Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
My Dad got me a shady PC copy of this from Hong Kong on a business trip (back in the 90s). Huge photocopied manual and all. Never got very far, so curious to see a Goon go in with proper knowledge and rip it open.

The real-time (ish?) combat always drove me up the wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Xanathar is a (almost) famous character in the Forgotten Realms setting, yes.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

wafflemoose posted:

Guess Garry Stew's good as dead since poison is no joke, especially at this point in the game where you don't have an easy means of curing it besides a finite amount of potions. I get the feeling he's going to be first to be dropped once more npcs become available.

Also, on a side note I think Cleric/Thief is of the weirdest multiclasses you can do in DND. you've got a healer who also steals stuff? I just have this mental imagine of a robed priest just going around pickpocketing people for alms money.

IIRC in AD&D it was only available to Gnomes. Though a Human might dual class it after a mid life crisis.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
To be frank, especially in a SSLP, how hard or interesting the fights and such are are entirely lost on the audience. Do whatever you find fun is my advice.