Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
PRO DOTA 2: THE INTERNATIONAL 2022 EDITION

:siren: :siren: TEAM SPIRIT THE YOUNGEST SQUAD AT TI10 DID IT, THEY SLAYED BASICALLY ALL THE BEST TEAMS IN THE WORLD IN A CINDERELLA RUN. THEY TOOK DOWN PSG.LGD IN AN INSANE BO5 THAT WENT THE DISTANCE. :siren: :siren:

DAVAI DOTA IS BACK

UPDATE FOR 2022:

https://i.imgur.com/oTmNfQl.png

TI is back on the menu this year after a year+ of setbacks due to COVID-19 and the Swedish Government. Last minute venue was located but unfortunately delayed to October in Bucharest, Romania.

That's right folks, we heading to goddamn Dracula's castle baby.

Just kidding here's the actual last minute arena:

Arena Naţională

What is Dota 2?
Dota 2 is a popular free-to-play action RTS developed by Valve Software based on a custom map for Warcraft III. It features 5v5 competitive multiplayer with each player controlling a different hero chosen from a roster of 113, each with four or more unique abilities that allow them to move around the map, damage or disable opponents, or accomplish any other number of weird and wacky maneuvers. The ultimate objective of the game is to destroy a number of the opposing teams defensive structures and, ultimately, the opposing Ancient. To accomplish this, teams acquire gold and levels for their heroes from various sources around the map, use that gold to purchase items to enhance their power, and clash with the other team to secure a greater advantage for their own side that they can hopefully convert into victory.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp8neRiF9-k

What is Pro Dota 2?
Dota has a robust esports scene, with events running year-round and ranging from small online-only tournaments to huge invitational LANs with impressive prize pools. Valve involves itself with the pro scene by enforcing rules around team rosters and player mobility, as well as hosting the International, which has taken place in Cologne, Seattle, Vancover, and Shanghai. This year TI is heading to Europe and will be held in Bucharest, after a disastrous last minute decision by the Swedish government to rule esports as not sports lol. This year Dota was comprised of a new DPC League System that lasted 2 seasons and consisted of 2 majors. The Teams who were able to get enough points through the DPC league and/or both Major tournaments were able to directly qualify for TI. Everyone else had to qualify through a double elimination bracket tournament to qualify from the teams in the league.

Pro teams are structured around each player taking a role that very broadly denotes what kind of play is expected from them, with one player serving as captain (often, but not always, the one responsible for drafting the teams heroes). These roles are carry, midlaner, offlaner, farming support, and hard support. Teams generally consist of players from the same geographic region (for Dota, these are the Americas, China, Europe, the CIS, and Southeast Asia) and are divisionally organized using those regions as well. Last year the addition of team coaches being able to be with the team during the initial Draft Phase was brought into Pro Dota, effectively giving teams an extra set of hands during preparations for the match.

What is The International 2021?

Once a year since 2011, Valve has hosted The International, the biggest tournament in the Dota scene by far. This tournament will have a prize pool of $40,018,195 USD, directly from the 2020 Dota Battlepass. There is also a battlepass out this summer, but that will not contribute to the pool of this TI.

The International is basically where lives are changed. The highest level of dota is played with the highest stakes. It is not uncommon for players who either never won tournaments before, walk out as millionaires after the grueling weeks of play. This year, 18 teams from around the world have qualified for this year's Aegis of Champions.

TI10 Attendees

True Sight 2019 TI9

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceQ2XFS1tUo

Watch how OG defended their title to become back to back TI champions.

nahaz ruined by peter dager

Last thread stats:

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Oct 19, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
HOLY poo poo TEAM SPIRIT WON TI

TI 10 GROUP STAGE HAS BEGUN

GROUP A:

GROUP B:

https://www.dota2.com/esports/ti10/schedule

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 07:12 on Oct 18, 2021

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

quote:

Dota 2 is a popular

hold up

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

just kidding. Dota owns and pro games can be great.

hopefully we can get some small events in the long 3 month wait to ti.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

My dream event is professional dota where the meta heroes are all banned so we can see weird poo poo

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

Grapplejack posted:

My dream event is professional dota where the meta heroes are all banned so we can see weird poo poo

There is an occasional tournament called Captains Draft that sort of provides this

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Franais.
I hope Necrophos and/or Grimstroke win TI matches. IMO.

Tricky
Jun 12, 2007

after a great meal i like to lie on the ground and feel like garbage

TI is good and all, but when are we going to get the return of the ultimate test of hero design and spaghetti coding: Bot TI.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Thinking about how insane it is that the question "Will there be a patch within the next three months" is legitimately up for debate with no indication one way or the other

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

there will be a small patch hitting most of the popular meta heroes, maybe some items. a big patch would be very surprising.

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

Thanks for the new thread goober

Sugar free jazz is my mvp for last thread

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Let's go OG get Saksa that win he deserves

DNK
Sep 18, 2004

The Qualifiers felt way more hype than the last Major.

I feel like it was because the Majors grand finals involved teams that were already super-qualified to TI.

Tundra looked amazing. RIP. Im glad all of Undying is going; Timado and Dubu especially.

golem get ye gone

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

i would like VP to win

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

og going to fluke their way to a 3peat

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Franais.
Is beating OG the Beaver Bother from Donkey Kong 64 of DOTA? Discuss.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

DNK posted:

The Qualifiers felt way more hype than the last Major.

I feel like it was because the Majors grand finals involved teams that were already super-qualified to TI.

Tundra looked amazing. RIP. Im glad all of Undying is going; Timado and Dubu especially.

golem get ye gone

TI Dota just hits different

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
thanks for the new thread. turns out I have nearly 700 posts, indicating I need to rethink my life.

for those just catching up I usually post this:

Jerk McJerkface posted:

Like I said many threads ago, OG always looks like they have no idea how to play Dota2, and then at 20 minutes they decide if they are going to win or lose and the game ends.

or this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEt0nBwwIHE

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jerk McJerkface posted:

thanks for the new thread. turns out I have nearly 700 posts, indicating I need to rethink my life.

You could also just embrace it :devil:

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

IcePhoenix posted:

You could also just embrace it :devil:

Robo Turnus
Jul 12, 2006

Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
I almost lost faith in og. I have repented my sins. I wish =ceb wasn't a piece of poo poo rear end in a top hat but here we are. i lvoe the hontrash team.

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.
So now that TI teams are set, who are some good players not playing in TI that might be decent at analyst panel banter?

Ceb was decent back at TI5 which is fun as he watched sumail win, then went on to win, and now is trying to win WITH sumail.

But yeah, Kuro will probably be there but isnt really the analyst type. GH if anyone seems like the best choice from Nigma

Also OP needs an update here:

quote:

What is Pro Dota 2?
Dota has a robust esports scene, with events running year-round and ranging from small online-only tournaments to huge invitational LANs with impressive prize pools. Valve involves itself with the pro scene by enforcing rules around team rosters and player mobility, as well as hosting the International, which has taken place in Cologne, Seattle, and Vancover. This year TI is heading to Europe and will be held in Bucharest

Forgot the China TI

Tenkaris fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Jul 11, 2021

Terminal autist
May 17, 2018

by vyelkin
OG 3peat

nikosoft
Dec 17, 2011

ghost in the shell, but somehow much worse
College Slice
It would be extremely funny if OG won again

But let's go Quincy Crew!

Also patch to remove neutral items, thanks, I keep forgetting they exist

Zurreco
Dec 27, 2004

Cutty approves.
I would like to point out that OG was the last team to qualify for TI because they are the least qualified and least liked team. :colbert: RIP Tundra

That being said, I'm rooting for a new org to win it all this year. Really excited for CCnC and pals to win it all when DogeCoin steps up to sponsor their team.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
top 3 teams in the world right now are basically PSG.LGD, EG and T1

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Zurreco posted:

Really excited for CCnC and pals to win it all when DogeCoin steps up to sponsor their team.

Even making jokes like this is sickening

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
OG would totally sell an NFT if they won ti again

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I had to win a Chen game for cavern crawl and it feels like anything that made playing the hero remotely tolerable was removed from his base kit

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

TOOT BOOT posted:

I had to win a Chen game for cavern crawl and it feels like anything that made playing the hero remotely tolerable was removed from his base kit

Oh you didn't stack 3 camps at the same time for your cores?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The REAL Goobusters posted:

top 3 teams in the world right now are basically PSG.LGD, EG and T1

the dpc standings clearly say that it's EG, PSG.LGD, and VP

I would love to see a new team win it if OG can't three-peat though and t1 is probably at the top of my list

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
wow just read the news that all of TI will be a xyclopz solocast and i couldnt be happier

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

IcePhoenix posted:

I would love to see a new team win it if OG can't three-peat though and t1 is probably at the top of my list

I agree with goo on this one tbh, T1's performance on LAN has been absolutely outstanding, they're going to be really dangerous for anyone at TI

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Grapplejack posted:

I agree with goo on this one tbh, T1's performance on LAN has been absolutely outstanding, they're going to be really dangerous for anyone at TI

I really didn't think I needed to add anything to that to indicate sarcasm but here we are

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

As broken up as I am about Tundra's loss, this does bring about a new possible Very Good outcome of reviving the Timado Ceb grudge match

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

IcePhoenix posted:

DPC standings don't necessarily tell the whole story. For example VP didn't perform well at all at the Major.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The REAL Goobusters posted:

DPC standings don't necessarily tell the whole story. For example VP didn't perform well at all at the Major.

IcePhoenix posted:

I really didn't think I needed to add anything to that to indicate sarcasm but here we are

Taffer
Oct 15, 2010

Smythe posted:

wow just read the news that all of TI will be a xyclopz solocast and i couldnt be happier

incredible news. let the hype begin

Lpzie
Nov 20, 2006

dead game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
VP were basically fine at the Singapore Major. They didnt look like they had a great shot to win, but they at least looked like they belonged there.

At the Animajor they arguably had a tough draw playing against Nigma and (especially) VG, and they at least took VG to three games, but yeah, woof.