Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Freya Crescent why are you kidnapping that psychopath

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
"I'm not saying it's fish cults, but it's fish cults."

This is a weird mix of somber and comical.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Kal'tsit sensed a spotlight, and has come to elbow her way into it.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Clarste posted:

Just imagine that they're trying to lean in for it and their horns bump into each other. It'd be so awkward.

If it's anything like the time my piercings got caught on someone else's... yeah. Mortifying.

I also want to know how you have fashion brands in a world where everyone's got different tails and whatnot. And what the deal with the Sankta halos is. Can you touch them? Do you have to slide a hat under them or will it phase through one?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Huh, interesting. Man, I want Executor bad. Just to have, really.

Ibblebibble posted:

Also fun fact, Sankta children only get their halo and wings when they say their first word.

That's great. In my brain there's a comical PING! sound effect when this happens.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I just did that secret objective today and man was it a pain in the dick. I ended up helidropping SilverAsh around to take care of them all. It ended up being a pretty elegant strategy (Talulah walks out of the starting area just as the surprise extra drone moves towards her) but it was a pain to figure out.

The next one is worse.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Good job getting through hell.

I did this with a borrowed maxed out Perfumer, Angelina, and Skalter buffing Perfumer's ATK. I also used Shamare to drop dolls on the upper tile to nerf the ATK of the elites attacking the front guy, as well as drop their DEF so my star player, SilverAsh (pointed upwards) could drop onto the other tile and hack through them with S3M2. Pointing him up means he carves up some of the ranged units attacking him too! Made him easier to heal (Ptilopsis S2). Once his skill duration expired I would replace him with Surtr, facing left, and finish off whatever remained.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Did the Blade there just try and pull a Service Guarantees Citizenship on them?

Man I like some of Patriot's lines in there, though.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Based purely on looks, Mostima. I can't unsee Magallan as looking like a supply crate with limbs.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Clarste posted:

These are their E2 art, if that changes anything:

Why do so many ops have some sort of phantom creature as a part of their E2 art? Is there ever a reason given for it?

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Ptilopsis has been with me since I started the game (because of the LP!). She's super good. Let her have her moment!

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Bagpipe Yes!

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Why do the terrorists have to be so cute.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
You're making me want Eyja more than I already do.

I'll probably get her the day after I finish off Ifrit's masteries, as is standard for these things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)

Clarste posted:

I mean, we also have Kal'tsit now so it wouldn't even be that bad.

Anyway, since I began the vote I realized a fatal problem, which is that people aren't coalescing around teams at all, instead everyone's just making up a new team. Which means that in the end we won't actually get a team voted in, we'll get a weird mismatch group of the characters who intersect the most different teams, ie: foxes with hats (Frostleaf and Dur-nar). This doesn't make it unworkable—it would still end up giving me a team—but I feel like it goes against the spirit of it a little. It would probably make more sense to propose a limited number of teams ahead of time, like five or so, and have people vote between those teams. Although that still leaves the problem of how do we come up with those five to vote on.

Well, it's a problem for next time, this time we're getting foxes with hats.

Crowdsource the team suggestions, and offer a choice of 3 previously made suggestions with every post?

Say have people underline any team gimmick suggestions and bold their votes?