Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you afraid of the number 13?
This poll is closed.
Yes, because that's how many Super Bowls Tom Brady will ultimately win. 1 10.00%
No, because 7 8 9 and 10! That 7 is way more scarier. :dadjoke: 2 20.00%
After everything that happened in 2020, 13 is the least scariest thing imaginable. 2 20.00%
I like turtles and/or internet polls. 5 50.00%
Total: 10 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Is it July yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

jabro posted:

Is it July yet?

No but it feels like it.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

It's July somewhere.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
Can I have a friend of mine added to the waitlist? He will be getting a forum account shortly -- but... I wanted to get him on there ASAP.

Can just put as EconDad's friend, for now.

Also: I'm ready for the 20 team league to fire up again. More sorrow. More chills.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

EconDad posted:

Can I have a friend of mine added to the waitlist? He will be getting a forum account shortly -- but... I wanted to get him on there ASAP.

Can just put as EconDad's friend, for now.

Also: I'm ready for the 20 team league to fire up again. More sorrow. More chills.

Sure thing, he’s been added to the list.

The season will start sooner than you think.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
Sweet. Thanks for adding him. Four quits to get to him is probably a lot -- but you never know.

I'm ready for it. Ready to draft 17th or later as usual.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Silly Burrito posted:

Ok, might as well keep a list for season 14 proposals to keep it clear. I'll add this to the second post in the thread to keep it separate. I didn't add what I thought were jokes, but if you were serious and I'm mistaken, let me know. If you want to modify or pull your proposal, just tell me.

1. Propose we remove defenses (Yes/No)
2. Propose we remove kickers (Yes/No)
3. If proposals #1 or #2 pass, replace it with either a 3rd flex/IDP/or nothing at all (3rd flex/IDP/None)
4. Propose we revert defenses to ESPN standard scoring (Yes/No)
5. Propose we add punters (Yes/No)

From what I could tell, no, you can't flex a kicker or punter. There is an Offensive Player Utility roster spot , but that would essentially be a superflex spot and would make QBs even more scarce. https://support.espn.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003939432-Roster-Slots-Offense-

just fyi, I run a league where we have punters on ESPN

it's fun. the key thing is to fully utilize their scoring: different bonuses for punts inside the 20 and inside the 10, and NEGATIVE points for punt return yardage. it makes punters valuable enough that people actually try to do research on punt units, but not so valuable that they outweigh a great QB game or some star PPR game. I can dig up exact scoring we use later if wanted

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

pmchem posted:

just fyi, I run a league where we have punters on ESPN

it's fun. the key thing is to fully utilize their scoring: different bonuses for punts inside the 20 and inside the 10, and NEGATIVE points for punt return yardage. it makes punters valuable enough that people actually try to do research on punt units, but not so valuable that they outweigh a great QB game or some star PPR game. I can dig up exact scoring we use later if wanted

Sounds good, thanks! We'll see how the vote goes next season and go from there. Still planning to have people cast their votes when they check into the Season 14 thread (guessing very early July, I'll post a link in this thread). Hopefully that's the easiest way, we'll see!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

By popular demand, the new thread is up here: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=4005436

Please remember to vote when you check in!!!