Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Spyro Any% runs always make me want to just take over the controller and go back to get all the missing gems, it just feels wrong otherwise.

I'm impressed with the consistent commentary and trivia for this run though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012

Floodkiller posted:

Spyro Any% runs always make me want to just take over the controller and go back to get all the missing gems, it just feels wrong otherwise.

I'm impressed with the consistent commentary and trivia for this run though!

You should see Vortex, you just run through the levels.
I've tried running that, it's fun, even if I'm in the 40 minute times of a 20 minute run :v:

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

"Speedrunning teaches you about life"

This guy seems cool

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

That flight level routing was insane :stare:

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I'm always impressed when people can keep the banter running like this.

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

Bruceski posted:

I'm always impressed when people can keep the banter running like this.

by themselves no less

but he seems sorta crazy when he answers himself / interrupts himself and apologizes to himself

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Was it a 100% on the Great Treasure Run or was it just for speed?

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i'm laughing at people subbing to gdq just so they can go in the chat and say "actually supplements are better than vaccines against covid"

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Never heard of this rhythm game before, the controller and the visuals are pretty fancy though.

Edit: Holy gently caress there is no way I could get used to these inputs, my fingers can't even keep up with Guitar Hero on Hard.

Floodkiller fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jul 5, 2021

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ah this is one of those runs where the runner talks casually while doing the most insanely fast poo poo

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Floodkiller posted:

Never heard of this rhythm game before, the controller and the visuals are pretty fancy though.

Edit: Holy gently caress there is no way I could get used to these inputs, my fingers can't even keep up with Guitar Hero on Hard.

I don't know enough to say this for sure but I'm pretty sure that this is a home version of Sound Voltex

Dodadoodoo
Jun 15, 2007
Do you have a dad? I wanna meet that dad.
This is absolutely insane

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

So I'm already not a huge rhythm game fan, but this game really looks like some nonsense.

Kestral
Nov 24, 2000

Forum Veteran
I have absolutely no idea what is going on, especially the purpose of the dials. Sometimes it seems like she needs to use them to keep the cursors on certain tracks, other times it seems like she can just ignore them and the cursors will happily float around :psyduck:

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Kestral posted:

I have absolutely no idea what is going on, especially the purpose of the dials. Sometimes it seems like she needs to use them to keep the cursors on certain tracks, other times it seems like she can just ignore them and the cursors will happily float around :psyduck:

The left dial is the blue tracks and the right dial is the red tracks, so whenever those tracks appear the dials have to be tuned to keep the arrow inside of them.

The input descriptions I missed are the bottom left/right buttons underneath the four main ones.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

it seems like there's a little forgiveness in that once the dials are lined up, they'll anchor a little bit until it's time to turn them again

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

I remember seeing some games in Tokyo arcades a few years ago that have similar setups, and they were intimidating as hell lol

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Floodkiller posted:

The left dial is the blue tracks and the right dial is the red tracks, so whenever those tracks appear the dials have to be tuned to keep the arrow inside of them.

The input descriptions I missed are the bottom left/right buttons underneath the four main ones.

the white notes are the top 4 the orange notes are the bottom 2

Banzai 3
May 8, 2007
I'm only here for the weekly 24 bitchfest.
Pillbug
This is absolutely flabbergasting (K-Shoot Mania).

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

these charts are wild

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Banzai 3 posted:

This is absolutely flabbergasting (K-Shoot Mania).

I agree, but I also think it looks like some of the most un-fun poo poo ever.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

rhythm games ftw

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Well that was insane.

But Rocks Hurt Head
Jun 30, 2003

by Hand Knit
Pillbug
that ruled, would love to try that game in an arcade only because I can already feel the pain in my wrists

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Hold on to your freedoms.

The most America game is next.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

nice phallic yarn lamp

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

The perfect Independence Day game :allears:

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Ok let's partyyyyyyyyyyy!

Banzai 3
May 8, 2007
I'm only here for the weekly 24 bitchfest.
Pillbug
I kept reading that as Metal Gear Chaos XD and this isn’t far off what I was expecting.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

MICHAEL

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

RICHAAAAAAARD!!

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
The only way this could be a better 4th is if they could follow this up with a Saints Row the 4th play through.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
This was an inspired choice.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
International Superstar Money Money Gold

DTaeKim
Aug 16, 2009

Are they skipping the cutscenes or am I misunderstanding what the incentive was?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

DTaeKim posted:

Are they skipping the cutscenes or am I misunderstanding what the incentive was?

I think they're going to show specific, bonus cutscenes.

I've never played this game so I could be totally off.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
They’re showing like a selection of like 15 minutes of cutscenes or whatever.

Edit:
LONG LIVE THE U-S-A!

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Have a nice day...or not!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
they seem to be very good cutscenes though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU