Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

I've got off this week so this is the first marathon in a while I'll actually be able to watch live. Looking forward to the silly game block, and I'm also curious about how a couple of the runs will go (GeoGuessr, Outer Wilds 100%, SMB3 co-op).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Musical_Daredevil posted:

So, the next runner was asleep. A bunch of people tweeted at them to wake up. They did and proceeded to respond to someone's meme account.

https://twitter.com/BigIaw/status/1411731048090767368?s=19

Oops

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

I already could barely follow F-Zero GX, this is beyond.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Spyro Any% runs always make me want to just take over the controller and go back to get all the missing gems, it just feels wrong otherwise.

I'm impressed with the consistent commentary and trivia for this run though!

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

That flight level routing was insane :stare:

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Never heard of this rhythm game before, the controller and the visuals are pretty fancy though.

Edit: Holy gently caress there is no way I could get used to these inputs, my fingers can't even keep up with Guitar Hero on Hard.

Floodkiller fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jul 5, 2021

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Kestral posted:

I have absolutely no idea what is going on, especially the purpose of the dials. Sometimes it seems like she needs to use them to keep the cursors on certain tracks, other times it seems like she can just ignore them and the cursors will happily float around :psyduck:

The left dial is the blue tracks and the right dial is the red tracks, so whenever those tracks appear the dials have to be tuned to keep the arrow inside of them.

The input descriptions I missed are the bottom left/right buttons underneath the four main ones.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

The perfect Independence Day game :allears:

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

MICHAEL

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Have a nice day...or not!

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Time to beat the Fight House!

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Nothing is pointless! And that's because...I'm the President of the great United States of America!

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

This route to start RBA for Cave Story looks absolutely busted, but I really wish it was the original graphics because these 3D graphics look like rear end.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

DoctorWhat posted:

"Original graphics" only changes character sprites, the 3D environments can't be reverted.

Sorry, to clarify: I wish this route busting worked on the original game (or at least Cave Story+) to avoid having to look at these muddled 3D environments.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Cernunnos posted:

$500 pats for the horse. Lol

A good use of money.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

I'm sorry, I missed something, what the hell happened to the shop?

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

This runner is much better at geography than I will ever be.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

site posted:

Man, 220 new posts while i slept. Something big must've happened

The Good Games™ segment.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

TeaJay posted:

People are saying you should not watch this Outer wilds run to avoid spoilers (if you haven't played it) but how can you see any spoilers when the game is played in Russian

The game is very visual and exploration-oriented so you'll still get spoiled on progress/locations. You'll avoid the dialogue spoilers in the logs but you were never going to actually see that in the speedrun anyway.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

This fangame looks more like someone wanted to make their own game but couldn't think of an original main character.

Edit: Okay, giant room full of precision spike platforming, that's closer now.

Floodkiller fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jul 9, 2021

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Internet Kraken posted:

Have any of ya'll ever won a prize from GDQ donations?

I won that joke prize of the script where Mike Uyama kills Sent for AGDQ 2019, but they never shipped it and I stopped bothering them after a year about it because it isn't worth the effort at this point.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

The 7th Guest posted:

that was a fantastic interview

e: gently caress the level design of meat boy forever is so generic and uninspired

It looks like, from the category and the commentary, the levels are made of chunks and then stitched together in a random order per the seed. Makes sense it looks generic then since they need all the beginning and ends of each chunk to be safe to stitch together.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Even 1 star of this is amazing, how is this 70 stars blindfolded :stare:

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

UED Special Ops posted:

This is going to be insane... That amount of work that must have gone into this...

I guess at the very least, they only need to remember castle navigation and per-star routes since the level can be reset if they ever get off track and can't die.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

The gently caress

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

DoctorWhat posted:

mips blind...

I'll forgive that taking 2 tries :stare:

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

DoctorWhat posted:

holy gently caress this backup

AND THE SIGLEMIC

:emptyquote:

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

When finding the level is tougher than getting the stars in them.

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011

Amazing run and he nails the blindfolded 0-star LBLJ on the first go, what a mad lad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Floodkiller
May 31, 2011