lil ironic is all.