Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

dervinosdoom posted:

It's a part of old 2.5d rpgs I like to call square dancing rpgs. All the EOBs, Land of Lore, Dungeon Masters 1 & 2, and a few other games I can't think of right now.

I'm still quick on the numpad & arrow keys because of these games.

same

ugh time to download dungeon master 2 again. i loved that game. Our mac could barely run it but that sort of made it easier because you could basically buffer spells and get like eight fireballs off at once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Pierzak posted:

Also you guys would get me to replay Dungeon Master 2 (probably my fave due to being the first game I tested my sound card on, and cool bits like the shopping mechanics)

I decided to replay it because of this LP
and remembered how fun it was and how dumb I was as a kid about solving puzzles

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Dark Heart of Uukrul just had areas where the in game map and compass didn’t work

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Uukrul has some great puzzles and I have no idea how anyone ever beat it without a walkthrough.

You’re missing dungeon masters 1 and 2, but perhaps you’ve beaten those.

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

Pierzak posted:

You underestimate what a "lovely computer" means. It's an office laptop old enough to drive.

I loved the proto-Avatar feel of Albion, not so much the engine/mechanics. Still, I'll remember that if I crave more of the same.

I don't have it. And after beating Wiz 1-3 I was pretty :geno: about them, like OK, it's good to learn where so many RPGs came from, but they aren't anything I'd particularly want to play again. Looking forward to the newer ones though and already regretting that Japan didn't appreciate them enough.

There’s a good LP of Wiz IV in the archive if you want to see the termination of bullshit puzzle design

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

wafflemoose posted:

Also, on a side note I think Cleric/Thief is of the weirdest mutliclasses you can do in DND. you've got a healer who also steals stuff? I just have this mental imagine of a robed priest just going around pickpocketing people for alms money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dismas
Jul 31, 2008

:justpost::posthaste: