Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
I had the French version of EoB3 many years ago and really enjoyed it. I didn't get to play 1 or 2 until years later, but I enjoyed them all equally. I've never understood why 3 is the black sheep.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to suggest the All-Seeing Eye utility to make this easier to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

sb hermit posted:

Fun fact. Lands of Lore was developed by the same people that made EOB 1 and 2, after they lost the D&D license.

Another fun fact: There is a port of EoB1 for Game Boy Advance that has tactical RPG elements from an overhead view. I know because I have a copy, and I'm not sure if that's really great or really awful. It might be a 'between madness and genius lies ????' situation.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Alpha3KV posted:

On a somewhat related note, it's possible to play the Sega CD version with a mouse by using ScummVM. I'm pretty sure that's not transferable and the engine is different in ways some people might find important, but it's an option.

Not entirely proud of this, but I have a CDX and I bought a mouse for this game only. The only other games that I own for it are the Lunar games and NHL '94, which do not support the mouse.

Fake Edit: Just remembered that I have Dungeon Master II. That also obviously uses the mouse.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

girl dick energy posted:

I tried to LP it, once upon a time. Best I can tell you is that it sure is a game! Ambitious, in a way it couldn’t really live up to with the shoestring budget it clearly had, running off a very simplified version of 3.5e. Basically the entire budget probably went into getting the license.

It’s really not even a port so much as it is a… reimagining. I’ll probably be going back to it and trying to LP it again at some point.

For some reason, it's just such a jarring shift from the classic 1st-person exploration mode to the tactical map. I've played plenty of games like early Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest where the travel view and the combat view were in two different universes, but something about this EoB 'port' is just incredible to me. Can anyone name any other games that jump from 1st to 3rd person like that? I can't.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I didn't think of Ultima because I only really played 3 for the NES, but forgetting the Gold Box is proper embarassing.

girl dick energy posted:

I’m looking at GBA EotB again and good lord. There are some incredible bugs in that game, and because nobody really cares enough to dig in deep and fully decompile it, there are probably a ton more.

The best armor in the game is a set of +1 half-plate that mistakenly has the weight and downsides of padded armor. You need to regularly unequip and reequip your gear in combat because sometimes the bonuses fall off for no reason. If you put on and take off a certain ring enough times, you can use it to underflow your stats to 255. Many items just straight up don’t do anything. Several skills literally have no use. Fixed “ambush” encounters can be countered by walking backwards into the location. The max level is 7 instead of 10. The final boss is still a monster that’s expected to be “extremely tough but doable” for a level 10 party. Many of the prebuilt characters are illegal in bizarre ways.

It’s a loving goldmine, and that’s just a few examples.

I will literally pay you if you do a bugfix patch and post it to romhacking.net. Also, which FF1 LP? I have recently been playing a bugfix & balance patch for that game that has made that game evergreen for me again. I could never play it vanilla these days.

JustJeff88 fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Jul 11, 2021

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

sb hermit posted:

Ultima 3 for the NES also had the dungeons in first person but battles in 3rd person.

But it's a really hard game to get into, at any rate. Had some pleasant music, though, and they also redid some of the tracks with lyrics.

I am chagrined to say that I don't think that I got far enough in that game to see the dungeons.

It is a very hard game to get into, but there is a patch by a guy named Jeff Ludwig that really helps. The game is not without some charm.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I'm also quite fond of three other similar D&D games, also available on GOG: Ravenloft: Stone Prophet, Ravenloft: Strahd's Possession, and Menzoberranzan. Always a bit sad that those games don't get more love.

dervinosdoom posted:

Yup Legend of Grimrock is the modern version of these games. More Dungeon Master than EOB because of the runic magic system, but if you get Grimrock, you can get these games pretty easily.

Very much so. I actually rebought Grimrock 2 on Steam not long ago (I already had it on GOG) just to play an EverQuest-themed mod as I used to play EQ back in the early years of this millenium. If you are wondering *why* I played EQ, it's because I'm an idiot, readers... because I'm an idiot.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

girl dick energy posted:

I keep finding about more amazing and stupid glitches in the GBA game, but this thread is about the GOOD Eye of the Beholder game and it deserves the focus.

Take really good notes and we'll talk about it later

inscrutable horse posted:

Those are a massive pain to get running, though. Back in the day it was almost impossible to free enough RAM to get mouse and music/sound running, and these days it's just as much of an issue to get them running at a manageable speed. It's a massive shame, because I'd love to play them; you're absolutely right, they don't get nearly enough love.

Happy to inform you that they are all on GOG!

Edit: Dungeon Hack is also on GOG, which is a single-adventurer EoB-roguelike.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I had forgotten, and genuinely like, that a lot of the dumb multi-class regulations don't apply such as only blunt weapons for cleric hybrids and hybrid mages still can't cast in armour. I wish that the Infinity Engine games didn't respect that claptrap.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
Edit: Never mind. I'm not sure if that counted as a spoiler of some sort.

JustJeff88 fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jul 15, 2021

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

they are much more of a thing in the Ravenloft games and possibly Menzoberranzan but I haven't played that one in a long, long time

I haven't played Menzo in many years, but I remember it well. It's really not that hard of a game, to be fair. I remember four things about it: The fan service moment, the part with really good sound design that genuinely terrified me moment, the part that I was stuck on for literally years in the pre-internet days until I stumbled upon a guide for the game at a shop, and the final battle which was very climactic but the only really tough battle of the game apart from the terror moment.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Pierzak posted:

So I'm stuck in a bunker (basement in a heatwave when going outside is literally risking my life) with a lovely computer and I blame this thread for reigniting a craving for some dungeon crawlers. Here's what I've got my eye on, come recommend/dissuade me from stuff:

(I also have many other blobbers not mentioned so feel free to add to the list, but be aware that I've probably already beaten the most obvious suspects)

Lands of Lore 2, 3
Wizardry 6, 7, 8 in order (probably importing one party through the chain)
Ravenloft (Strahd and Prophet)
Black Crypt
Perihelion
Thunderscape
Gold Box series (Pool of Radiance onwards, I'm aware of engine/mechanics changes so I'm not dragging one party through that without some cheaty changes)
Bard's Tale series
Realms of Arkania series
Albion
Amberseries
Etrian Odyssey 1
Ishar series
Stonekeep
Dark Heart of Uukrul

I'm going to recommend the Ravenloft games and their soul sister, Menzoberranzan, because I think that they are solid games that are underappreciated. I would play them in release order: Strahd->Menzo->Stone. I would also suggest for them that you make your player-created characters full casters because the NPCs choices in those games, especially Menzo, are fighter-heavy.

By the way, I'm sorry to hear about the heatwave near you. I just had the opposite experience: I went on holiday to a town that I know well that is known this time of year for being very hot (33C+) and humid despite little to no rain for weeks on end. It was indeed very humid but remarkably mild with tons of rain and everything was green and verdant instead of yellow and brittle. If you don't want to talk about it that's fine, but where are you and why are things so dangerous for you? I'm very sympathetic towards such things.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Albion is not worth the effort. It takes a nosedive in quality after the first hour or so of play, and never recovers. PurpleXVI did an LP of the game not too long ago, and even then it's a bit of a chore to stay interested towards the end.

Link to that? I'd like to see it regardless.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Uuuh... Link's in the link?

Doesn't show up in another colour on my PC. I am glad that you said something.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
Since nobody seemed to mention it, I feel compelled to recommend the remake/remaster of the original BT trilogy. All of the bard-ing and tale-ing with much less bullshit. There is a classic mod for masochists, though.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

sb hermit posted:

I've yet to pick it up but it sounds real fun since Cary Elwes is the va for the titular bard. Or so I've heard.

That's the 2004 game 'The Bard's Tale', but Elwes does indeed voice the tittle character. I was referring to the remake of the classic, viciously hard party RPG collection. It's just called the 'The Bard's Tale Trilogy' and it came out in 2018.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

By popular demand posted:

Did you have patience for Swords of Xeen BTW? I always get tired of the high difficulty of fighting.

I've played the professionally-made games in the engine but never Swords. Is it supposed to be a hardmode type of thing for people who played World way too much?

Ah, right, sorry about that. I'm so used to embedding links in text, I didn't think that it might stealth its way past others :)

No need to apologise; it probably does kick out to most people. However, I use an extension called Night Eye on my browser that makes the motif grey text on a nearly black background as white backgrounds on TVs and monitors is just agony on my eyes.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
The WizIV LP is amazing to me because I don't know how anyone had the patience to play it and the cleverness to figure out everything in that stupid game, even just once, in order to write the guides that everyone else uses. It makes Wiz1-3 look positively user friendly.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Pierzak posted:

Wiz 1-3 are "we didn't know better at the time".
Wiz 4 is "so you say that all our efforts to make the games challenging are not enough? You fuckers have the gall to talk poo poo about the pinnacle of computer fantasy? That's it. It's now personal :getin:"

Wizardry 4 was the first recorded example of developers hatefucking their fans.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
Missile weapons work well in this game as actual weapons, but they are annoying to use because they have to be reset after every use. This means putting arrows in quivers, daggers and stones in pouches etc. This game also does not allow long weapons (spears, halberds, staves) to be used from the second row as in the Ravenloft games and Menzo. I forget which game I played where I used an arrow or throwing weapon, picked it up, and the game filed it back where it was before I used it. I recall being absolutely gobsmacked by that brilliant QoL feature, but now I can't remember the game.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

dervinosdoom posted:

:actually:

In EOB3 you can use spears and halberds from the second row!

I know Grimrock will automatically put thrown/fired items back in inventory

I haven't played either Grimrock yet, but that's good to know. I had forgotten about EoB3, but that's also a happy reminder. It's my favourite of the trilogy even though nobody else seems to like it.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Meleemancer posted:

I always wondered what iron rations were since they show up in a lot of D&D-inspired games. It turns out they're probably from D&D's wargaming roots, which in turn take the term from WWI.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_military_ration#%22Iron_Ration%22_(1907%E2%80%931922)

I wasn't around for WWI of course, but this takes me back to eating Individual Meal Packs (rations, MREs) during my commission. Surprisingly good.

Edit: I didn't want to say anything until I was sure of it, but I still have my cluebooks for these games if anyone is curious about anything.

JustJeff88 fucked around with this message at 01:46 on Jul 22, 2021

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

wafflemoose posted:

Guess Garry Stew's good as dead since poison is no joke, especially at this point in the game where you don't have an easy means of curing it besides a finite amount of potions. I get the feeling he's going to be first to be dropped once more npcs become available.

Also, on a side note I think Cleric/Thief is of the weirdest multiclasses you can do in DND. you've got a healer who also steals stuff? I just have this mental imagine of a robed priest just going around pickpocketing people for alms money.

It depends upon the mechanics specific to each game, but you are correct: broadly speaking, the two classes have crappy synergy. Thieves cannot do sneaky things in heavy armour, which priests can wear, and if the traditional rules are followed then cleric/thieves can't use piercing or bladed weapons either. It's a very awkward combination in rules-as-written 2d edition; druid/rogue would make a lot more sense but isn't allowed. Again, it varies by game as cleric/thieves in the EoB games *can* use bladed weapons and bows. Pen & paper, thief/mage does work quite well although there is no casting even in light, leather armour, but in this trilogy the armour restriction is gone so it's even better. The only synergy I see between thief & cleric is that clerics get a detect traps spell that could take the uncertainty out of looking using rogue skills, but one could easily argue that there is no reason to look for traps magically when one can do it manually, or vice-versa.

Clearly I've never used Tiax in BG1, so others may have a different experience.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

AtomikKrab posted:

I think Generally clerics are allowed to utilize any weapon associated with their diety. So a god of assassins Clerics are going to be good with knives. Also a cleric CAN wear heavy armor, they don't NEED to wear heavy armor

The deity weapon thing is generally not put into effect in most games and not how things work generically, rules-as-written. Also, I am aware that clerics do not *have* to wear heavy armour, but in 2e (which this game uses) heavy armour essentially has all of the good and none of the bad of light armour apart from specific cases such as thievery. A multiclass that says 'My first class lets me wear badarse plate, but doing so keeps me from using the core skills of my second class' is a bit of an odd combination. It's a bit like barding a duck; he's better protected, but now he can't swim or fly.

Mind you, the EotB trilogy plays lighter with those rules, so there might be no issue. I imagine that cleric/thieves can pick locks in plate & shield just as well as naked since mage multiclasses can cast in armour and cleric multiclasses can use bladed weapons. That's not a criticism - I genuinely think that it is great! I really don't like those silly restrictions. As I said above, having someone with two classes have one class weakened by the other kind of goes against the spirit of multiclassing. After all, the character is already splitting their experience; they should get something for it.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Alpha3KV posted:

She can pick locks in any armor and use sharp weapons.

I'm genuinely happy to hear this. This thread is making me want to replay this trilogy, and knowing that it doesn't adhere blindly to dumb 2e rules (again, a very good thing that) makes me smile and makes me think hard about what four characters I would want to go through the entire trilogy.

Edit: I was going to talk about future (this game and the latter two) NPC options, in spoiler tags of course, but in deference to the OP I took it out.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Tylana posted:

To be frank, especially in a SSLP, how hard or interesting the fights and such are are entirely lost on the audience. Do whatever you find fun is my advice.

I agree. I want to see as much of the game as possible; that's kind of the bloody point of an LP, especially a screen shot LP. Speed runs are designed to show of something else entirely, and need to be done in video for obvious reasons. I like how the LP has gone so far and I don't know why we would change it. Show off the companions, the dialogue, the enemies, the puzzles, items, campy voice acting etc without rushing. It's about the journey and all that

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I kind of want to see the same four player-made characters through the whole trilogy, but this isn't a humorous or narrative LP and part of me would like to see an NPC rotation.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
That bug with the spell 'Aid' sure is nice. I never knew about that.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
To be fair, in 2e rules (unlike 3e and beyond) her spells aren't less effective or easier to save against, she just gets the base amount of spells and no bonus ones.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

seaborgium posted:

That's probably it. One of the characters in Dragonlance was based on a home campaign and he had genuinely rolled a 3 for con, so throughout the novels he was always sickly as poo poo but he was a wizard so no one cared.

Yep, Raistlin. Yet his official scores in all of the source material had his Con as being about 9, which is average with no penalties (at least in 2e). I know why they did this: a mage with 3 con would literally get 1 hp per level and would be drat near unplayable. Frail sickly character works well in a novel with full narrative control, not so much in a campaign when he can be one-shot easily... especially in a setting where mages are largely feared and hated and people very much want to kill them, even the good ones.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

PurpleXVI posted:

At 12- Wisdom, Clerics have a chance of spell failure on cast(5% per point below 13, so 20% at 9 Wisdom), and at 17- Intelligence, Mages are limited in their maximum spell level(a 9 Int mage never gets beyond 4th level spells)

I (sadly) remembered this, but I don't think that the 5% failure chance is reflected in this game and the intelligence limit is irrelevant in this game as well as EoB1 is a low-level adventure. Problematic in pen & paper, but not an issue here. Even in EoB3 getting to that high of level isn't really organic, but if I'm wrong about the spell failure thing let me know.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

vilkacis posted:

Yeah, this is something i'm pretty sure i saw explicitly stated in some of the manuals.

A mage with 7 con is more or less indistinguishable from one with 9 though, and would at least have been a little more accurate to the source material.

:doh: I completely forgot spell failure being a thing. For good reason. Goddamn. That is really goddamn mean.

I don't think any of the crpgs actually implemented it though...

...but then again they might have, since i had no idea EotB had bothered to include bonus exp, either!

Wisdom is the only 'Prime Requisite' for clerics, but I thought that all PRs had to be 16+ to get the 10% bonus in 2e.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I always remember Viconia from the BG games. People always complain about her lovely con (which is 9) and her resultant lovely HP. There is actually no HP penalty for 9 Con, but there's also no bonus. Given that the highest bonus a cleric can get from con at 16+ is 2 hp/level and only for the first 10 levels, that's only 20 hp over the life of the character. Mind you, that's guaranteed HP if one enjoys random HP rolls - and why would any sane person do that? - but 20 is still not a massive sum.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

The Cheshire Cat posted:

It's not a ton but it's still significant considering the maximum HP a cleric gets per level just from rolls alone is 8, so at level 10, assuming maxed HP rolls, you would have a little more HP than a cleric with no con bonus at level 12. And as you say, with random HP rolls it might amount to a whole lot more.

It probably just does boil down to people being annoyed by a character being "suboptimal" rather than any material difference though, yeah, because it's the kind of thing where if your cleric is dying that's probably more due to poor tactical decisions than because they simply weren't tough enough.

Fair points. I will say that I've always been a proponent of fixed HP progression at level up. It's too important to a character to be subject to the whims of dice, and I think that just giving everyone max HP for their class, level and Con and balancing a game (video or P&P) around that is the way to go. Everyone these days is down on rolling ability scores, which are crucial to characters and basically permanent, so why preserve the same antiquated system for max HP? Going with some other fixed value, like 4e, is fine too, but make it a fixed value to build around so that nobody is permanently gimped due to bad luck.

One house rule that I would recommend for *any* version of D&D, except 4e which made it official, is that characters start with HP equal to their Con just for being alive and per-level HP rolls are on top of that. It makes low-level characters soooo much less frail and has a nominal effect at higher levels. It also creates an easy system for determining the HP of level 0 NPCs.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

PurpleXVI posted:

2e has been my comfort food of pen and paper RPG's since forever. but... man I can't pretend it's a good system. It has so many dumb moron decisions and non-moving parts where it needs moving parts and moving parts where it needs static parts. It's just a mess of house rules with a nice hardcover that has no guiding philosophy, no central brain or red thread through it, and yet it's salvaged by having the most insanely good support of settings and lore books for what is, in fact, a really bad game.

Same. I had an incredible run playing it during the 90s, but I realised long ago that it's not a good system, I just played it with good people.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
It just occurred to me to ask this when you mentioned not needing lockpicks... is there any use in this game, or either of the sequels, for a thief? I'm trying to remember specific traps that can be disarmed and/or locks that cannot be opened any other way, and it's not coming to me. That could just be due to how long it's been since I played the trilogy, though.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
I'm mostly sure that the reason that the Mind Flayer did 82 damage to that one female characters (one more hit point than her maximum) is to simulate what flayers do in pen & paper, which is to paralyse with their cone of mind blast and then eat the brain of their helpless victim. This latter attack is, naturally, quite fatal.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

dervinosdoom posted:

I hate the mind flayers in the EOB series. RANGED,INVISIBLE, SILENT PARALYSIS.

8 YO me had a lot of trouble at this point

I don't remember how old I was, but I had problems too, even with a full party of 6. One issues is that there is not way to proactively prevent paralysis, only cure it, so if the cleric is paralysed then there is no way to get rid of it.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

The Cheshire Cat posted:

My guess here is that what it's doing is unlike most spells, rather than shooting a projectile it just has some sort of instant effect applied in the tiles ahead of you, and they likely just forgot to have it check for obstacles when doing so. I would guess that burning hands probably uses the same logic, but it only affects the tile immediately ahead of you so you wouldn't be able to hit anything beyond a door/wall with it anyway.

I was just about to post this very thing. Lightning Bolt, Fireball, and Magic Missile very clearly shoot a projectile that can travel quite a distance, but Cone of Cold clearly just manifests some swirly white particles in front of the party.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever
Since you already have a cleric and mage, bring Tyrra because plain fighters are boring and Tod because I recall this game having a lot of locks.