Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Tylana posted:

My Dad got me a shady PC copy of this from Hong Kong on a business trip (back in the 90s). Huge photocopied manual and all. Never got very far, so curious to see a Goon go in with proper knowledge and rip it open.

The real-time (ish?) combat always drove me up the wall.

The SNES version of this is a trip since you have to manually navigate all the combat and movement with just your crappy d-pad :puke:

I actually got this game at a garage sale for free when I was like, 8. Trying to understand 2ED D&D with no manual or foreknowledge of the series was some hell, let me tell you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

PurpleXVI posted:

Ah, yes, loving spinner tiles. Cursed poo poo.

I was hardstuck here for years as a kid because I didn't even know what a spinner tile was, let alone how to deal with it. I just ran circles through that little area over and over until I rerolled, because there must be something a different class can do, right?? :v: