Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

as you’re aware, jonny claims to have the lowest credit score in yospos. but is that accurate? let’s find out.

my credit score according to credit wise is 690. my ant financial sesame credit score is 697. wow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

420. I don't know if that's good or not

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
credit schmedit

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Armitag3 posted:

420. I don't know if that's good or not

it is if u hoot and holler out of the bank while loan officers try to tell you you're subprime

MrQueasy
Nov 15, 2005

Probiot-ICK
p deece

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
I have a good credit score because I honor my financial obligations, op

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Best Bi Geek Squid posted:

I have a good credit score because I honor my financial obligations, op

can we get some more deets here? thanks

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
lol

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

The payment to my HVAC contractor went through after the start of the month and the credit usage check happens at the end of the month so my score plummeted 55 points in a matter of days. I was going to look into refinancing my mortgage terms this month but welp, better to wait a bit now and hope interest rates don’t go up too much and screw me out of more money for the next 15-30 years.

Credit Card Usage or “CCU” is a big part of this wacky proprietary formula that dictates our access to economic freedom so don’t forget to push that usage down at statement time if you can!

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Fortaleza posted:

The payment to my HVAC contractor went through after the start of the month and the credit usage check happens at the end of the month so my score plummeted 55 points in a matter of days. I was going to look into refinancing my mortgage terms this month but welp, better to wait a bit now and hope interest rates don’t go up too much and screw me out of more money for the next 15-30 years.

Credit Card Usage or “CCU” is a big part of this wacky proprietary formula that dictates our access to economic freedom so don’t forget to push that usage down at statement time if you can!

thanks for the reminder. i just pushed mine back down to 0% usage after reading this post.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

8+0+9=17, which is a prime number, so thats cool i guess.

do i win aything

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
where do i go to look that up

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
if your credit is too low try leveling up in easier areas first before you try to buy the boss house

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

i dont know, but thats primarily because i dont live in a broken society

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

refleks posted:

i dont know, but thats primarily because i dont live in a broken society

sounds cool where’s that

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

yurop bitch

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

i bought a house so i no longer care and now spend irresponsibly

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Archduke Frantz Fanon posted:

wheresabout if you dont mind me asking

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

there is no such thing as a single credit score, the agencies now generate them on the fly depending on the use by the customer, eg your score for a car loan will be different than mortgage loan or utility bill. the one you get for free on websites is probably a decent estimate but generating the score also gives permission for data brokers to market to you based on the outcome

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

graph posted:

wheresabout if you dont mind me asking

i live in the philly suburbs now it cost a lot more than cleveland/akron. my partner is from dc and liked making fun of my sticker shock while we looked

my friend bought a house in stow recently and was complaining about how bad the 10k down he needed to save up was :negative:

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

credit is fake money is fake math is fake

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

my friend bought a house in stow recently and was complaining about how bad the 10k down he needed to save up was :negative:

🙃

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I’ve worked very hard to get a good credit score and I’m about halfway done paying down some bad decisions. I have given up on owning a house

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Ansible Adams posted:

credit is fake money is fake math is fake

credit card is unlimited money

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
max out credit score
open 50 cards in 1 day
withdraw all money as cash simultaneously
leave the country forever

very simple

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

AnimeIsTrash posted:

credit card is unlimited money

that’s what i keep telling the server at applebee’s but they keep telling me it doesn’t work

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

Smythe posted:

max out credit score
open 50 cards in 1 day
withdraw all money as cash simultaneously
leave the country forever

very simple

my dad did this with his long time credit card with a 40-50k limit when he retired overseas

they wrote the debt off and 1099-Ced him a few years later lol

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

that’s what i keep telling the server at applebee’s but they keep telling me it doesn’t work

Going to applebees and demanding the waiter/waitress get me a blooming onion.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

I recently paid off a big balance on one of my cards, and once the statement posted I checked Mint and saw my credit score go up by 30 points (because suddenly my credit utilization was much lower). Then, two weeks later I got another notice that my credit score had gone up another 12 points. I had no idea why, and after a lot of poking around I finally figured out that one of my other credit cards had increased my limit by a few thousand dollars (without even asking me), thus lowering my total credit utilization even further.

Credit it a very, very, very weird game.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

LanceHunter posted:

Credit it a very, very, very weird game.

after years of opening and closing various chase cards to get whatever dumb bonuses i was chasing, and moving the credit limits from the closed card to the newly opened card, i am left with a single chase card with a $65k credit limit, permanently keeping my utilization really low no matter what i do :slick:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

mine dipped back down below 800 because I guess I'm not buying enough houses or whatever

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

also reminder that your credit score is not a risk rating it's a score of how potentially profitable you are as a credit customer [which includes risk]

post hole digger
Mar 21, 2011

most credit card offers arent even good now so what the gently caress!!!!

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

same

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

usury is a sin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
once you pay off your home your credit rating drops significantly, too, which is funny.