Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Is it cheating to say dwarf fortress? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

habituallyred posted:

Imagine I posted Shadow Empire's aircraft design screens here. You have no idea how far your plane will go until you have made every drat selection. Then you get to go back to the start and guess what is limiting your plane's range. Do you straight up need a bigger engine? Is your fuel tank too small for the engine you do have? Or maybe your wings are fouling things up by being too big/small. No I don't plan on putting a cargo hold on this fighter, or an anything that isn't a drat cargo plane.

Oh man a fellow shadow empires sicko?
It is genuinely one of the most confusing interfaces I have ever used.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

GreatGreen posted:

TES_IV_Oblivion_UI.jpg

TES_V_Skyrim_UI.jpg

Both of these games have atrocious UI design. Skyrim in particular does that especially awful thing with your resources where like mana is on the bottom left of the screen and drains from right to left, stamina is on the bottom right of the screen and drains from left to right, and the worst offender of all, health, is on the bottom middle of the screen and drains from outside to inside, so at a glance it’s almost impossible to see what percentage you have remaining.

Just because those elements are kinda-sorta “symmetrical” doesn’t mean The design looks good or is useful whatsoever.

Also, as much as I’d love to, I don’t have time to write a dissertation on how dogshit the inventory interfaces are in these games. Suffice it to say they’re even worse.

In all honesty I've played skyrim with like skyUI through 90% of my playthroughs and I forgot how bad the original UI is but oblivions is way worse mostly because you gotta balance a bit more stuff.