Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
https://github.com/mittwald/kubernetes-secret-generator

i mean this thing exists, although "oops sorry about that time we hosed up the security of the randomly generated values" admittedly doesn't inspire the greatest amount of confidence.

helm is 100% terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost

echinopsis posted:

Its time to be honest with you all

I don’t know what kuberneetus is

"What if you had 1000 little computers but could control them all as if they were one really big computer. Also you could install programs on the big computer by basically just unzipping them and the program could behave as if it had the entire computer to itself. Also if some of the little computers break then the big computer keeps working while you swap the broken little computers out"

Kubernetes is a set of programs you install on the little computers to let you do all that. At least in theory.

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Boy cilium sure is a pile of poo poo huh

No idea what's up with it but my db connection pool connections keeps dying after this latest cluster upgrade and of course it can't be rolled back

Thank god this cluster doesn't do anything particularly important

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
I like a lot of the stuff that red hat does but everything they do related to kubernetes is hows-it-going-...-yeah.gif

Sapozhnik
Jan 2, 2005

Nap Ghost
Quadlet seems nice for managing single node containers but it doesn't seem to be widely packaged/available yet