Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

yaml bad, kubernetes good

yarp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

my previous org had someone loving incredible at their job set up a helm chart repo, so we just had a properties file we'd fill out, and helm and k8s did the rest. it was loving awesome. made me love k8s almost single handedly

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

k8s built on eks and properly maintained and setup by dedicated folks is the ideal world, but tbqh most companies can't or don't need to invest that much into it, and for those ECS is perfectly needs-suiting

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

12 rats tied together posted:

it ends up being dumb as poo poo running on EKS only because you use the elb annotation on your service and it points traffic to all of your eks nodes which then use iptables dnat to, sometimes, make it to the right node + pod. why bother? you're like 2 steps away from just configuring normal aws poo poo which doesn't have this problem and properly connection drains even up to a million rps

i honestly think the ability to just switch to another k8s cluster if needed completely invisibly makes up for this. i think this is vaguely subjective so u can disagree