Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Okay that opening bit was pretty funny.

Sadly there's no Yetee designs (again!) that immediately jumps out as must-buy. Haven't got a shirt from previous events, so I was kinda hoping to get one now. Maybe the Ristar one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Scrolling past dialogue fast

And jumping

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

drat this was fast

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The real feat is remembering all those names

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Did he fall back asleep

e: He's on now

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

S P E E D

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Now the game is going so fast it freezes

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

How the hell can he keep following this? I'm having trouble just watching.

e: On second look, I like the Mega Man shirt too. I just try to buy more colorful shirts from GDQ events, since I was basically wearing mostly black tees most of my 20's...

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jul 4, 2021

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

For some reason Streamlink GUI is slowing all my other net traffic a lot and if I try to watch it in the browser window it keeps buffering. Hoping it gets a bit better.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Luckily my european broadband is usually fine with even multiple streams and/or games at once, but tonight it seems like someone's toned my 100mb connection down to 10.

Have to get ready for the Mega Man X run because that seems like it could be excellent.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

This announcer reminds of the one guy from previous event who sounded like he was narrating a 50's crime drama. You know who I mean, but I just cannot get his name in my head now. Doesn't seem to be in the lineup this event. (although I sure like all our goon announcers along with Prolix and Mr. Game and Shout for sure.) And AnEternalEnigma.

e: Bradderfield

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Jul 4, 2021

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

This here is peak SNES along with LttP, Super Metroid and FF3/Chrono

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I love the platform glitch

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

In every MMX race I am incredibly anxious for anyone losing a sliver of health after they get Hadouken

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

"Speedrunning teaches you about life"

This guy seems cool

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Sundered has a great graphic style, definitely worth to pick up if you like Metroidvania style games.

Hoping this will be a good one.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I don't know Tohelot but I can immediately tell he's Finnish from his accent

GL on the run!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Nemo2342 posted:

Ok, clipping out of bounds to get to a part of the level where the developers stored all the quest completion flags is a new one, even for speedruns.

I mean I guess it seemed like a good idea to put them at one place...

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Next up is Nintendogs and the NES block, I'm sufficiently hype (and hydrated, it's a real heatwave even in this north)

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Korone
Korone
Korone

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

It's a dog, not a cat

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Korone plz

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Wasn't the last time we saw Nintendogs in a GDQ some sort of hilarious train wreck as well?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

E A Lasagna

It's in the game

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Star Tropics 2 was never released in europe back in the day, so I didn't play it until a lot later. Don't think it's quite as good as the original, which I played a LOT, but still solid. The speedrun has a lot of nice tricks, I did see Tantalus run this at Retrothon a few months ago too.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Right off the bat

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Could this be the best movie-based license game for the NES?

Or perhaps one of the LJN' Back to the Future games?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

This run was cursed by The Joker

But still under estimate though.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Ninja Gaiden pacifist is pretty impressive

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Go ninja go ninja go

e: drat that run was seriously impressive.

Breathe, Edo, breathe!

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Jul 5, 2021

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

We're live from Japan!

Good luck with Muscle Macho Man Amagon

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I'll have you know that Amagon is certainly not an awful game and it has a kickass soundtrack

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

First time I see that death warp. It's amazing how people keep finding new stuff in these games that are already so optimized.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Amusing that people refer to this other price guy as "The new Sent"

I don't know if anyone watches Gaki no Tsukai, but it reminded me of Shin Onii

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The Lodoss war game looks pretty good, may need to pick it up

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

All this prize art is just uncannily good.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

elentar posted:

the only other famously awful game is Link: The Faces of Evil, aka the Philips cd-I Zelda disaster some people haven't seen already.

The other one, Wand of Gamelon, was featured at AGDQ 2021, I'm expecting this one will feature the cutscenes also.

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jul 5, 2021

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Accidental sword slaps! I mean pets for the horse!

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Splat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

I just missed a BT run. He's just a classy guy with a great voice. Seems like there's a couple of short PC runs coming up, including .. golfing with Teddyras?

e: Wow Faith is one creepy game

TeaJay fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Jul 6, 2021