Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
I don't think you can really make any crowd hopped up on late-night excitement stop hooting in delight. However I think the event should have a vaudeville hook just in case someone thinks they're a comedian and shouts unfunny poo poo at the runner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Boogalo posted:

Pretty sure ORB has been harmless.

It was the waluigi waaaaah-ing that pissed everyone off.

Wasn't there a pokemon run where Waluigi won the name and they waaaaaaaaah'd every ko.

I thought that was pretty funny lol.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Boogalo posted:

Pretty sure ORB has been harmless.

It was the waluigi waaaaah-ing that pissed everyone off.

I love the repping for waluigi way more than orb, myself.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
all those memes are funny the first couple times but then they get beat into the dirt and you've heard the crowd say orb every time there is anything roughly circular on screen

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
regurgitating the same meme from 7 years ago 100,000 times does feel awful, but if you are the type of person to run the same game 6000 times maybe it isn't as awful, so i don't know how to feel

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

site posted:

regurgitating the same meme from 7 years ago 100,000 times

Hmm, there's something awfully familiar about this idea.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Orb is fine, waluigi is fine, everyone has a good time the kids are all right and the money goes to charity I love GDQ

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Tayter Swift posted:

Orb is fine, waluigi is fine, everyone has a good time the kids are all right and the money goes to charity I love GDQ

Boogalo
Jul 8, 2012

Meep Meep

The waluiji thing would have been fine except the crowd was screaming it extremely loud and distracting the runners, which didn't come across well through the stream since the audio crew was on point.

It was during a hard category super metroid race which the runners needed to concentrate on a bit. If it was the normal volume of most crowd chants it wouldn't have been a big deal.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

I watched the ORB run live and it was entirely wholesome. Yeah, it’s annoying now but at the time it was really fine.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

eonwe posted:

all those memes are funny the first couple times but then they get beat into the dirt and you've heard the crowd say orb every time there is anything roughly circular on screen

Egging other people on to do this is my favorite part of being in the crowd exactly because of these reactions.

Boogalo posted:

It is hard to not punch toad in the face and lose time when you're going fast and press the button too early

Punching toad was a pretty common thing for sm64 runners to joke about back when I was active in it, that was even the name for that split for me in 16 star

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jul 17, 2021

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Catching up on this now and while its nowhere near the best runs that go off the rails - Fallout Anthology, original Arabian Nights, Prince of Persia Sands if Time - I don't think theres been a run go off the rails as loving fast as the Hitman 3 run.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Rematches GTA3 and it is my fourth or fifth Frew run but man 10/10.

Also 11/10 is that ordinary VR golf game. Nothing unusual about the golf, completely normal golf and worth the watch.

Lid posted:

Catching up on this now and while its nowhere near the best runs that go off the rails - Fallout Anthology, original Arabian Nights, Prince of Persia Sands if Time - I don't think theres been a run go off the rails as loving fast as the Hitman 3 run.

Oh I gotta watch this.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Slightly overdue, but recommendations have been collected, sorted, formatted and now listed in the second post of the thread.

I was gonna watch the GTAIII run the other day, but I had forgotten the constant camera switching they do in those runs. I'm not even one to get motion sickness easily, it takes something like Mohawk & Headphone Jack for a video game to get me naseous, but all that camera flipping is just too jarring and makes those runs extremely unfun for me to watch. Which is a shame, I really did want to watch it.

KennyMan666 fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Jul 19, 2021

Gin
Aug 29, 2004
and Tonic

KennyMan666 posted:

Slightly overdue,

Thanks, I looked for this several times. I'll use your list to decide what to watch, every week or two, until the next GDC.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

the GTA3 run is a lot of fun so far; KZ_frew is super entertaining, I always enjoy his GDQ appearances.

PageMaster
Nov 4, 2009
Thanks I usually just watch games I know but the lists have turned me to she great runs I never would have watched otherwise.

Flesnolk
Apr 11, 2012
Edit: nvm, earlier thread explanation was satisfactory

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
It's very funny watching the little nightmares run where the runner whiffs a bunch of stuff but keeps his cool the whole time, and then watching the hitman run and this dude cannot stop swearing at even minor setbacks lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

site posted:

It's very funny watching the little nightmares run where the runner whiffs a bunch of stuff but keeps his cool the whole time, and then watching the hitman run and this dude cannot stop swearing at even minor setbacks lol

Probably because the Hitman runner is not a native speaker, I know that when you learn english as a second language all those "poo poo" and "gently caress" don't have the same weight as for a native. Run still good.