Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Did he fall back asleep

e: He's on now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Why is Naegleria on this?

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Holy hell this is hard for my poor eyes to follow.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

S P E E D

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
"I'm going about twice as fast as intended" while playing a game infamous for it's ludicrous speeds is a powerful statement.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

I already could barely follow F-Zero GX, this is beyond.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
I think I need to upgrade my monitor in order to be able to follow this run.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I have it muted so I don't know if they mentioned this but would you believe me if I told you some of these courses have an even faster method of beating them

Vaah
Dec 25, 2008

:shittydog:

Just popping in to say hello speedfriends! Not sure how much I'll be able to watch live this year, but definitely keeping an eye out for the good stuff

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

SeXReX posted:

I have it muted so I don't know if they mentioned this but would you believe me if I told you some of these courses have an even faster method of beating them

No I would not believe you. How would that be possible without melting the console?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Now the game is going so fast it freezes

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Nemo2342 posted:

No I would not believe you. How would that be possible without melting the console?

there are specific custom builds that basically allow you to fly endlessly and you go in a small oval in the air passing through all the invisible checkpoint that convince the game you completed a lap, not possible on every level and probably the least popular category of the ones where it is.

Blank Construct
Jan 20, 2010

Shepard.

Nap Ghost
Now this is what I'm talkin about

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

this is absolutely bonkers

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Now this is podracing

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

How the hell can he keep following this? I'm having trouble just watching.

e: On second look, I like the Mega Man shirt too. I just try to buy more colorful shirts from GDQ events, since I was basically wearing mostly black tees most of my 20's...

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jul 4, 2021

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

That Megaman shirt is adorable and I want it.

Runs I'm most looking forward to this marathon:

Mega Man X race
K-Shoot Mania
Metal Wolf Chaos XD
Zoda's Revemge: Startropics II
GnG Resurrection
Super Mario Odyssey Talkatoo%
Blast Corps
Battletoads
GTA3
Mischief Makers
GeoGuessr
SILLY GAMES!
Dancerush Stardom
maimai FINALE
The*BishiBashi
Almost everything on Saturday

e:

TeaJay posted:

e: On second look, I like the Mega Man shirt too. I just try to buy more colorful shirts from GDQ events, since I was basically wearing mostly black tees most of my 20's...

I have a problem with buying mostly black tees, too. I try to get shirts in different colors when I can.

DizzyBum fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Jul 4, 2021

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God
I'm quite looking forward to it this year. Previously I kind of just tuned in a few times to marvel at how they manage things, but this year I discovered the youtube channel SummoningSalt who goes into the history and mechanics of speedrunning games and it was fascinating (I particularly recommend his recent video The Human Limit, on the quest to get a human Super Mario Brothers run as close as possible to the tool assisted time). It definitely gave me a whole new appreciation for Speedrunning.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
bismuth does good videos too

sad that sent isn't doing his stuff by the fireplace again this season :(

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Metal Wolf Chaos and fireworks? That sounds like a good time. :hellyeah:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Oh we're just going to skip the last third of the game? That should be fun!

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
yp hoype

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Well this has been a fun trainwreck.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
"Man I'm so smart."

Runs out of ammo.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

For some reason Streamlink GUI is slowing all my other net traffic a lot and if I try to watch it in the browser window it keeps buffering. Hoping it gets a bit better.

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~
RIP Black Velvetopia.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

TeaJay posted:

For some reason Streamlink GUI is slowing all my other net traffic a lot and if I try to watch it in the browser window it keeps buffering. Hoping it gets a bit better.

God bless America broadband barely able to keep up with 6Mbps

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Luckily my european broadband is usually fine with even multiple streams and/or games at once, but tonight it seems like someone's toned my 100mb connection down to 10.

Have to get ready for the Mega Man X run because that seems like it could be excellent.

Merv Burger
Jan 3, 2008

TeaJay posted:

Have to get ready for the Mega Man X run because that seems like it could be excellent.

For once, it's a Mega Man X race that I'm not just simply rooting for caleb to lose in :getin:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Well I thought his shirt had a really weird stain on the shoulder, but when he leaned back I finally realized it was a funky cat pattern instead.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

This announcer reminds of the one guy from previous event who sounded like he was narrating a 50's crime drama. You know who I mean, but I just cannot get his name in my head now. Doesn't seem to be in the lineup this event. (although I sure like all our goon announcers along with Prolix and Mr. Game and Shout for sure.) And AnEternalEnigma.

e: Bradderfield

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jul 4, 2021

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Nemo2342 posted:

Well I thought his shirt had a really weird stain on the shoulder, but when he leaned back I finally realized it was a funky cat pattern instead.

lol this

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

This here is peak SNES along with LttP, Super Metroid and FF3/Chrono

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Having a normal one

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Man, Chameleon always gets so owned in these runs.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I love the platform glitch

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
I look away from a close race for just a moment and suddenly Darren is like a minute+ ahead, what the hell happened? :aaa:

Merv Burger
Jan 3, 2008

Kestral posted:

I look away from a close race for just a moment and suddenly Darren is like a minute+ ahead, what the hell happened? :aaa:

They waited until after beating all 8 robots to do their Chill Penguin revisit, everyone else did it earlier.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

In every MMX race I am incredibly anxious for anyone losing a sliver of health after they get Hadouken

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

first race being close even up to 4th palce is either a blessing or curse for all future races.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Having a normal one

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

"I'm gonna talk some more"

how